rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Just because this is a game forum..

I've had members tell me this is a game site and not bodybuilding.com
when serious fitness advice is given to members (for their benefit).

On the other end of the spectrum there are members who are committed to fitness and see the benefits of a good physique as a bonus.

I find the guys who are not serious about fitness pass judgement and negatively criticize the passionate members.

So which side of the fence do you stand on ?

1. Do you take fitness seriously and have personal (fitness oriented) goals ?
  2. You don't care about fitness oriented goals as it is merely a tool to improve your chances of getting sex ?
  3. Should we water down discussions of health and fitness to make the less passionate guys feel more comfortable ?

I take fitness seriously and have personal fitness related goals. Some are short term goals, a few are long term. I estimate that my long-term goals will take me more than 5 years of steady training to accomplish.

Quote: (07-29-2012 11:53 AM)Hades Wrote:  

I estimate that my long-term goals will take me more than 5 years of steady training to accomplish.

5 years!!!

What are you trying to accomplish???

I eat right and exercise because I want to feel good and look good.

I've recently become fairly serious about fitness and diet, not just to improve my sex life but because I've noticed that out-of-shape guys tend to age fairly worse than those who are committed to doing shit right.

Discussions of health and fitness shouldn't be watered down to make less-passionate individuals feel more comfortable. If a forum member isn't interested in the topic of a thread, perhaps he shouldn't read or reply to it.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

I just work out to feel comfortable when I take my shirt off.

Quote: (07-29-2012 11:19 AM)velkrum Wrote:  

2. You don't care about fitness oriented goals as it is merely a tool to improve your chances of getting sex ?
  3. Should we water down discussions of health and fitness to make the less passionate guys feel more comfortable ?

[/color]

1. I take my Jiu Jitsu seriously. Not just to stay in shape, but because I love Jiu Jitsu. Staying healthy and in shape are added bonuses.

2. For sure don't train Jiu Jitsu to get laid. If I tell girls I do Jiu Jitsu, they think I do karate with 12 year olds lol.

3. Don't water down discussion. My only problem with fitness advice on the internet is that there is so much misinformation. Same with game info. I think it is better to go to the source for lifting/fitness, than to a game forum. My pet peeve is workout programs without squats, or workout programs with one "leg day" and then 2-3 days of upper body work.

Discussions about anything should never be watered down to make people "feel comfortable". Grow some balls and deal with it, or just don't read it.

1. I take fitness and money 100x more seriously than girls
2. Both to get chicks and get ripped
3. Watering down anything for wimps? Think you already know my answer for that one. Like asking if a girl should ever be a fatass.

I pretty much only read the fourm for the fittness and lifestyle improvment threads now

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Ridiculous question - don't water down anything. The less serious members should be rising up to your level, not the other way around. I am getting more serious about fitness in 2012.

Quote: (07-29-2012 12:39 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

I estimate that my long-term goals will take me more than 5 years of steady training to accomplish.

5 years!!!

I want to look and feel good too, it's just that I also want to be able to do this.

[Image: johngill.jpg]

Everywhere I found, the one armed front lever is really damned hard to do. Like maybe only a dozen to twenty people have ever done it. I think it will take a hell of a lot of training.
Some day I want to do bouldering and serious rock climbing, so I'm gradually preparing myself strength-wise.

Quote:Quote:

Do you take fitness seriously and have personal (fitness oriented) goals ?
You don't care about fitness oriented goals as it is merely a tool to improve your chances of getting sex ?
Should we water down discussions of health and fitness to make the less passionate guys feel more comfortable ?

Forgot to answer the last question.
Absolutely not. The more technical, the more experienced, and the more advanced fitness discussion regarding martial arts, lifting, diet, and physical culture, the better (in time) the crowd of fitness badasses that the site will attract. Commitment to physicality can be low-grade (so to speak, maybe just lifting once a week), but that doesn't mean that the guys who give a shit should compromise.

Quote: (07-29-2012 09:35 PM)Hades Wrote:  

5 years!!!

I want to look and feel good too, it's just that I also want to be able to do this.

Everywhere I found, the one armed front lever is really damned hard to do. Like maybe only a dozen to twenty people have ever done it. I think it will take a hell of a lot of training.
Some day I want to do bouldering and serious rock climbing, so I'm gradually preparing myself strength-wise.

You don't care about fitness oriented goals as it is merely a tool to improve your chances of getting sex ?
Should we water down discussions of health and fitness to make the less passionate guys feel more comfortable ?

Absolutely not. The more technical, the more experienced, and the more advanced fitness discussion regarding martial arts, lifting, diet, and physical culture, the better (in time) the crowd of fitness badasses that the site will attract. Commitment to physicality can be low-grade (so to speak, maybe just lifting once a week), but that doesn't mean that the guys who give a shit should compromise.

since its that time of the year.....i think that most olympic gymnasts, particularly those competing in rings, could do that one-armed lever...i have mad respect for those dudes.

The irony that the Lifestyle section of this site is the most quiet. IMO Health, nutrition, income generation, and fitness trump all and lead to .. well.. game.

Maybe in your young days you can get buy being out of shape, eating like shit and having no money but long term to keep a high quality of life and women you will need to upgrade yourself.

Couldn't have said this better myself. At the end of the day lifestyle is really everything. Another important aspect is practicing being "on" at all times. This one is a struggle but damn it feels great when you're locked in!

Lifestyle wins in the long-term.

You can create any "world" you wish if you're healthy and wealthy.

"Game" is great to "see the light" but after you fully see it it's really about building your life. This is why the most successful guys on here tout the same... Cash and health is king.

Quote: (07-29-2012 11:20 PM)kosko Wrote:  

The irony that the Lifestyle section of this site is the most quiet. IMO Health, nutrition, income generation, and fitness trump all and lead to .. well.. game.

Maybe in your young days you can get buy being out of shape, eating like shit and having no money but long term to keep a high quality of life and women you will need to upgrade yourself.

Quote: (07-29-2012 10:48 PM)hoops330 Wrote:  

5 years!!!

since its that time of the year.....i think that most olympic gymnasts, particularly those competing in rings, could do that one-armed lever...i have mad respect for those dudes.

I've done some research and in all seriousness it's possible that a lot of olympic gymnasts can't do a one armed front lever. It's not so much strength as it is skill training, even if you have enough muscle and you're very lean, it could still take a year.
I'm kinda jealous of these guys to be honest but I've made good progress in six months, so maybe I'll be able to do some of the stuff they do in good time.

AFAIK John Gill is also the only guy to ever do a one-armed front lever pullup. This is elite level strength.

I'm putting my heart into training because I'm too poor to go out and/or I'm tired of spending money on hangovers, and not on saving it.

In addition, I consider getting in shape as much a gastronomical endeavor as a question of which training regimen I stick to. Learning to make tasty meals in interesting ways with new ingredients that keep me sated and awake for longer. Training that addresses my deepest, darkest weak-spots, forcing me to improve in skill and strength or perish.

Getting in shape for me is synonomous with a more efficient, more rewarding daily/weekly routine and reaching financial goals faster.

Like Covey said, it's all about using your resources and initiative to take advantage of even dull situations, like being broke.

A year from now you'll wish you started today

Wow, I'm glad I asked. Thats crazy, I've never seen that one!!!

Good luck dude

I am committed to building a strong and attractive body.

People that are made uncomfortable by others striving for excellence, because it rubs their noses in their lack of will power and lack of worth, should simply grow some balls. You can ask your physician for some extra male hormones.

After not that many months of training, I have now gotten to the point where girls say I shouldn't be much bigger. I am very lean, I think. In my country we don't have the meathead gym culture, and I am very tall, so that helps with standing out.

* But no broscience (e.g. no squats, eat 5/7/8 meals a day, etc.)

Thanks Giovonny

Sixsix, if you are bulky to the point where girls think you should not be much bigger, maybe try intermittent fasting?
I don't know how lean you are but here is a nice article to check out. Especially the pictures showing the effects.

http://artofmanliness.com/2012/01/25/int...t-fasting/

Quote: (07-30-2012 12:33 PM)sixsix Wrote:  

I am committed to building a strong and attractive body.

People that are made uncomfortable by others striving for excellence, because it rubs their noses in their lack of will power and lack of worth, should simply grow some balls. You can ask your physician for some extra male hormones.

After not that many months of training, I have now gotten to the point where girls say I shouldn't be much bigger
. I am very lean, I think. In my country we don't have the meathead gym culture, and I am very tall, so that helps with standing out.

* But no broscience (e.g. no squats, eat 5/7/8 meals a day, etc.)

I am at this point now. All the girls whom are friends are telling me to stop but I still feel about half the size I want to be. I am only a year in and after 2 I will be satisfied. But its funny how they are objecting to me getting any more swole and then seeing them chase after dudes whom are bigger than me in the bar.

I started working out to help my performance with the sport I enjoy playing but as a by product, I found out that it helps A LOT with getting lizards. Even tough ass Toronto, my work was easier getting lizards.

Again, the same way we are attracted to women with prominent sexual parts to the point where some of us will actually smash lizards with buttafaces, women will sleep with men with nice bodies even if their faces are nothing to write home about.

Example, I was playing ball on the outdoor court in Clapham Common and this Naija guy I know, who is no Idris Elba, came running up from afar. He had no top on and his chest was prominent, a well sculpted upper body. This British lizard who was lurking around watching the guys play did a double take at his physique.

This hammered home the power of a defined body.

You can't improve your height without props or surgery, your facial aesthetics without surgery but you can always improve your physique.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Quote: (07-29-2012 02:21 PM)RioNomad Wrote:  

Quote: (07-29-2012 11:19 AM)velkrum Wrote:  

[/color]

1. I take my Jiu Jitsu seriously. Not just to stay in shape, but because I love Jiu Jitsu. Staying healthy and in shape are added bonuses.

2. For sure don't train Jiu Jitsu to get laid. If I tell girls I do Jiu Jitsu, they think I do karate with 12 year olds lol.

3. Don't water down discussion. My only problem with fitness advice on the internet is that there is so much misinformation. Same with game info. I think it is better to go to the source for lifting/fitness, than to a game forum. My pet peeve is workout programs without squats, or workout programs with one "leg day" and then 2-3 days of upper body work.

I have a designated area of my place where I put my medals from competition. Yeah, it's for white belt, blue belt, and beginner no gi, but they don't know that. I don't make an effort to point it out, but they usually ask. I tell them it's from "UFC". haha actually, most people wouldn't know what jiu jitsu is. Whenever someone asks me about grappling or jiu jitsu, I tell them "it's like ufc but without punches and kicks". Probably the easiest way to explain it.

Since I don't have a real pretty face, like most male actors I could list off, I'll be improving my physique. I can't help that my face isn't particularly symmetrical, or that I have a very weak chin and light features. It's not like I'm insecure about it. I just enjoy working out since it gives me that boost of testosterone that sitting on my ass just does not deliver.

I do take my fitness seriously. I believe that a good physique is the best form of peacocking (internalized alpha body language, etc). I'm also a broke-ass college student, so good clothes are out of the picture for now.

I have personal fitness goals, both short term and long term. I enjoy the feeling of being more physically capable than every guy in the room.

I'd have to say that it will take me at least 3 years to reach most of my long term goals, since the majority of it is bodyweight only (I'll be traveling for 4-5 months when September rolls around). I read convict conditioning and I want to be able to do a one armed handstand pushup. I don't think it's physically possible, but I was already planning on getting ten years older, anyhow. Might as well aspire to do something ridiculous.

I do this for me and myself alone. I think that the girls pick up on this, there's a lot of guys who only go to the gym to bench and arm curl and their lackluster physiques show this. Girls love a good V taper.

Since this is the lifestyle forum, I don't think we should water down fitness discussion. I don't have a lot of posts (since I have a lot to learn about game [Image: biggrin.gif] ) but I do know a fair bit about fitness and I can still answer questions realistically without sounding like a dickhead.

I also think that strength training is the holy grail of youth. There's more than a few strongmen who did their stunts well into their 70's.

“I have a very simple rule when it comes to management: hire the best people from your competitors, pay them more than they were earning, and give them bonuses and incentives based on their performance. That’s how you build a first-class operation.”
― Donald J. Trump

If you want some PDF's on bodyweight exercise with little to no equipment, send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Quote: (07-30-2012 09:35 PM)kosko Wrote:  

I am at this point now. All the girls whom are friends are telling me to stop but I still feel about half the size I want to be. I am only a year in and after 2 I will be satisfied. But its funny how they are objecting to me getting any more swole and then seeing them chase after dudes whom are bigger than me in the bar.

Yeah, it's funny. I want to gain another ten pounds of muscle, while almost every girl says I am big and then adds it would be bad to gain more.

The only girl who said I was a lot bigger, but could use a "bigger chest, and back, and core, and... except for the arms, they're big enough" was an American female friend of mine. Funny. And I don't really focus on arms.

Hades,

Thanks. I know about Martin Berkhan's Lean Gains but will read the article. I am lean enough. The "I think" I just said to be humble, haha. My sweat smells too much like ammonia as it is.

I am trying to get in better shape (insecurity and not seeing your body as it is? Yeah think so) before I apply for modeling. Really, I should focus more on game instead of all this fitness bullshit [Image: wink.gif] Addicting.

My body means a lot to me. I am almost hitting my 30s and I am proud to be lean and fit. It is a sacrifice as often I am eating Oats for breakfast, have to eat out a lot less than usual, am eating more fruits and lean meats, sometimes have to cut out beef entirely from my diets, and only have 1 cheat day. It is worth it in the end to be my age and still be ripped. Good looks make the transition A LOT easier and you better have some damn good game or a lot of money if you want to date the top quality women while being fat yourself.