rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Women and the Olympics: cheer for your country or the hotter team?

I make no qualms about rooting for the hotter (female) athlete regardless of the country that she is representing. Being American, you kinda have to do this in sports like tennis when you have Maria Sharapova and Dominka Cibulkova going against the Williams sisters. A lot of people give me hell for this, but I don't care. Assuming the opposing team/player is more attractive than your own country's team/player, who do you cheer for?

"In America we don't worship government, we worship God." - President Donald J. Trump

Cheer for my team.

Watch the hotter team [Image: lol.gif]

"The whole point of being alpha, is doing what the fuck you want.
That's why you see real life alphas without chicks. He's doing him.

Real alphas don't tend to have game. They don't tend to care about the emotional lives of the people around them."

-WIA

I don't watch the female Olympic competitions to admire athletic ability, so you'd better bet I'm cheering on Team Hotties.

When the male Olympic competitions are on, I'm rooting [Image: american.gif] all the way. Dudes better not let my country appear weak.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

Cheer for your men, ogle the women. As you always do.

Quote: (07-28-2012 11:42 AM)basilransom Wrote:  

Cheer for your men, ogle the women. As you always do.

So, essentially what you're saying is:

"In America we don't worship government, we worship God." - President Donald J. Trump

I'm watching USA vs. Brazil in indoor volleyball right now. Top to bottom, I don't know if I've ever seen a more beautiful team of athletes than this Brazilian team. Tall, pretty, all with those fine, athletic bubble asses, made even more beautiful by all that jumping. There's not a single girl on this team that I wouldn't fuck. I'm not exaggerating. But no, I'm not rooting for them to beat the US. I'd be more than happy to see them wearing silver or bronze around their necks when it's all said and done. Only if the US got knocked out somewhere along the way would I want to see them wearing gold. But ask me which team I'd want to party with, it's the Brazilian team all the way.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

When it's women sports, I cheer for the hotter team. Women don't reflect on their countries through sport so it really doesn't matter if they win or lose. Women can only really win glory for their countries by being beautiful and by not being whores.

It's only men that encapsulate the spirit of the nation, and as such, their victory (or defeat) on the field of battle--or sport--is of paramount importance.

Just my $0.02.

I have a standard rule. Cheer the US men's teams and always support the sexier woman's volleyball team.

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! No matter what. Even if it's female power lifting.

I think the US is the only country in the world that feels bad cheering for itself.

Quote: (07-31-2012 10:31 AM)UgSlayer Wrote:  

I think the US is the only country in the world that feels bad cheering for itself.

you get all types...some apologists but by and large the most fanatical fans are also American.

Quote: (07-31-2012 01:02 PM)mikeymike Wrote:  

you get all types...some apologists but by and large the most fanatical fans are also American.

Have you ever been to Brazil?

Quote: (07-31-2012 01:05 PM)UgSlayer Wrote:  

Quote: (07-31-2012 01:02 PM)mikeymike Wrote:  

Have you ever been to Brazil?

nope...but did go to a world cup so I've gotten a small glimpse of some of the fanaticism they bring...I may have been quick to say Americans are the most fanatical but few countries do patriotism like the US and it carries into sport support.

I can't agree that the US is among the more fanatical fans. In international competitions that aren't held here, you don't see the flags and the dancing around you see with other countries. Take tennis for instance. You don't see us pulling for Americans at the US Open, but no matter what the nationality of players from other countries, you'll see the faces painted and flags of other nations in the stands. Fans travel all over to follow their countrymen. A big part of it is cultural I'm sure. We've always had pro sports teams to throw our passion behind, whereas other countries put their all into international competitions in lots of other sports that they grew up with and are part of the fabric of their nations. In international competitions, our fans do tend to be quieter. I think it's simply a different experience for us. Beach volleyball may be one of the exceptions, because the sport encourages raucous crowds, and I think Americans feel more comfortable going all out in that atmosphere.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

I'm a big fan of the Dutch Field Hockey team.

When it comes to the U.S. men I always want them to win. Women, depends on who they play. If their opponent is hotter, I cheer for the opponent. But many sports like women's water polo etc. are filled with brutes so it doesn't matter and it's US by default.

One thing that has surprised me is how much the UK and Germany suck so far.

I hardly even watch TV, but when I do it's when I know we're winning. Hence, I mostly only watch the winter Olympics.