rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Lorton,VA (greater DC?)

Lorton,VA (greater DC?)

out of pure boredom and depression from coming back to america,I'm going off to visit friends in family.

First stop for a week. Lorton,Va
It looks like its only about 30 minutes from DC.

Anyone been out here? Is this a "suburb" or DC? Should I to make it to DC and just look at monuments and whatnot?

I don't even think i'll be trying to game, But any info on the area could work.

I am the cock carousel

Lorton,VA (greater DC?)

Lorton is more like an ex-urb than a suburb. I lived in Arlington for 3 years, and people generally refer to places that far out as "way the fuck out there". I've not been there, but I've been to several other places that far out, and unless you consider TGI Fridays to be a prime spot, it'll probably suck. You'll have to either hit up Arlington or DC for a "good" time. Or you COULD go south to Virginia Beach. Or Richmond. I dont know anything about those places though.

Lorton,VA (greater DC?)

Lorton really sucks. It used to be home to a pretty bad prison but they moved it and put up a bunch of houses, so while its not a prison area its a boring suburb 30 miles outside the city. head into DC, just dont drive to and from DC/Lorton at rush hour or you will slit your wrists.

Lorton,VA (greater DC?)

You're definitely cockblocked being out in Lorton. There's nothing there to explore. You're reasonably close to Potomac Mills mall in Woodbridge which, believe it or not, is the most visited attraction in the state of Virginia. The mall itself is very spread out and primarily consists of outlet stores.

For anything remotely interesting to explore, you'll have to venture out to DC. Arlington has a decent variety of bars and restaurants but the patrons are typically homogenous twentysomething young professionals.

DC is better, but be sure to avoid driving out there during rush hour times. In the morning rush hour, the traffic is going in the direction of DC and is usually easy breezy going towards Lorton. But during the evening rush, the opposite is true.

If you like to drink, this is a problem because Lorton is a long drive away, especially after a night out.

Lorton,VA (greater DC?)

Fuck
Im hoping I'm just unlucky as hell.
so far you guys give bad reviews.
Then I check OKC and literally my first result
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/LocoWithAMotive
[attachment=6982]
This bitch is crazy

I am the cock carousel

Lorton,VA (greater DC?)

Quote: (07-27-2012 05:55 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

You're reasonably close to Potomac Mills mall in Woodbridge which, believe it or not, is the most visited attraction in the state of Virginia. The mall itself is very spread out and primarily consists of outlet stores.

Haha, I remember back in the late 80's and early 90's when Potomac Mills mall was jumpin'! They used to have a big sign that said "World's Largest Outlet Mall." It's not anymore.
The Japanese tourists used to come in by the bus loads from DC and they would all stand out front and take tons of pictures...each one of them flashing the peace sign with their fingers and cheesin' with these big asian smiles. Good times man.

Yea, Lorton sucks. There's nothing there. The drive to/from Arlington is too far if you plan on having a few drinks. Woodbridge cops are muthafuckas too (if you end up there). I'd stay off the road if you have more than two drinks.

Lorton,VA (greater DC?)

I remember driving by Lorton prison a few times....not so fun

"In America we don't worship government, we worship God." - President Donald J. Trump

Lorton,VA (greater DC?)

Get out to Arlington / Old Town Alexandria on the Virginia side. I personally like Spider Kelly's happy hour during the week in Clarendon (Monday - Thurs). Not a bad place to meet girls and you can play pool, shuffle board (not just for old people on cruise ships), darts, and arcade basketball.