rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What Got You To Where You Are Today?

This one is for all of the players, and all of the soon-to-be players... How did you get to where you are today? What's your story?

What helped you the most to get positive results? Who were influential people in your lives? What are some things you learned, and are learning, along the way? What are some insights you can pass on to all of us?

It's winter time, let's have a fireside chat [Image: wink.gif]
[Image: FireplaceAnimatedFire-resiz.gif]

I have always been a mind player, mind you! But with women, it was strange, i can remember even from 5 years old go and try to dance with the girl everybody liked..and suceeded, but as a teenager i was pretty useless, i thought girls should approach me because i was so great and interesting...yeah right!

My last 2 years in high school (baccaulerat) I started to realize I was not that bad looking and I chose a school path that put me in a class where in my catholic school I was one of only 7 men against some 20 girls in the class, I kind of dominated the class, girls would do my homeworks, write the dictations for me etc, but not date me because i think they respected me more than loved me ehehe, yes, i am a Machiavelli...

So not much success with women until the end of my university years.
Since my 1st day of university, i was approached by the hottest girl and she was very obvious she was interested in me as bf, but i was such a damn ass that i rejected all girls, they would leave notes by my notebooks, car etc and I would just smile and ignore, after awhile they gave up, because i heard rumours they were hot about me but thought I was gay by then (in fact an annoying gay hit on me until i embarrased him in front of everybody)

This is long...
fast forward, i hit the gym hardcore from 18-24 and my ego was at all times high and I started being a player then, when my friend and gym instructor gave me tips as to which women talked about me, i started hitting girls by going to the gym even 3 times a day to meet the different women there, sauna was the perfect place to chat and get some action afterwards..

Thanks to my looks and easiness, i was very confident and cocky, but mainly thanks to hitting "older" women (30-37) at that time, I learned a lot about younger women, ironically.

Then I would do "car-game", which meant I would make eye contact with girls in light stops, gas stations etc and many times I got their numbers handled, I was never good in disco/bar game, but day game, car game...i was a gamer.

Then I went to Netherlands and Switzerland for a career change (music performing) and the first year I couldn't figure the dutch, but as soon as i started focusing in the pool of world talent that goes to study to NL, specially ex Yugoslavians, the dutch started to come to me and my game improved a lot, i would start being much better in party-game, pub game, girls in stores etc.

From those years until now (finished my studies in 2008) I am quite confident and good with women and basically hit only 7.5-10s, make my numbers and i get my action in decent numbers.
From time to time I have gotten real gfs, with the latter ones I barely cheated and now my next level of interest is improving my travel-game, specially since i travel alone (boring, i think), sometimes i find it quite daunting, but this forum is great for that!

I was always a class clown, very social, and a fun person, but never made many deep connections and was never really confident enough to approach girls. I was a complete wallflower. I can attribute my skills to finding the community, the help of my wings, but mostly to the approaches.

Without approaching, getting blown out, building up resistance to social pressure, and learning, my game would have went nowhere.

Failure taught me everything. Luckily I went through my tough learning phase in my teens. I feel sorry for people that have to go through it when they are in their twenties or thirties.

I had a really good friend in high school that was a really good looking guy and pulled more ass than anyone I knew. I learned a lot from him. Learned a lot about the true nature of women through that guy.

"Failure taught me everything. Luckily I went through my tough learning phase in my teens."

I would stay the same for me.

I always looked up to older G's that had Game.

Bit style from others, made it my own, mixed it all in a pot like Gumbo, and there you have it.

My biggest epiphany, moment was going to Spain and France in my teens and swooping fly topless girls.

I figured if I can swoop girls where I don't even speak the language, it would be easy when I got back to the states. (In Pua community terms, I learned a lot about body language, non-verbal communication, swagger, vibe etc).

It was. And I haven't looked back since.

I also picked up smoking cigarettes at that time on a daily basis. One of the most underrated swooping girl techniques of all time. http://www.thegmanifesto.com/2009/08/a-c...-move.html

Quote: (12-23-2009 12:35 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

I also picked up smoking cigarettes at that time on a daily basis. One of the most underrated swooping girl techniques of all time.

Well, I quite smoking a few years back and I don't regret it, on the health decision side; but socially, smoking was one of the best things, specially in Europe. I remember when my school in The NLands banned smoking inside the building...even in winter we were all outside school smoking, talking to each other, lighting girls their smokes etc, it made a great opportunity for further contact.

So hell yes, smoking was gold to meet people and fly girls. But is very unhot in Europe these days to smoke and girls don't like it anymore, either.

Quote: (12-23-2009 03:21 PM)lilactag Wrote:  

But is very unhot in Europe these days to smoke and girls don't like it anymore, either.

Which countries?

My cousins. The big brothers I never had. One taught me to stand up for myself and not to take shit and another taught me the same shit but for girls.

I'll chip in too.

For a kid I was very flirty, and even then I was sexually charged and curious. I probably saw more pussies when I was 6-7 than probably throughout all of high school. This was in New York, and in New York I guess things are a bit more loose, because when we moved to California things changed quite a bit. In California, we moved to the suburbs, and everybody was very "PC". Anyway, up until senior year in high school, I became very withdrawn, until I started hanging out with some friends who smoked weed, drank, and skateboarded. I didn't really get into the skating and weed, but the alcohol was like a blessing. I started opening up quite a bit, and being around people who weren't PC was quite a relief.

Next comes college when I decide to completely transform myself back to who I felt I was deep down inside. Throughout high school I had shit self-esteem, and luckily during college I met some good friends who were very confident, and I learned a lot through them during that time. Freshman year of college is also when I stumbled upon pickupguide.com. This was a really interesting resource, and it gave me a few insights (losing the fear of approaching, not paying for dates [or not trying to look like a provider], keep trying.., AMOGing]. Pickupguide, combined with what I was experiencing living with some really confident roommates pushed me forward at an incredible pace. I started dating a half scandinavian-half south american model who was in one of my classes, who I ended up feeling "oneitis" for. That oneitis took forever to get rid of, because even when I found a girlfriend, I was still thinking about her. Then, after some more time, and dating other hot girls, I finally realized hot girls are abundant, and all girls basically have more in common than not, so there was no point stressing over anyone.

Quite a bit of things combined. I would say the number one was pulling an Argentine super hottie and thinking, "What the fuck did I do to get her, and if I can score this girl, I can score more girls like this."

Quote: (12-23-2009 04:33 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Quote: (12-23-2009 03:21 PM)lilactag Wrote:  

But is very unhot in Europe these days to smoke and girls don't like it anymore, either.

Which countries?
most central and northern Europe. It seems only lower classes smoke these days in health conscient countries like Germany or Switzerland for example.
But smoking still is pretty much part of the culture in Spain, Greece or Italy.

"It seems only lower classes smoke these days in health conscient countries like Germany or Switzerland for example."

I got you. I never have rolled to either.

I am a Spain, France, Italy, Portugal cat.

And not to debunk your whole theory or anything, but the biggest G in Switzerland, Marc Rich, smokes cigars: http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/swiss_news/i...id=7657620

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0312570...ive=380601

Young girls (18-24 the ones i'm more interested) hate smoking here in Spain. It's seen as a disgusting habit, like fart or burp.

vicen,

Where in Spain are you based?

madrid, girls from university.
Smokers are a minority.. 10-20% i'd say. Most of my younger girl friends think its a disgusting habit, others simply don't mind.

That is like everywhere. Some girls think it's disgusting, and there are even campaigns to make it look like the dirtiest thing ever in the United States, but not everyone thinks it is gross, just people who hate the smell and buy 100 percent into those commercials.

"Smokers are a minority.. 10-20% i'd say. Most of my younger girl friends think its a disgusting habit, others simply don't mind."

That sounds a little exaggerated, hell, I think a higher percentage of triathletes smoke.

If it is true, then Adolf Hitler (The king of anti-smoking campaigns) was right:

“When an opponent declares, ‘I will not come over to your side,’ I calmly say, ‘Your child belongs to us already… What are you? You will pass on. Your descendants, however, now stand in the new camp. In a short time they will know nothing else but this new community.’

I will be able to confirm or deny these stats once it warms over on the continent.

Either way, by the time I finish with that country, I am sure smoking will be back up to 90%.

"That is like everywhere. Some girls think it's disgusting"

True.

The one thing I have noticed internationally is that only the lamest, most uptight, girls think smoking is "disgusting".

Great qualifier.

And 100% of girls who model smoke.

i'm not exaggerating, those anti-smoking campaigns are working here.. next year it will be prohibited to smoke in public places
anyway smoking isn't something game can't overcome

cya

Quote: (12-27-2009 10:16 PM)vicen Wrote:  

madrid, girls from university.
Smokers are a minority.. 10-20% i'd say. Most of my younger girl friends think its a disgusting habit, others simply don't mind.

Dude...I dont know. I was in Madrid last week and it seemed like EVERYONE smoked, including young people. All of the restaurants and bars allow indoor smoking.

As i said, i'm speaking only about young girls.. Go outside the metro station called Ciudad Universitaria, the biggest university campus in Madrid, and tell me how many girls you see smoking.

Saludos!

Quote: (12-26-2009 09:54 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

"It seems only lower classes smoke these days in health conscient countries like Germany or Switzerland for example."

I got you. I never have rolled to either.

I am a Spain, France, Italy, Portugal cat.

And not to debunk your whole theory or anything, but the biggest G in Switzerland, Marc Rich, smokes cigars: http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/swiss_news/i...id=7657620

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0312570...ive=380601

Well, i didn't know about him, but cigars are a different category, you smoke them ocasionally or just 1 per day, for the enjoyment, not a vice per se.
But since the article mentions Luzern (he lives by the shores of Lucerne Lake) I reassure you what I said, since I actually live in Luzern most of the year.

Three things:

Desire - I really really wanted to get good with girls. I was tired of not getting anything. You got to want it bad, more than anything.

Curiosity - I wanted to know the HOW and WHY. The experimentation mindset allowed me to try a bunch of different things in a short amount of time, hitting that sweet spot which led to consistent success.

Persistence - I rarely, ever give up. I just keep going and going. I refuse to fail and stop short. This is the most important reason I am who I am.

Quote: (12-28-2009 12:18 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

"That is like everywhere. Some girls think it's disgusting"

True.

The one thing I have noticed internationally is that only the lamest, most uptight, girls think smoking is "disgusting".

Great qualifier.

And 100% of girls who model smoke.

Hey G, I have always heard the saying "If she smokes she pokes." hahaha. Do you find that to go hand and hand?? Do you find girls that smoke easier?

Quote: (01-02-2010 06:17 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Desire - I really really wanted to get good with girls. I was tired of not getting anything. You got to want it bad, more than anything.

This is what separates the champs from the chumps. Desire is the greatest blessing we can have in our lives. Desire gives us meaning, it gives us an indicator of progress. I have come to appreciate certain simplicities of complacency, but I have also come to realize that complacency means a lack of that "fire" which means a lack of desire... and without desire life is meaningless.