rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is it time to buy Nokia shares?

Guys

What do you think about it? Nokia shares are just 1.76 dollars per share.
I think Nokia has 2 options, to die or to be bought by another big fish.
It could be a really interesting investing...

Quote: (07-24-2012 08:00 PM)Scarecr0w Wrote:  

Guys

What do you think about it? Nokia shares are just 1.76 dollars per share.
I think Nokia has 2 options, to die or to be bought by another big fish.
It could be a really interesting investing...

I guess you like losing your money. Yes, buy Nokia.

In situations like this, where a company is likely to either go bankrupt (in which case the share price would go to zero) or bought out (in which case the share price would go up significantly), a good way to play it is to set up straddles- that is, buy a call and a put both at the same strike price. I have some January 2013 straddles set up at a strike price of $1.50, and calls and puts for NOK are priced now such that it's virtually guaranteed that the straddle will make money before expiration. There is very little chance in my mind that NOK will be priced much near $1.50-$2 toward the end of the year- the current share price is temporary and will be either significantly higher or lower by the end of the year. Also, gold and silver have both been forming descending wedges over the past few months and look ready to breakout soon- straddles are ideal for profiting from this situation as well.

Are they still teaming up with Microsoft ? Also have they incorporated Android yet into their phones?

RIM and NOKIA both have parts and peices worth a bundle. As full units they are crap. One of the two or both will be broken apart but if Samsung could come out of the shadows with a superior product then why cant Nokia? They just keep goofing around doing shit the consumer market does not want. I am not a stock guy but I am a social observer.

Buy low sell high. Nokia has no baggage and no handcuffs on it I would put more faith in it then RIM.

No. Way better places to put cash.

Eh, I'm not putting my money there.

just took a look at S
kicking ass ever since they signed up to sell iphones. Also remember S has iphone 5 first sale rights. Ill be getting in on it as soon as I can spare some cash. Play it through the holidays.

If you could buy stocks in samsung..that would be the shit.

Samsunng stated a record 4.5 billion in their second quarter. mainly due to smartphones.

I am the cock carousel

I love Nokia...Haha .

NOK gained over 20% in the last week.

15k of S @ 5.10 this morning. Lets see what happens tomorrow with iphone 5 release. Either going home and banging a 10 or going to the joint and bending over.

Quote: (07-24-2012 10:05 PM)kosko Wrote:  

Are they still teaming up with Microsoft ? Also have they incorporated Android yet into their phones?

RIM and NOKIA both have parts and peices worth a bundle. As full units they are crap. One of the two or both will be broken apart but if Samsung could come out of the shadows with a superior product then why cant Nokia? They just keep goofing around doing shit the consumer market does not want. I am not a stock guy but I am a social observer.

Buy low sell high. Nokia has no baggage and no handcuffs on it I would put more faith in it then RIM.

Nokia makes some of the best hardware in the industry, they juts continue to pick the wrong horse in the OS race. First symbian and now microsoft are not going to help them sell phones.

Windows Phones suck balls. I can't stand their OS. As much as I like the look and style of Nokia
I think their phones are cheap and flimsy. I've owned 4 of them and destroyed every single one.

Team Nachos

iphone 5 turning out to be a dud

Quote: (09-12-2012 01:08 PM)chyamor Wrote:  

The big selling point for me would have been a much larger screen. It's only slightly bigger than my 4s. I'll wait.

Funny thing ...I usually update and sell my old phone to cover the cost and break even.

Team Nachos

Quote: (09-12-2012 01:13 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

The big selling point for me would have been a much larger screen. It's only slightly bigger than my 4s. I'll wait.

Funny thing ...I usually update and sell my old phone to cover the cost and break even.
Tell me more about the iphone 5 do I want one?

Have to admit the iPhone 5 announcement is underwhelming, everything about it has been leaked, there were no real surprises. Not sure I want to really move from iOS to Android or Windows Phone, however. So I will probably end up getting it. I hope Apple is not relying on inertia and inevitability, because the innovation seems to be lacking. I keep thinking whether this is what Jobs pushed for or is this the result of decline. Time will tell.

EM: if you have an iPhone 4, then probably worth it (that's what I have). iPhone 4S I would not upgrade. Anything less than iPhone 4, def. upgrade.

Quote: (09-12-2012 01:15 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Quote: (09-12-2012 01:13 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

Tell me more about the iphone 5 do I want one?

Check out the Keynote speech

You can sell your 4s for like $400 and upgrade to the 5 for $300 and change. That's what I usually do at upgrade time.

Team Nachos

No sound on that video parlay, so it's bigger? I don't like that..

Quote: (09-12-2012 01:46 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Bigger so you get one extra row of icons, faster, LTE (so faster downloads), different charging connector, thinner, lighter.

Quote: (09-12-2012 02:01 PM)Menace Wrote:  

Bigger so you get one extra row of icons, faster, LTE (so faster downloads), different charging connector, thinner, lighter.
So I need one right? Can you buy an unlocked one/world phone?

Quote: (09-12-2012 02:04 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

You can do a software unlock with untrasnow after you jailbreak it.
There's places online that will do a true unlock using your IMEI number and
generate an unlock code for you same as you would get from your carrier.
My friend did it for $25. That kind of unlock never changes even after updates.

Here's a link from the Apple site.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/#video

Team Nachos

Looks good I'd say go for it... If I can get a decent amount for my unlocked 4S I'm upgrading.

You can get the unlocked version but last time it launched a month after the carrier versions so it might mean a longer wait. We'll see when preorders open on Friday.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Quote: (09-12-2012 02:09 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

You can do a software unlock with untrasnow after you jailbreak it.
There's places online that will do a true unlock using your IMEI number and
generate an unlock code for you same as you would get from your carrier.
My friend did it for $25. That kind of unlock never changes even after updates.

Here's a link from the Apple site.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/#video

So if I get the iphone 5 on Verizon, I can jailbreak and then unlock it so that I can pop in a sim card from any country?

I'm going to start a thread..