rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Help me decide where to go Next

After getting back from Dominican Republic, I am looking on where to go in Jan or Feb, probably 2 weeks.

I want to go to one spot and not move around (I like to kick it and play the high post when I travel, and not jump around like House of Pain). Rolling Dolo.

Here is my radar screen:

Panama City, Panama (Been to Panama before, never Panama city).

Mendoza, Argentina (Been to Buenos before, so leaning a little away from Argentina, but if you think I am missing out I will roll).

Cordoba, Argentina

Cartagena, Colombia

Barranquilla, Colombia

Montevideo, Uruguay (I would package Punta with this).

Priorities would be beach, chill, good solid late nightlife, smoking in bars, beauty, cheap cost (Lumiere got me sold on this), and of course most importantly dopeness of girls and ease of swoop.

Let me know what you guys think?

And if you think I should go somewhere else?

And let me know if you know a good hotel or apartment in the spots.

Gracias.

from looking at that list id prob wanna hit up cartagena.

Quote: (12-22-2009 02:22 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

After getting back from Dominican Republic, I am looking on where to go in Jan or Feb, probably 2 weeks.

I want to go to one spot and not move around (I like to kick it and play the high post when I travel, and not jump around like House of Pain). Rolling Dolo.

Here is my radar screen:

Panama City, Panama (Been to Panama before, never Panama city).

Mendoza, Argentina (Been to Buenos before, so leaning a little away from Argentina, but if you think I am missing out I will roll).

Cordoba, Argentina

Cartagena, Colombia

Barranquilla, Colombia

Montevideo, Uruguay (I would package Punta with this).

Priorities would be beach, chill, good solid late nightlife, smoking in bars, beauty, cheap cost (Lumiere got me sold on this), and of course most importantly dopeness of girls and ease of swoop.

Let me know what you guys think?

And if you think I should go somewhere else?

And let me know if you know a good hotel or apartment in the spots.

Gracias.

G, if you can live without the beach I'd definitely hit Cordoba - it's a winner in all the other categories. Insane nightlife, damn cheap, and fly chicks who are probably the most friendly in Argentina. But, of course, Roosh has already written extensively on this.

As for the Colombian beach towns, I wouldn't really suggest. To me Cartagena has kind of a weird vibe to it. Got the impression most of the girls were prostitutes. Also there is a huge percentage of afro-girls (not a bad thing per se..) compared to Medellin and Bogota.
I just drove through Baranquilla, but I guess it's the same story. Just less scenery and more industry. Like Cartagena, I'd imagine that nothing's really going on except in the weekend.
As for Santa Marta it's the same kinda story. Nothing of real interest unless you're into dirt cheap coke.

Barranquilla, Colombia is not worth visiting outside of carnaval.

I was there for Carnaval. It was fun but otherwise its just a big, dirty working city.

Never been to Panama City

Mendoza. Never been but I hear its nice if you like wineries.

Cordoba, Argentina. Ticks everything on the list apart from beach.

Cartagena is nice but two weeks is way too long and I did not like the nightlife.

Montevideo / Punta. I was in both places this week. I was only in Monetevideo for 2 days and I got laid. Based on my experience from a previous trip though, Uruguayan girls are not as friendly as Argie girls. Punta is just full of Argentinian tourists. It will be rocking in Jan and Feb though. Probably easy to get laid bearing in mind most of the girls you meet will be on holiday. Surprisingly limited choice of nightlife venues and pricey though.

Based on that list I would go for Cordoba.

beebopaloo,

"G, if you can live without the beach I'd definitely hit Cordoba - it's a winner in all the other categories. Insane nightlife, damn cheap, and fly chicks who are probably the most friendly in Argentina."

Thanks for the feed back. Yeah, beach isn't a necessity.

Lumiere,

"Based on my experience from a previous trip though, Uruguayan girls are not as friendly as Argie girls."

In what way? Harder to open? Less receptive to approaches?

"Cartagena is nice but two weeks is way too long and I did not like the nightlife."

Porque? Is it nothing like Sosua, Cabarete?

Basically both of you said Cordoba, so I am leaning that way.

Based on my criteria (since I took out beach) how would you rate Cordoba compared to:

Bogota?
Medellin?

Montevideo/Punta and Panama city seem like your best bets. But Uruguay is pretty far and expensive to get to so would it really be worth it for a 2 week vacation?

I have not been to either of these places but it sounds like they would fit your description.

- Isla Margarita, Venezuela http://wikitravel.org/en/Margarita_Island
- San Andres, Colombia http://gosouthamerica.about.com/od/colre...Andres.htm
-Mancora, Peru http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%A1ncora http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1003023/
- Panama City, Panama (heard amazing things)

Definitelly skip Cartagena and Barranquilla.

jmb,

Now you are talking. Great ideas. I haven't even considered these.

Anyone been to:

- Isla Margarita, Venezuela http://wikitravel.org/en/Margarita_Island
- San Andres, Colombia http://gosouthamerica.about.com/od/colre...Andres.htm
-Mancora, Peru http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%A1ncora http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1003023/

Quote: (12-22-2009 12:08 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

"Based on my experience from a previous trip though, Uruguayan girls are not as friendly as Argie girls."

In what way? Harder to open? Less receptive to approaches?

Argentinian women don't have bitch shields on the whole. Uruguayan women do generally speaking (the one I laid this week didn't but maybe she is an exception.

Quote: (12-22-2009 02:00 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

jmb,

Now you are talking. Great ideas. I haven't even considered these.

You should add Florianapolis to your radar too.

Jan and Feb will be rocking and I know some people there I can put you in touch with for wingmen / free place to stay.

What up Top Shotta?

I notice you didn't have Brazil on the list...? Maybe you've already been, I'm planning on going, and outside of Columbia this seems like the spot in South America. I guess things are a lot more expensive here as Brazil has one of the best economies in Latin America, but beaches, ass, partying, etc. I'm hoping it lives up at least a little bit to the hype! As was previously mentioned, I've done some research and lsla Margarita in Venezuela and San Andreas Columbia sound real dope, Margarita sounds more like partying and hot women, San Andreas more like chill vibes, ganja, and rastas as supposedly it is closer to Jamaica than Columbia. I've been to Central America twice, never to Panama, but I didn't find the women too attractive (except for Costa Rica), also cities in Central America seem to be filled with sketchy crack heads and the occasional MS-13 esque psychopaths.

I think you should go to Panama City.

In 1997 I went to Panama and stayed at some surf camp hippie communes along the Pacific coast in a town called Cambutal. Me and the hippies did go out a few nights in Panama City. It was fantastic.

Here's a list of good reasons to go to Panama City:

1) Bars were open late - maybe 6 am if memory serves.

2) They take US dollars everywhere, but things are so much cheaper.

3) Beaches weren't crowded, and waves were amazing. It was mostly beach break but left and rights. The beaches were really clean and sandy, not too rocky. The water was really clean, too.

4) The beaches were covered with girls.

5) You can stay here: The Bristol. It's managed by the same folks that run The Kahala.

6) I'm sure you can talk the people selling this 20 Acres way down, and open Thegmanifesto.com Resort and Spa. (Also a good beach link)

7) Later in life I went through the canal a few times. I never left the ship but the scenery was downright gorgeous.

After I think for a while, I'll probably be able to come up with more positive things to say about Panama City.

Aloha!

G, My wealthy Venezuelan freind says the "rich" Venezuelan people go to "Isla Margarita" for vacation.....it seems like a good fit for you. Not sure about logistics like ATM Machines and Credit cards tho.....i heard that was an issue there???

OGNorCal707

"I notice you didn't have Brazil on the list...?"

No brazil on this one.

Kona,

That sounds dope. Break down the girl situation a little. Fly? Ease of use? How long where you there? I heard there has been mad investment in the place. I wonder if it is still well priced?

Gio,

"G, My wealthy Venezuelan freind says the "rich" Venezuelan people go to "Isla Margarita" for vacation.....it seems like a good fit for you. Not sure about logistics like ATM Machines and Credit cards tho.....i heard that was an issue there???"

See if you can get more info.

I will bring mad CASH so no sweat on the atms.

Also:

Is Cartagena, Colombia really that much of an airball?

Quote: (12-22-2009 06:08 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

That sounds dope. Break down the girl situation a little. Fly? Ease of use? How long where you there? I heard there has been mad investment in the place. I wonder if it is still well priced?

Panamanian girls are fantastic. Here's one:
[Image: sex-in-panama.jpg]

I know some Hawaii-based Panama girls that are absolute sweethearts. Their a little dramatic, but who isn't. I was recently messing with an Argentine girl, I found her very similar to Panama chicks I had swooped in the past. The ones I know are a little lighter complected, like the ones I saw there.

I was there maybe 3 weeks and stayed primarily in the surf towns. One thing I just read, and know I saw, Is that the roads are best of anywhere south of California. Maybe that's the investment at work. I went through the canal in '01 and '05. The second time through it was modern as hell.

Regarding Margarita Island I was there in August for 2 days. The government had recently cracked down on that place. All of the bars closed at 8 p.m. and the rumor amongst bartenders was they were about to be put under some type of prohibition. Check that out before buying tickets.

Aloha!

Quote: (12-22-2009 05:59 AM)beebopaloo Wrote:  

G, if you can live without the beach I'd definitely hit Cordoba - it's a winner in all the other categories. Insane nightlife, damn cheap, and fly chicks who are probably the most friendly in Argentina.

I second Cordoba. Right on point about the nightlife, low cost, and hot girls. Plus less pollution, traffic, & crime than BA and other big cities.

I would also recommend Medellin. Similar to cordoba in terms of nightlife, costs, and girls. But Medellin has great weather year-round. Cordoba is best in Jan/Feb.

Kona,

"I was there maybe 3 weeks and stayed primarily in the surf towns."

That's what I did. How is safety factor in Panama City? Ease of swoop?

Partytime,

Which would you pick between the two, Medellin or Cordoba?

Quote: (12-23-2009 12:33 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Which would you pick between the two, Medellin or Cordoba?

Great question. I had an AWESOME time in both cities, so its a tough call. I'll give you the facts and let you decide:

In Cordoba, English is more widely spoken than Medellin (at least by the youth). You have more status as an American in Cordoba. You have status in Medellin, but that status has ben tarnished by all the lame sex tourists that go there for the p4p scene. A lot of people in medellin have an image of Americans as sex tourists. But its not hard to separate yourself from this stereotype if you have game and a good vibe.

Both towns were cheap, but Cordoba was definitely cheaper, and since the time I was at each, the dollar has gotten stronger against the Argentine peso, and weaker against the Colombian peso, so Cordoba should be even cheaper now.

Cordoba is a college town with a much younger population. When you go out, all you see is young girls, and Argentine girls tend to look even younger than they really are. Medellin is a bit older on average, but not overly. Food was better in Cordoba.

Nightlife is awesome in both towns, but again Cordoba wins. One note on night life, The last time I was there, the month was January, and in Dec/Jan the universities are on summer break so a lot of the clubs were closed. Even so the night life ROCKED. In Feb, the universities are open again, and night life is back in full affect.

The girls in cordoba are generally lighter skinned. Medellin a little darker skinned. (But there is a good amount of variation in both)

The people were friendly in both cities.

The weather in medellin is AMAZING. The average temperature for EVERY month of the year is 72 degrees, and only deviates by 1 degree (seriously, look this up). No AC or heat is needed. We had the sliding glass door of our large balcony open all day and all night. The views in Medellin are fantastic with lush green mountains all around you.

As I re-read what i wrote above, I'm making Cordoba sound much better than Medellin. Although Cordoba wins out when comparing the different aspects, a lot of times the difference is not that big. Both cities are GREAT!

G, I gotta a question for you.

I've been reading up on your "high end suit game". I dress pretty well, but not suits, designer jeans and nice shirts. As I get older, I can see myself upgrading to the suit game in the future.

But my question is how would you approach a college town like Cordoba? I cant see the high end suits really working in a young town like that? And what about beach bars and other casual spots? I cant really see the suits working there either.

Quote: (12-24-2009 01:24 AM)PartyTime Wrote:  

I've been reading up on your "high end suit game". I dress pretty well, but not suits, designer jeans and nice shirts. As I get older, I can see myself upgrading to the suit game in the future.

But my question is how would you approach a college town like Cordoba? I cant see the high end suits really working in a young town like that? And what about beach bars and other casual spots? I cant really see the suits working there either.

I'm doing pretty much the same, trying to dress sharp and sport the suit every occasion I can. What I'd like to ask here is about dressing up Medellín. What's the scene there among locals and how would you dress up to support your game and gringo-looks (blonde hair, blue eyes, 6 foot tall)? Or if you dress in a nice button-down shirt does it make you a target on the streets? [Image: undecided.gif]

I don't think you'll be impressed with Margarita. I wasn't.

Cordoba or Punta

Quote: (12-24-2009 01:24 AM)PartyTime Wrote:  

Partytime, that is a great question. I think I have written on this here: http://www.thegmanifesto.com/2006/05/for...style.html

As far as Cordoba, I have never been so I am not sure.

With young girls suits aren't by themselves necessarily a huge advantage. I wear them though because I just think that's how men with style and taste are supposed to dress.

In the Dominican Republic, I packed no suits. (First time in a long time). I went mostly "Resort Steez".

As far as beaches in general, it really depends on the beach. Miami Beach I rock suits.

This was a little rambling, but I hope it helped.

doriangray,

Good question. Roosh? Lumiere?

Roosh,

Thanks. What's your thoughts on Montevideo?

Montevideo is like a seedier version of Buenos Aires. Lots of alternative kids hanging around drinking mate. I don't recommend it.

" Montevideo is like a seedier version of Buenos Aires. Lots of alternative kids hanging around drinking mate. I don't recommend it. "

How are the beaches in the city?

Montevideo is cool. I was there a week and a half ago for two days and I already posted my lay report.

It's basically a quieter, more chill version of Buenos Aires. I wouldn't call it seedy.

The first time I went was for the weekend about 18 months ago and I hit the clubs. Busy night-life but I was not used to bitch shields I was getting from the chicks due to not having that issue in Buenos Aires.

Maybe I picked the wrong club on the wrong night, I dunno.

Second time I went was mid-week about 10 days ago and had a blast but I had local contacts and info as for where to go party mid-week.

What about Tokyo?