rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Best Work Wisdom Quotes The You Have Heard

The best one I ever heard was when I was a kid working construction by this G Construction guy that took me under his wing.

It was:

"Do you know when you have learned how to master digging a ditch? When you get someone else to do it for you."

WestCoast dropped a gem here:

Quote: (07-23-2012 06:26 PM)WestCoast Wrote:  

Yeah fair enough this reminds me of of one ofthe best quotes I got when I used to grind for no reason

"are you smart or hard working? You can't be both"

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-14538-...#pid241298

Which ones have you guys heard that you liked the most?

"The reward for working hard is more hard work."

From a law blog:

Quote:Quote:

I often hear lawyers recite an observation about making partner at a large law firm that goes something like this:

Making partner is like winning a pie-eating contest in which the prize for winning is more pie.

The point is that associates have to work long and difficult hours to make partner-- and if they make it, they are rewarded with a job in which they are expected to continue to work long and difficult hours.

This one rings true for me:

Nobody on their deathbed ever looks back and says "Damn, I wish I'd worked more"

(I think there's alot of truth in it i.e. the moments we feel really alive usually come from elsewhere in our lives, not work. HOWEVER I think if you can really find/create meaningful or joyous work, you can have those moments in your work. And even if not, you still have to work to survive, just like you have to eat and sleep. But I think it's good to remember that unless your work is mega-fulfilling, you're probably gonna look back and wish you'd had more of those truly peak experiences you get from other things).

From my former boss:

The more you know, the worse it gets.

Never underestimate the stupidity of others.

Never make a decision when you’re angry. Never make a promise when you’re happy.

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and then rest afterward."
-Spanish proverb

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

My first day working in a real garage at about 14 my boss had a talk with me.

"Don't complain about anything you get paid to do"

"Steal from us and we'll kill you"

"We like pussy here"

"If anyone pisses you off throw them the fuck out"

That's what he said.

A gentleman doesn't worry about others not seeing his abilities, only of his lack of them.

Confucius

"I will beat your fucking head until your brains come out your ears like strawberry jelly."

"You better get hustling, buckwheat. If you don't, I'm going to toss you off the scaffolding."

There's only one thing that tastes great after a long, hot day of work. And that's pussy.

“I have a very simple rule when it comes to management: hire the best people from your competitors, pay them more than they were earning, and give them bonuses and incentives based on their performance. That’s how you build a first-class operation.”
― Donald J. Trump

If you want some PDF's on bodyweight exercise with little to no equipment, send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

If you're not part of the solution, there's a lot of money to be made by prolonging the problem.

I'm rather fond of the quote currently set as my signature.

Quote:Quote:

"I’m a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it."

- Thomas Jefferson

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

"Follow me".

By an officer in the army.

Where you lead, others will follow.

"You want something done fast? Give the job to a lazy man."

"The thing about luck is, everyone gets lucky sometimes. But most people aren't paying attention when it happens to them."

"If you faithfully work eight hours a day, then you might become a boss and get to work 12 hours a day."

work smart, not hard

For contractors and freelancers.

* Do you do good work?
* Do you deliver on time?
* Are you a likeable person?

If you can tick any two of those three boxes, people will accept the rest. You'll still get hired over and over again.

I'm paraphrasing from a video posted a few months back here on RVF.

Jazz musician Charlie Parker - "Master your instrument, master the music & then forget all that & just play.", which I think is also a good Game and work advice.

Check out my thread Essential android tools for modern players and alphas to find out how to make your android phone your wingman, or click here and scroll down if you only need to root it.

Want sound that puts iPods and iPhones to shame? I got you covered!

"In order to have, first you must be." - Dad

"Never do yourself what you can pay others to do"-Laws of Power.

Case in point for that second one: I'm having employees stay late and come early to prep for this big party tonight. It's on the hotel's labor budget which they never look at anyway. It gives me more free time to fuck around on the RVF boards [Image: biggrin.gif]

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

"Work to live, don't live to work."

--Anon.

By the way, to all you young men reading:

Do not, do NOT go into the legal profession if you appreciate posts #3, 4, 7, and 22.

"One good idea is worth a thousand hours of busywork."

Hitler.

Quote: (08-17-2012 04:45 PM)Phil Wrote:  

By the way, to all you young men reading:

Do not, do NOT go into the legal profession if you appreciate posts #3, 4, 7, and 22.

Same can be said about Finance...