rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Guy pretends to be actor to fuck girls in Europe

Americans are shooting a movie called The Laws Of Attraction. For a European montage through many cities, they "stay in character" on unsuspecting girls who are not actually hired. So the guy does fuck the girls while saying he's someone he's not. They film it all, get the girls to sign waivers, and it makes the movie. You can tell that having a camera crew tended to attract hot girls who probably wanted to be on film. The talent was very high.

He obviously had some connections to get into model parties and to party with Oakenfold (it was shot in 2002), but I can see this working even if we do it now because of the growing reality TV culture where everyone wants to be famous. We saw a bit of this in action recently with the Travel Bum guy.

Okay so I will be shooting a movie about Poland. Who wants to be my camera crew?

More on the clip:

Quote:Quote:

For this sequence, from The Rules of Attraction (2002), I directed Kip Pardue to remain in character as the vacant, vapid, and self-absorbed Victor from the moment we stepped onto the plane to Europe until the moment we returned to Los Angeles. A blinding twelve cities in two weeks shooting every possible moment on a Sony PD-150. It was an endurance test. I told Kip that I would have 24/7 access -- no matter how intimate the situation. With no script, and the loosest of plans, I tracked Victor as he partied across Europe in the shell-shocked weeks following 9/11. We would be raving with Paul Oakenfold one day in Dublin, and then at a Ford model party in Paris the next. Five minutes into a conversation with, say, an heiress or a model, I would stop shooting, explain who we were, that Victor was actually the actor Kip Pardue, and that we were shooting a scene for my latest film, The Rules of Attraction. Our only other crew member, Academy Award™-winning Producer Greg Shapiro, would then step forward and get them to sign a waiver, and then Victor would proceed to dawn. I didn't sleep more than a few hours those two weeks. Months later, Kip would receive calls from the various girls Victor had hooked up with who were confused as to what was real and what wasn't. Who were we? Where is Victor? I cut the 70 hours of footage down to these 4 minutes which I cut into the film. Years later I decided to form the unused footage into a musical tone-film of all it's own: Glitterati.

Note: I am the director of this film, The Rules of Attraction (2002), and this clip is fair use under U.S. copyright law because it is (1) non-commercial, (2) transformative in nature, (3) uses no more of the original work than necessary for the video's purpose, and (4) does not compete with the original work and could have no negative affect on it's market.

A bit confused here. This 4 minute vid is part of the movie or shot afterwards/before?

I'm downloading "The Rules of Attraction" right now.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

Brb, becoming a professional camera man. That is perhaps the greatest little flick I've ever seen. Reminds me a bit of that clip of the guy who goes to a shopping centre with a posse of security and pretends to be a famous actor.

Quote: (07-22-2012 08:55 AM)Neil Skywalker Wrote:  

A bit confused here. This 4 minute vid is part of the movie or shot afterwards/before?

It became a scene in the movie, though the girls in it are not hired actresses.

With people going to great lengths to fake masters degree's to get into high paying jobs, something like this shouldn't be too hard to pull off.

Quote: (07-22-2012 09:07 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

Quote: (07-22-2012 08:55 AM)Neil Skywalker Wrote:  

It became a scene in the movie, though the girls in it are not hired actresses.

It actually became a full movie.

But has only been shown for private screenings.

It will never see the light of day for legal reasons.

The part they used for The Rules of Attraction contained this epic Easton Ellis flow, (I have posted on there before):

Quote:Quote:

Took a charter flight on a DC-10 to London. Landed at Heathrow. Took a cab to the city center. Don't let people lie to you: hostels are for the ugly. I'm staying in Home House, the most beautiful hotel in the world. Called a friend from school who was selling hash, but she wasn't in. Met a couple of Brits who take me to, of all places, Camden Street. I flirt a bit at the Virgin Megastore, buy some CDs, then follow some girls with pink hair. I wandered around trying to get laid, until it started to rain, then went back to Home House. Ministry of Sound is dead, so I go to Remform - but it's Gay Night. I find the one hetero girl in the place and we dry hump on the dance floor. We cab it back to Home House. I strip her clothes off, suck her toes, and we fuck. I hung out for four or five days. Met the world's biggest DJ, Paul Oakenfold. Kept missing the Changing of the Guards. Wrote my mom a postcard I never sent. Bought some speed from an Italian junkie who was trying to sell me a stolen bike. Smoked a lot of hash that had too much tobacco in it.

If you want to read the whole thing:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0292644/quotes

The beauty of this piece is it is so relatable for someone who has partied through Europe.

If I hadn't already scheduled my 6 weeks of vacation for this year. I'd be all over this like white on rice.

Note to self; always get refundable tickets.

Quote: (07-22-2012 08:42 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

Okay so I will be shooting a movie about Poland. Who wants to be my camera crew?

I'm moving to Poland in October. Let's do it!

You can tell that having a camera crew tended to attract hot girls who probably wanted to be on film. The talent was very high.

...but I can see this working even if we do it now because of the growing reality TV culture where everyone wants to be famous.

I am interested on how this works out.

Mixx had a big thread on it where he dropped a lot of scratch and said it was mostly an airball.

Mixx said it cost too much money, but then again I remember he wanted to do it professional with a profit motive in the end.

I'm watching this movie now. About 30 minutes in, pretty weird movie so far.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

Just finished watching it. Too weird for my liking and too much homo erotic stuff going on. Wouldn't recommend it.

Quote: (07-22-2012 11:59 AM)Smitty Wrote:  

I'm moving to Poland in October. Let's do it!

Haha, I might be moving there too. We should get a big team going (lighting, camera, microphone, still photos) lol

Quote: (07-22-2012 02:27 PM)Neil Skywalker Wrote:  

Just finished watching it. Too weird for my liking and too much homo erotic stuff going on. Wouldn't recommend it.

By far the best part of the movie is the clip Roosh posted.

I think tried to read the book once, and had to toss it.

Or maybe it was The Informers.

I was like 50 pages into it and I couldn't tell if the narrator was a girl or a guy.

It freaked me out and I chucked it off the balcony.

Quote: (07-22-2012 03:52 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

I was like 50 pages into it and I couldn't tell if the narrator was a girl or a guy.

I was thinking the same thing. That short vid is the coolest part of the movie and has actually nothing to do with the rest. The movie still sucks balls. I couldn't wait for it to finish.

I actually saw this movie when it came out in the movie theaters.(shit it's been 10 years already) in a multiplex in Manhattan not those bullshit little art house theaters. I saw it cuz my boy at the time had a weird homo erotic crush on James Van Der Beek.

The reason why they were able to get into those model parties is because this is a bone fide Hollywood movie( Distributed by Lions Gate). This is going to very hard for a civilian to pull off without studio connections and juice. Plus like Mixx said its very expensive unless you have a deep pocketed Rabbi paying your way. This is not the same thing as what Travel Bum does which makes him the even more impressive. I would be banging models too if I was a director at Warner Brothers even if I was stuck in their Indie film subsidiary.

I've only read the book, which is a favorite (along with other Ellis novels)

Roosh I'm not sure what your budget is. If you wanna shoot a movie L.A. is the place to be to make connections. For something small time, but still professionally done, it can be done for 10-30k. I know quite a few people in the biz but they're all very highly paid. If you want to sell something, a script, or an idea, or look for production and investment, I can talk to my neighbor who works for Discovery Channel. He's one of the better editors in the city and has great connects. It's more about what you wanna do though...if this is just a ploy to bang chicks all you need is some used equipment and a schtick.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

brb getting a crew of Rooshmen and some cameras and flying to European shitholes. We celebrities now.

Quote: (07-22-2012 04:53 PM)thedude3737 Wrote:  

Roosh I'm not sure what your budget is. If you wanna shoot a movie L.A. is the place to be to make connections. For something small time, but still professionally done, it can be done for 10-30k. I know quite a few people in the biz but they're all very highly paid. If you want to sell something, a script, or an idea, or look for production and investment, I can talk to my neighbor who works for Discovery Channel. He's one of the better editors in the city and has great connects. It's more about what you wanna do though...if this is just a ploy to bang chicks all you need is some used equipment and a schtick.

I don't see why Roosh doesn't just shoot his own travel videos. He could just hire a cameraman and rent equipment pretty easily. He could then host the travel videos on his blog/website or create his own YouTube channel. It doesn't need to be a ploy at all.

The main problem, IMHO, will be logisitics: Getting girls to agree to be on video; getting bar/club owners to agree to allow you to shoot the videos in their venues; getting releases for everything. That is what is going to be the hassle, especially since it will be an "indie" venture and not some big-budget TV/movie shoot.

More more I think about it, it was The Informers, that I chucked off a balcony.

Did you ever read that one?

I really liked these three:

Less Than Zero (1985)
American Psycho (1991)
Glamorama (1998)

Glamorama was really underrated.

It basically captured what was going to happen in the future with Celebrity culture.

Ellis is a genius in that way.

Quote: (07-23-2012 11:37 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

More more I think about it, it was The Informers, that I chucked off a balcony.

Did you ever read that one?

I really liked these three:

Less Than Zero (1985)
American Psycho (1991)
Glamorama (1998)

Glamorama was really underrated.

It basically captured what was going to happen in the future with Celebrity culture.

Ellis is a genius in that way.

Interesting. I had to stop reading Glamorama after a few pages. It felt like I was reading a book narrated by Perez Hilton. And this was before there even was a Perez Hilton.

Less than Zero and American Psycho yes. Never got to Glamorama but I'll check it out. Even though they don't all take place in L.A., he manages to capture the feel of this place in the 80s and 90s perfectly.

I'm thinking about it, and just approaching a couple girls with this would probably be sufficient, "Hey girls, we're shooting for a production company based out of Los Angeles. We're wrapping up a film and need some stock footage that includes non-union extras, and you two fit the type pretty well. Would you be interested in making a small appearance in an independent film?"

Seriously just lug around a used cam you bought on amazon and a shotgun mic and have fun with it. In L.A. this wouldn't even fly because everyone knows what's up and would call you on your B.S. immediately, but i can see this being a blast elsewhere.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Quote: (07-23-2012 11:41 AM)j r Wrote:  

Interesting. I had to stop reading Glamorama after a few pages. It felt like I was reading a book narrated by Perez Hilton. And this was before there even was a Perez Hilton.

Yeah, that is the pure genius of it.

It was, much like The G Manifesto, a chance to get tomorrow's newspaper today.

Quote: (07-23-2012 11:26 AM)The Texas Prophet Wrote:  

I don't see why Roosh doesn't just shoot his own travel videos. He could just hire a cameraman and rent equipment pretty easily. He could then host the travel videos on his blog/website or create his own YouTube channel. It doesn't need to be a ploy at all.

The main problem, IMHO, will be logisitics: Getting girls to agree to be on video; getting bar/club owners to agree to allow you to shoot the videos in their venues; getting releases for everything. That is what is going to be the hassle, especially since it will be an "indie" venture and not some big-budget TV/movie shoot.

I used to a be a big fan of the travel TV series Globe Trekker. In Globe Trekker, the host, say, Megan McCormick or Ian Wright, would travel to some remote country, and the camera crew would film the host hiking, talking to locals, tasting some local food or drink, etc. What if one could do without the host?

Use ModelMayhem to recruit a local girl who 1) is very pretty, 2) speaks fluent English. Then film her walking around her hometown, showing the local attractions. Film her for hours. Then, in the end, select the best 60 minutes of all that footage, and make a short-movie out of it. Why use YouTube if one can start a website and upload the movies there? How would one monetize this? A possibility would be to allow everyone to stream a low-definition version of the movies, and charge for downloads of very high-definition versions. Ads could provide some more revenue.

Why wouldn't local girls want to be in such a movie? It could be their chance of making it to Hollywood! Or, more realistically, to gain notoriety and thus find good modeling gigs in Western Europe or the United States.

How much does a good digital camera cost? Something like the RED ONE would probably be good enough and costs less than $20,000. Roosh could do the filming. Perhaps also the editing. This could be done for very little money. The initial investment in equipment would be high, so perhaps it would be better to hire a cameraman who has his own RED camera. I know a CS dude in Los Angeles who has one.

"The great secret of happiness in love is to be glad that the other fellow married her." – H.L. Mencken

Quote: (07-22-2012 04:27 PM)Neil Skywalker Wrote:  

Quote: (07-22-2012 03:52 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

I was thinking the same thing. That short vid is the coolest part of the movie and has actually nothing to do with the rest. The movie still sucks balls. I couldn't wait for it to finish.

So there are no more scenes of banging hot girls in Europe???I saw some scenes of the movie on this same vimeo channel,but they were some gay scenes with Ian Somerhalder.How do you guys know what the people from the crew were telling the women to get the release forms and agree to be shot?

Regarding the release forms I'd suggest you look up Sasha Cohen and how he was able to get release forms from the people for Borat.