rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Effects of Dating Foreign Women

http://postmasculine.com/foreign-women

Can any of you relate?

Quote:Quote:

I began to consider what it was about my experiences with foreign women — not the particular women, but foreign women in general — that drove the changes in my experiences with American women, the ephemeral indifference that drapes each interaction, the spiritual ennui which makes connecting with them feel about as exciting as folding my laundry.

I’ve narrowed it down to three reasons: novelty, communication barriers, and cultural differences.

I see what he's saying. And if you can bang 2 dozen chicks from 2 dozen countries over the course of 2 years of being abroad, that's a very logical conclusion.

But I think if you take the variety of poon out of the picture, and say, pick the hottest, most feminine, best chick out of the last 24 you've banged - eventually those things that he values becomes the things that he hates.

Novelty will fade. Communication barriers will tax the relationship. And cute cultural differences, like say a lot of Brazilian chicks are really superstitious and very religious, become annoying and tiresome.

Maybe i'm jaded, but i'm getting to the point where a chick meeting my minimum requirement is just as impossible as meeting a chick that is perfect.

I can completely relate.

I live in London but I only go for foreign girls. I get no joy out of an interaction with an English/Australian/American girl. I feel like I turn into a robot, drop a few negs and do whatever is necessary to get a bang.

However when I speak to foreign women, I feel like the interaction is more like between two human beings. Obviously game is still involved. As opposed to having to sub-consciously tick 1000 points on a check list.

I've met girls out and would approach them thinking they were Spanish/Italian then they reply with an English accent and it's a boner killer for me.

Clearly there is some novelty in it, but it still hasn't worn off on me.

I hear what he's saying. I'm growing more and more disenchanted with American women. They are difficult to "connect" with, that's the best way I can put it. For example, I just got back from a bar downtown. Behind me were 4 tall girls, 3 of them blonde, 2 of them hot, Barbie doll looking. I turned to the one next to me and opened her. Turned out they were four girls from Sweden. They were in L.A. visiting and tomorrow was their last day. I ended up talking to the one near me for maybe half an hour. She was nothing but pleasant and sweet to talk to. This is a girl that most American guys would probably consider an 8 or 9 being that she was tall, blonde, fit and facially good looking. Now if this same chic was American, she would've had a ton of attitude from the second I stepped to her and I'd have to fight to stay in the set without her friends cock blocking. I'd have had to be on point 100% to "buy" her attention. But with this Swedish chic was, it was almost surreal that I didn't have to try and do any shit like DHV or be constantly entertaining and funny. I could just kick back and have an easy conversation with her, and she was putting in effort to keep the conversation going. The logistics wouldn't have worked to try and hook up or anything so I didn't bother trying to escalate. But I've seen this time and time again with foreign(particularly European) women. A woman that is an 8 will be a total sweetheart, while an American girl of similar magnitude will have a bitch shield from hell.

Even as a beginner I've noticed that foreign women are a lot easier to talk to and connect with. It makes me wanna leave the country after I'm done with school.

Good article. He does a good job of analyzing his feelings. I'm sure things are slightly different for different people, but I can definitely relate. In many ways, what he describes is generalizable to more than just women, for me.

Yeah, I feel the same way. Truth be told, I've ALWAYS been like that- attracted to exotic girls, always felt meh towards WASPy North American girls.

I agree that the language and culture issues can add a certain novelty and excitement to interaction with foreign women. You're curious about them, and they return that same interests. You're actually equals in a respect, each is giving as much as they're getting from the other. WestIndianArchie, I get where you're coming from if you're looking to pursue an LTR with a foreign woman, because then it can become work trying to negotiate your differences, but in terms of just traveling and meeting different women, and in fact embracing those diffferences as challenges that actually improve you in some way, I think it's great.

By the way, good to see you again Hencredible...

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Quote: (07-14-2012 05:39 AM)dk902 Wrote:  

I can completely relate.

I live in London but I only go for foreign girls. I get no joy out of an interaction with an English/Australian/American girl. I feel like I turn into a robot, drop a few negs and do whatever is necessary to get a bang.

However when I speak to foreign women, I feel like the interaction is more like between two human beings. Obviously game is still involved. As opposed to having to sub-consciously tick 1000 points on a check list.

I've met girls out and would approach them thinking they were Spanish/Italian then they reply with an English accent and it's a boner killer for me.

Clearly there is some novelty in it, but it still hasn't worn off on me.

Jesus fucking Christ, that's exactly how I feel.

I just got back from a 2 week stay in Italy, and I have to say the communication barrier made things a lot of fun. I used hand signals, miming, spanish and french to get my stuff across, and the girls thought it was funny too. It was like one big game.

I wouldn't see the language barrier as something bad. It'll make you seem a bit mysterious surely?

Quote: (07-14-2012 06:10 PM)esperar Wrote:  

I wouldn't see the language barrier as something bad. It'll make you seem a bit mysterious surely?

I don't mind it at all. Makes things fun, sometimes funny, more of a challenge(in a good way), you learn about another culture, and most importantly, if you fuck up or say something stupid, the girl just assumes it's a lost in translation moment. Forces you to rely on more than just verbal communication and would help you develop other types like dance and kino.

I love talking to girls that have poor-intermediate English skills. And if you meet them on American social, it makes them a bit more insecure and keeps them off balance. They feel inadequate for not knowing English well.

Quote: (07-14-2012 11:00 AM)ccurtis189 Wrote:  

Even as a beginner I've noticed that foreign women are a lot easier to talk to and connect with. It makes me wanna leave the country after I'm done with school.

Don't wait until after school to go overseas, study abroad. I go to military school which is bad enough for girls, but I am studying abroad in Germany next year from January to May and then I might stay in Germany for another three months if I can get a job and stay.

Wald

Quote: (07-14-2012 06:38 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Quote: (07-14-2012 06:10 PM)esperar Wrote:  

I don't mind it at all. Makes things fun, sometimes funny, more of a challenge(in a good way), you learn about another culture, and most importantly, if you fuck up or say something stupid, the girl just assumes it's a lost in translation moment. Forces you to rely on more than just verbal communication and would help you develop other types like dance and kino.

I love talking to girls that have poor-intermediate English skills. And if you meet them on American social, it makes them a bit more insecure and keeps them off balance. They feel inadequate for not knowing English well.

Perfect.