rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Katie Holmes is now a feminist Hero

I just read this on yahoo news.

http://news.yahoo.com/why-leaving-tom-cr...-hero.html

Katie Holmes is a feminist hero because she left Tom Cruise because...wait for it...he was "abusive and controlling" (read - religious abuse).

Thoughts?

Wald

Damnit! I just saw this and wanted to post in on the RVF.

I almost threw up in my mouth when I saw the headline.

'Gross fame and age asymmetry' 'Squeamish making differences'

Why isn't this posted in opinion?

How to be a hero of feminism

- Get pregnant by an Alpha Male many years your senior.
- Leave him when 'The Wall' approaches.

This is why feminism is only a temporary blight on humankind. by nature of its antinomianism, eventually its values will correspond to the opposite of what they were originally.

I just think it's good that she got away from that psycho.

Quote: (07-13-2012 10:12 AM)ccurtis189 Wrote:  

I just think it's good that as got away from that psycho.

Good became Katie Holmes left Tom Cruise or vice versa?

Wald

Quote: (07-13-2012 10:18 AM)Walderschmidt Wrote:  

Good became Katie Holmes left Tom Cruise or vice versa?

Wald

Good that Katie left Tom. As much as you guys may not like her I think Tom is fucking nuts.

I can't comprehend why celebrities get married even though I don't know much about them. Overall I think 99% of them are retards

Attention and money Mech. That's what all their purposes to do anything boils down to.

When I think of a feminist hero, I think of a woman with a spray can titled "Penis Repellant" and a cape.

Nope.

This isn't the only article about these two like this. I was noticing the rumblings of stuff like this right after "the news" of the split broke. This is more of the same: bitches wanting to win, and feminism just being an institutionalized version of women's natural impulse to try to win a dispute, at any cost, and no matter how petty. You see this played out anywhere from the pages of People magazine to Facebook. Feminism is the name for an endless war against men, like the "War on Terror." Any little thing is a "victory," any little "killing of an operative" is newsworthy. Empty you-go-girl cheerleading without a cause. The husband (or boyfriend) is always wrong, and must have been "abusive" or a "douchebag." They'll grope around until they find a type of "abuse"; in this case, "religious abuse," but it could be anything. "Now, guess what, ex-husband, look at what you'll be missing." [cue "hot" pictures of aging woman or, in non-celebrity cases, a litany of her "great qualities."]

It should therefore come as no surprise that there are Katie Holmes spreads--of her less-attractive-than-it-used-to-be body--all over magazines and the Internet suddenly.

Women can be so predictable.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

I don't know much about what is going on, but Scientology is a fucked up "religion". Apparently, people from Scientology have been stalking Kate since the breakup. They will probably never leave her alone. Although, she has money, so the cops may actually do something about it.

Tom may not have been abusive, but Scientology certainly is. Tom certainly used the "church" to control her (e.g. wouldn't let her have an epidural during childbirth). Take that for what it's worth.

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

Quote: (07-13-2012 12:20 PM)teh_skeeze Wrote:  

I don't know much about what is going on, but Scientology is a fucked up "religion". Apparently, people from Scientology have been stalking Kate since the breakup. They will probably never leave her alone. Although, she has money, so the cops may actually do something about it.

Tom may not have been abusive, but Scientology certainly is. Tom certainly used the "church" to control her (e.g. wouldn't let her have an epidural during childbirth). Take that for what it's worth.

The problem is with the word "abusive." That's a loaded term that has heavy gendered implications. You can call Scientology crazy, manipulative, or whatever else, but be careful with "abusive." Words have meaning, and language is powerful.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

I'm not fan of Tom Cruise and I dislike Scientology, which I do think is a cult with tendencies towards brainwashing, but these articles throw me into fits of righteous rage. Feminist hero? Lame. She fucked him, she had his child, and she lived with him for years, knowing that he was a Scientologist. Now that she decides that's not really to her liking, she is suddenly the hero of her own melodrama.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Quote: (07-13-2012 11:38 AM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

This isn't the only article about these two like this. I was noticing the rumblings of stuff like this right after "the news" of the split broke. This is more of the same: bitches wanting to win, and feminism just being an institutionalized version of women's natural impulse to try to win a dispute, at any cost, and no matter how petty. You see this played out anywhere from the pages of People magazine to Facebook. Feminism is the name for an endless war against men, like the "War on Terror." Any little thing is a "victory," any little "killing of an operative" is newsworthy. Empty you-go-girl cheerleading without a cause. The husband (or boyfriend) is always wrong, and must have been "abusive" or a "douchebag." They'll grope around until they find a type of "abuse"; in this case, "religious abuse," but it could be anything. "Now, guess what, ex-husband, look at what you'll be missing." [cue "hot" pictures of aging woman or, in non-celebrity cases, a litany of her "great qualities."]

It should therefore come as no surprise that there are Katie Holmes spreads--of her less-attractive-than-it-used-to-be body--all over magazines and the Internet suddenly.

Women can be so predictable.

Exactly, there was a time when feminism was about equal rights, but that time is gone in the West. Contemporary feminism is just the institutionalization of female mating preferences.

I get a chuckle out of chicks like this. Who Tom Cruise is and what he's about is widely known. There are NO secrets with him, mostly because of his own willingness to discuss his beliefs. She still went all in. She talked about how she had his poster on her wall as a girl, and now she's actually getting married to him! How many girls have a teen idol on their wall and dream of marrying him? For most, it's just an adolescent fantasy. She and her family are supposedly Catholic, but she submitted to the "auditing" they do for budding Scientologists. She also dispensed with Catholicism in letting him spill his seed in her and have a kid before they were married. He was already firmly in control from the moment they started seeing each other (the whole thing always felt like a PR stunt), but she still went through with it. She isn't heroic. She bit off more than she could chew, and she wanted out. I'm sure her concerns for her daughter (the one thing of value she gets from the union), are legitimate with regards to her being controlled by Scientology. But lets not make her out to be heroic. She fucked up, and did what she had to to fix it. She was willing to put all her personal beliefs aside to marry him, and I guess she knew that if she stood up to him early, she wouldn't have gotten down the aisle with him.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

You guys got noticed by the reporter of that article:

https://twitter.com/page88/status/223840903608025089

Quote: (07-13-2012 03:16 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

You guys got noticed by the reporter of that article:

https://twitter.com/page88/status/223840903608025089

That's some great free advertising right there!

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Quote: (07-13-2012 10:32 AM)el mechanico Wrote:  

I can't comprehend why celebrities get married even though I don't know much about them. Overall I think 99% of them are retards

Millions of kids have dreams of becoming a famous actor when they grow up, but to actually do it? You have to be a SERIOUS narcissist and attention whore, like clinical; its why the profession attracts so many women.

I have heard that famous people marry other famous people because other famous people are the only ones who 'get the burden of their fame' (oh, just cry me a fucking river). If I were famous I'd just hit up the universities and beaches and say 'Grab six girl friends, I'm having a party.'

Quote: (07-13-2012 09:56 PM)Nonpareil Wrote:  

Quote: (07-13-2012 10:32 AM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Millions of kids have dreams of becoming a famous actor when they grow up, but to actually do it? You have to be a SERIOUS narcissist and attention whore, like clinical; its why the profession attracts so many women.

I have heard that famous people marry other famous people because other famous people are the only ones who 'get the burden of their fame' (oh, just cry me a fucking river). If I were famous I'd just hit up the universities and beaches and say 'Grab six girl friends, I'm having a party.'

While it's in part true that famous people can only be with famous people because they understand what it's like to be famous, it's really more about access. They're only around other famous people for the most part, and people tend to date and/or marry people they have access to. It's also a way of mooching off of each other's fame. There are plenty of famous people that marry, or have been married to people that aren't famous and made it work. Sometimes it's with someone that's not famous, but connected to the business in some way (director, producer, cameraman, etc.) that they had access to. And when those famous couples divorce, it's because of the predictable reasons - work kept us apart. You'll find that with the couples that stay together, one of them puts their work aside for a while to follow the other around, or neither works, or they take something that allows them to be nearby.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

I was pleasantly surprised to see an article in the New York Times critical of her, even comparing her unfavorably with Kim Kardashian of all people.

mobile.nytimes.com/article?a=947675&single=0&f=35

Aberration or a sign of a change of heart in the media?

Probably an aberration. While the NYT is probably right in that it was a calculated move, people really don't like Scientology and think Tom Cruise is a bit wacky (even if most women would do anything to get his dick). I think the PR boom she is seeing is more dislike of Scientology than disdain for Tom Cruise. I don't think anyone in their right mind thinks that he was beating her or whatever.

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

The media's antenna was up the moment Cruise and Holmes started seeing each other. It seemed like a mismatch from jump. There's no shock that she was in over her head. Entertainment media suspects that EVERYTHING is calculated, but in this case they're right. She used the breakup as a springboard to her life post-Cruise. Because she wasn't a media whore previously, she gets benefit of the doubt that say, Kim Kardashian wouldn't.