rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Hvar, Croatia Thread

The Hvar, Croatia Thread

I've been in Hvar for a week (with a friend from DC). Preliminary thoughts:

1. Tons of British people. About 50% of people in any venue will be from England. I expected more women from Eastern Europe (Poland, at least), but this is mostly Anglo. There are no girls from the Baltics, Russia, Ukraine, Romania, etc.

2. Logistics is a bitch. You have to get creative a bit to drag girls away and bang. I've had to come up with some ridiculous excuses to separate girls from their friends. Last night it was to "look at this stars". Also if the math doesn't work out between your boys and the girls, there could be problems. Don't come to Hvar solo... it will be a drag.

3. Scumbag clubs. I'm 100% sure that one of the main clubs, Veneranda, is diluting their vodka with water. And I'm 50% sure Carpe Diem (both the bar and beach club) is doing it as well. After 2am those are the only two clubs that are open. I called out the owner of scam club Veneranda and his denial was not convincing. I'm looking at complaining to some governmental agency that handles liquor licenses.

4. Party game. In the clubs you have to roll with high energy game, like you would in a college party. That's not my forte so I've been using my comparative advantage (street game) to pull. I try to lock it up before club time starts at 2am. If you're at the club at 2am and don't have prospects from earlier, you will have to hustle. The party ends at 5am, but people start crapping out before that since many drink during the day at Hula Beach club.

5. Local girls look down on tourists. They view you as a second class citizen, and the local guys who work with them at the shops and bars have a big leg up. This is not a place to get a Croatian flag. I'm just going to bang as many British girls as I can, I guess.

So far it's fun, but I'm disappointed at the lack of Eastern Euro girls. I feel like I'm in America or England.

Rank of nationalities that are here from most to least:

1. British ( [Image: boring.gif] but also [Image: hump.gif] )
2. Norwegian (easier to get them in Oslo... huge groups here)
3. American ( [Image: fatter.gif] )
4. Canadian ( [Image: fatter.gif] )
5. Swedish (they still love Americans [Image: thumb.gif] )
6. Spanish (very nice, great accents, feminine [Image: thumb.gif] )
7. Brazilian (pleasant surprise.. [Image: kissy.gif] mostly rich girls from Sao Paulo but surprisingly no attitude )
8. Irish (too "witty" for my taste... constant need to banter... thumbs down)

The Hvar, Croatia Thread

Quote: (07-12-2012 10:13 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

There are no girls from the Baltics, Russia, Ukraine, Romania, etc.

Croatia is too much in-between for them, either they go close to home (Bulgaria or the rest of the Black Sea) or they get all the way out to the greek islands.

But yeah the girls generally go with their girl groups and hook up with guy groups, hence if you can nestle your way into some guy group.

Pro tip: Tell some Swedish dudes you are from NYC. Get a couple of beers with them and show them pics on your phone from some swanky airbnb apartment and tell them it's your manhattan pad and that they should come visit some time. Get some more beers with them. Boom, you're IN. Go out with them and pull girls over to your "gang".

Not sure how long you're staying but every group will be there for 2 weeks TOPS so you don't have to care about stepping on toes when it's time to pick your plunder.

The Hvar, Croatia Thread

Maybe you should look up Krauser. He may be in the area.

The Hvar, Croatia Thread

Surprised that there are a lot of Americans.

Students?

Guys?

Girls?

Both?

The Hvar, Croatia Thread

Americans: More guys than girls. They seem young, early 20s or so. I don't really interact with them.

Hvar is number 2 on Lonely Planet's Croatia list, so that probably explains how they know about it. For a second I thought Hvar was a semi-secret spot. [Image: icon_neutral.gif]

Hindsight tells me I should have gone to the Black Sea. Maybe next year.

The Hvar, Croatia Thread

Quote: (07-12-2012 11:38 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

Americans: More guys than girls. They seem young, early 20s or so. I don't really interact with them.

Hvar is number 2 on Lonely Planet's Croatia list, so that probably explains how they know about it. For a second I thought Hvar was a semi-secret spot. [Image: icon_neutral.gif]

Yeah.

I had no idea Americans would be there. Lonely planet sucks.

It is crazy that you will see Americans there, but if you go to some off the beaten path Spanish Beaches, you will see minimal to none.

From Lonely Planet:

Quote:Quote:

2. Hvar Town
Hvar Town is home to posh yachties and a see-and-be-seen crowd. You’ll certainly find a luxurious place to lay your head here – when you’re not out partying. But the sunniest place in the country (2724 hours a year) also holds a few surprises. Lavender plants and aromatic herbs fill the inland fields, and Jelsa is an intimate port town within easy reach of swimming coves and sandy spots.

I always get wary when they say "see-and-be-seen crowd".

Are there a lot of big yachts?

Yacht parties?

The Hvar, Croatia Thread

Are there a lot of big yachts?

Yacht parties?

Yes. The richest man in Poland, an oligarch, docked his ridiculous yacht for a day and it had a fucking helicopter on the deck. Girls were staring at it, their pussies dripping.

[Image: 1262257.jpg]

There was another nice yacht where two girls JUMPED on it from the dock because they wanted to get on so bad. It was pathetic, but confirmed what we know about Western women.

But even with the status seeking, the girls are pretty friendly. I don't get the vibe they are trying to land a big fish. It feels more like a college scene than South Beach. There are a lot of hostels here which contribute to that.

The Hvar, Croatia Thread

What type of game applies to the British girls? Similar to the American style women? And I agree with you on Irish chicks, they are flooding Southern California for some reason and last night I felt like I had to be a stand up comedian nonstop to move the conversation.

The Hvar, Croatia Thread

Quote: (07-12-2012 12:26 PM)slubu Wrote:  

What type of game applies to the British girls? Similar to the American style women? And I agree with you on Irish chicks, they are flooding Southern California for some reason and last night I felt like I had to be a stand up comedian nonstop to move the conversation.

Welcome to the world of Irish women. Nothing special to look at and non existent personalities.

Roosh, you should have gone to the big resorts in Bulgaria, Romania or Ukraine.

The Hvar, Croatia Thread

Welcome to the world of Irish women. Nothing special to look at and non existent personalities.

My worst experiences with women this week have been with Irish. Never going there.

The Hvar, Croatia Thread

Quote: (07-12-2012 12:36 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

My worst experiences with women this week have been with Irish. Never going there.
Get the flag no matter how disgusting she is or you'll regret it.

The Hvar, Croatia Thread

Quote: (07-12-2012 12:25 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

There was another nice yacht where two girls JUMPED on it from the dock because they wanted to get on so bad. It was pathetic, but confirmed what we know about Western women.

But even with the status seeking, the girls are pretty friendly. I don't get the vibe they are trying to land a big fish. It feels more like a college scene than South Beach. There are a lot of hostels here which contribute to that.

Are girls topless on the beach?

The Hvar, Croatia Thread

Yep had pretty much the same experience. Logistics were impossible and the nights dragged on forever it was hard to keep up momentum. I bagged a Norwegian and pretty much gave up after that.
Hope the British girls don't disappoint too much ; ) I have to say I did not meet any English people when I was there. Just scandies. Things change quickly.

[/quote]
[/quote]

Which is the best one to go to?
...or which is the best for spoken English?

The Hvar, Croatia Thread

Surprised the place isn't overrun with Aussies. Usually all over Hvar at this time of year

The Hvar, Croatia Thread

Are girls topless on the beach?

No.

The Hvar, Croatia Thread

Quote: (07-12-2012 01:39 PM)Richie Wrote:  

Yep had pretty much the same experience. Logistics were impossible and the nights dragged on forever it was hard to keep up momentum. I bagged a Norwegian and pretty much gave up after that.
Hope the British girls don't disappoint too much ; ) I have to say I did not meet any English people when I was there. Just scandies. Things change quickly.
[/quote]

Which is the best one to go to?
...or which is the best for spoken English?
[/quote]

Romania: Constantia
Bulgaria: Sunny Beach (near Burgas), Golden Sands (near Varna). Primorsko, Kiten, Nesebar. These three are south of Burgas and are mostly filled with Bulgarians.
Ukraine: Odessa, Kazantip, Crimean resorts like Feodosia, Yalta

The Hvar, Croatia Thread

Jeez, that sounds almost like the Zrće hyped-up sausage fest. I don't think you should have gone to Black Sea, but possibly to a smaller town along the coast that is heavily populated, but not very popular, like Makarska or Baška Voda. Anyways, you're still getting bangs and it sounds like you're having fun, so who cares? [Image: hump.gif]

I'm looking at complaining to some governmental agency that handles liquor licenses.

Each business that sells anything must have a Book of Complaints ("Knjiga žalbe") available for a guest to enter his note in if he requests it. Anything that enters Knjiga žalbe must be forwarded to the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Chamber of Commerce, although there is slim chance one of those bodies will do anything unless it's for a gross violation. But why would you want to get yourself tangled in this? We've been at it for 20 years and still haven't managed it...
http://www.inspektorat.hr/cesta-pitanja/...Bp1jAPef4w

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

The Hvar, Croatia Thread

So what is the best beach spot around here in summer?

I have heard on here Croatia is insane and Croatia sucks.

I have heard on here Montenegro is insane and Montenegro sucks.

I have heard on here Albania is insane and Albania sucks.

It seems hard to get a consensus on these countries.

The Hvar, Croatia Thread

Quote: (07-12-2012 02:28 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

So what is the best beach spot around here in summer?

I have heard on here Croatia is insane and Croatia sucks.

I have heard on here Montenegro is insane and Montenegro sucks.

I have heard on here Albania is insane and Albania sucks.

It seems hard to get a consensus on these countries.

Southeastern europe has the most mixed-bag rating of any area on RVF.

The Hvar, Croatia Thread

You have to realize that the crowd in all these places changes considerably from year to year so it is normal to get mixed reviews.For example this summer Rhodes and Kreta are full of Russians so it is heaven.Not so two years ago when they were full of English.

The Hvar, Croatia Thread

Quote: (07-12-2012 03:55 PM)Greek kamaki Wrote:  

You have to realize that the crowd in all these places changes considerably from year to year so it is normal to get mixed reviews.For example this summer Rhodes and Kreta are full of Russians so it is heaven.Not so two years ago when they were full of English.

I guess that would make sense from what we have been hearing.

Although it doesn't help much to a person trying to figure where to go next summer.

Is the place just "Russian Roulette" (so to speak)?

The Hvar, Croatia Thread

Kamaki is right. The crowd in european summer resorts is largely determined by the travel agents. They decide which resort to promote in each country, so this can change every 2 or 5 years.

Keep in mind these places are never representative of the local population. Dont judge by the reviews for summer resorts and expect to see the same stuff off-summer season.

The Hvar, Croatia Thread

Roosh, how long will you be there for? Why not cut it short and go to Greece?

The Hvar, Croatia Thread

Quote: (07-12-2012 05:50 PM)Big Nilla Wrote:  

Roosh, how long will you be there for? Why not cut it short and go to Greece?

If I remember correctly Roosh needed to visit a non Schengen country for a while, which precludes Greece. I suggested Croatia way back in that thread. Sorry to hear it hasn't panned out with lots of EE chicks Roosh. Maybe there is another town or city that you can check out that has more of them. Possibly Slovenians visit Croatian beaches in the north? Albania, Monte Negro, Bulgaria, and Romania are also new countries to visit that are out of the Schengen area. Do you simply have to get your passport stamped by a non-Schengen country or do you have to stay in one for a while?

Do you have any plans on visiting Plitvice falls?
[Image: OAVl8.jpg]

The Hvar, Croatia Thread

Quote: (07-12-2012 10:13 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

I've been in Hvar for a week (with a friend from DC). Preliminary thoughts:

1. Tons of British people. About 50% of people in any venue will be from England. I expected more women from Eastern Europe (Poland, at least), but this is mostly Anglo. There are no girls from the Baltics, Russia, Ukraine, Romania, etc.

I am surprised by this as well as last summer there were almost none. In 6 days there at the end of July met only 2-3 British girls. Mostly Norwegian, Spanish, Swedish.

Quote: (07-12-2012 12:04 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Quote: (07-12-2012 11:38 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

Yeah.

I had no idea Americans would be there. Lonely planet sucks.

It is crazy that you will see Americans there, but if you go to some off the beaten path Spanish Beaches, you will see minimal to none.

I just had this conversation with my friend who I'm going back to Hvar with in 10 days that I suspected this year is a little gamble. I've heard a lot of 'chatter' since last summer with people talking about going there this year which I wasn't happy about hearing. Didn't help the cause either when Jay-Z & Beyonce were spotted at Hula Hula last summer.

Agreed about the Spanish beaches. In Barcelona now, but just left Alicante, Altea, Calpe and Palma Mallorca. Palma is obviously not of the beaten path but didn't meet any Americans there either. American (California and LA helped even more) novelty factor was HIGH in all those places.

I know whats coming G, "Bust out a Datasheet". I should have some out next week.

Quote: (07-12-2012 02:09 PM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  

Jeez, that sounds almost like the Zrće hyped-up sausage fest. I don't think you should have gone to Black Sea, but possibly to a smaller town along the coast that is heavily populated, but not very popular, like Makarska or Baška Voda. Anyways, you're still getting bangs and it sounds like you're having fun, so who cares? [Image: hump.gif]

Agreed. Hvar is not the place for a Croatian flag at all and I am staying as far away from Zrce as possible also. I would recommend Vodice which is about an hour and a half north of Split. Spent a week there last summer pulling my flag and its all Croatians, Bosnians and Slovenians and a few Spanish. Data sheet could come out now but I am going to wait until I revisit again first week in August.

I'll break down Makarska after seeing it in a couple weeks also.

Quote: (07-12-2012 04:49 PM)the28 Wrote:  

Kamaki is right. The crowd in european summer resorts is largely determined by the travel agents. They decide which resort to promote in each country, so this can change every 2 or 5 years.

Not only does it change every 2-5 years but it changes in about two week increments in Hvar with different countries all getting shuffled in by the travel agents from their respective countries in a small time frame. This was explained to me last summer by a couple taxi drivers there. I will be in Hvar 7/23 and I hope that the Brits have left by then.

Norway week this year starts on August 1st or 2nd. I know this from a Norwegian chick I met there last summer and is going back then.