rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Your business ideas are worthless

Nothing ground breaking here just simple common sense.

Everyone has great ideas every day.

Shit I was thinking up headlights that coordinated with steering wheel position twenty years ago when I was still learning ABCs.

How about a short range transmitter on emergency vehicles that would broadcast a message over all radio frequencies informing drivers that an emergency was in progress and to get off the road instead of rocking out to Bieber? Another great idea I had before I even went through puberty.

A kitchen appliance that quickly produces single shot servings a coffee by speed boiling just enough water for one cup? I think I was working on removing the training wheels off my sweet ass huffy bicycle when that one hit me.

I have a little book of biz ideas, some phenomenal and some straight garbage.

But I haven't acted on them, so that book is worthless.

If your business idea is something that you can get up and running in a 24 hour period, everyone else can and your idea is worthless (hence my dislike for the typical 4-hour-workweed type muse).

If your idea is sitting in a book collecting dust, your idea is worthless

If your idea is a "cool" or "great" idea, but it doesn't fill a need, your idea is worthless

Don't be worthless.

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

agreed

There is a lot of that going around on the internet.

Other examples:

-Just because you made $5 last week and $10 this week, doesn't mean you're going to continue on an exponential curve until you make millions in your second year.

-Just because you have your own business, doesn't mean that you won't have to answer to anyone.

- You aren't automatically better than a person with a job working for someone else.

- 'Lifestyle design' (Or whatever it is called) is a real stupid term.

- Just because other people can do it, doesn't mean you can.

- The best one: Just because someone says something that isn't all fluffy-bunny optimistic like "YOU CAN ACHIEVE ANYTHING," doesn't mean that they are some shackled tormented imp with 'limiting beliefs' that is 'plugged into the Matrix' and needs to be rescued.

This can be applied to most aspects of life. Go on a bodybuilding forum and you'll get people who are seriously saying 'I gained 20lbs muscle in my first year. That means by the time I'm 25 I'll look like Arnold Swarzenegger without steroids!' At personal development seminars there are people who will straight-facedly say that we completely create our own reality by belief. Go to an investment seminar and people will say 'If I save 10k a year, with interest I'll be a billionaire by 50!'

It is quite a common thing for guys to come up with business ideas and discuss them with their non business owning cubicle dweller buddies.

I decided if you want to do something you should go ahead and do it then tell your friends afterwards about what you've done rather than what you're going to do.

Ideas are worthless if you lack the balls, the work ethic, and the follow through to try your best to make them happen. Period.

Nothing is guaranteed, but I'd say it's discipline and work ethic that separate the guys who make it and those who don't.

It's also a humbling experience when you have a great idea or vision and then realize that you really don't have the discipline to execute it to completion.

This has happened to me, and it sucks. I'm just happy it's been happening less and less as I get older.

I say my business idea is non-worthless because I make $1000 a week at it and I'm only 23.

Pretty sure most 23 year olds aren't even making 30k a year, I'm on track to make just under 50 in 2012 and that's ASSUMING my income doesn't go up at all (which it has been).

Quote: (07-01-2012 04:40 PM)Andy_B Wrote:  

I say my business idea is non-worthless because I make $1000 a week at it and I'm only 23.

Pretty sure most 23 year olds aren't even making 30k a year, I'm on track to make just under 50 in 2012 and that's ASSUMING my income doesn't go up at all (which it has been).

If you get on skype and figure out this deal, you'll make an extra 2-3k this month.
So hurry up and get on, because we've been waiting for your ass for a week or so. Lets get down to business.

1k profits or 1k income?

either way not bad. 50k being your own boss at 23 is solid, especially if its location independent.

I made about 70k at 23, and definitely would have traded it for 50k location independent. Its a shame I signed a contract locking me into the states for another 6 years, but its hard to turn down an easy job that pays good.

At least Ill be location independent when my contract is up.

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

Quote: (07-01-2012 10:25 AM)Neo Wrote:  

Ideas are worthless if you lack the balls, the work ethic, and the follow through to try your best to make them happen. Period.

Nothing is guaranteed, but I'd say it's discipline and work ethic that separate the guys who make it and those who don't.

It's also a humbling experience when you have a great idea or vision and then realize that you really don't have the discipline to execute it to completion.

This has happened to me, and it sucks. I'm just happy it's been happening less and less as I get older.

Bigtime. Seems like self-belief, execution and hustle are far and away the key to taking a creative idea and making it actually happen and generate profit.

I also think you're wise not to dismiss easy or simple ideas; I think the "need to be great" can be a big stumbling block - it's tripped me up enough that's for sure. Just because someone could copy your business idea easily doesnt mean anyone will. And being first in the market counts for alot, as does connecting with your core audience better than the competition, even if your product/service isnt overly differentiated. Bottom line - there's ways to smash it and carve out profits, even in crowded markets or with an average biz idea.

Obviously things are different for big corporations competing in hypercompetitive markets, but you can let the strategy consultants worry about that, I dont think it's what you should be concerned about when you're considering small biz's like one-man freelancing, a simple service or very niche products.

Lemme just add this.

I patronize lots of businesses and know a fair amount of small business people that are 1) bad at the business, but 2) make enough money to pay their rent and bills.

You don't need to be awesome, you just need to get yourself out there.

WIA

I'm happy for you - it's great you have a business. But honestly, I was making $50K at 22 in 2000. Things were much cheaper then. I had a luxury 1-bedroom apartment in a doorman building in Chicago!

So, keep at it - but you've got to be making six figures to be anything close to a player these days.

Quote: (07-01-2012 10:41 PM)Don_Johnson Wrote:  

I'm happy for you - it's great you have a business. But honestly, I was making $50K at 22 in 2000. Things were much cheaper then. I had a luxury 1-bedroom apartment in a doorman building in Chicago!

So, keep at it - but you've got to be making six figures to be anything close to a player these days.

50k net income at a business is not the same as 50k salary at a job. I can guarantee my hours are far less than yours were and I'm free to do whatever I want with my time, any hour of the day.

Like there is some arbitrary income threshold that you must cross to become a "player".

I'll take 50K location independent in Poland, DR, Colombia, Bangkok, etc. any day of the week over 100K in a major US city.

Maybe I haven't crossed the "player" income threshold here in BKK, but the 21 year old University student who took me to her and her sister's home Saturday night, and spent the next 3 days feeding me and fucking my brains out, doesn't seem to mind. She even has her own car. Pretty slick.

Quote: (07-03-2012 04:06 AM)RioNomad Wrote:  

Like there is some arbitrary income threshold that you must cross to become a "player".

I'll take 50K location independent in Poland, DR, Colombia, Bangkok, etc. any day of the week over 100K in a major US city.

Maybe I haven't crossed the "player" income threshold here in BKK, but the 21 year old University student who took me to her and her sister's home Saturday night, and spent the next 3 days feeding me and fucking my brains out, doesn't seem to mind. She even has her own car. Pretty slick.

When it comes to being an "international player", the key is location independent income. After that, the most important thing is passivity of income.

Even if it's only a grand a month of automated, passive income in southeast asia, this is worth more than say 2 grand of income you have to work 40 hours a week for in Sacramento, California.

If you have a passive income stream, once you break the $2500-3000 barrier you can really be a player, because you can afford big plane tickets every so often. That allows you a cushy life in damn near anywhere in the second or third world.

To be an international player in big cities in first world countries, like say you want to split time between Tokyo, London, Manhattan, Moscow.....you're talking about another level entirely. 50k/year at the bare minimum.

The problem is, aside from maybe Tokyo, those big expensive cities may not offer you the most lifestyle value anyway.

Anybody making over 30k a year in passive income has serious options, and can have access to any of the best pussy paradises in the world, at any time, and live in a pre-furnished apartment in the best spots, literally fucking multiple bitches a week due to their status/exoticism.

If that ain't a player lifestyle, I don't know what is.

Quote: (07-03-2012 07:45 AM)Rurik Wrote:  

When it comes to being an "international player", the key is location independent income. After that, the most important thing is passivity of income.

Even if it's only a grand a month of automated, passive income in southeast asia, this is worth more than say 2 grand of income you have to work 40 hours a week for in Sacramento, California.

If you have a passive income stream, once you break the $2500-3000 barrier you can really be a player, because you can afford big plane tickets every so often. That allows you a cushy life in damn near anywhere in the second or third world.

To be an international player in big cities in first world countries, like say you want to split time between Tokyo, London, Manhattan, Moscow.....you're talking about another level entirely. 50k/year at the bare minimum.

The problem is, aside from maybe Tokyo, those big expensive cities may not offer you the most lifestyle value anyway.

Anybody making over 30k a year in passive income has serious options, and can have access to any of the best pussy paradises in the world, at any time, and live in a pre-furnished apartment in the best spots, literally fucking multiple bitches a week due to their status/exoticism.

Is this what you're doing? Or is this just what you imagine would happen?

Quote: (07-03-2012 08:49 AM)Jalouse Wrote:  

Quote: (07-03-2012 07:45 AM)Rurik Wrote:  

Is this what you're doing? Or is this just what you imagine would happen?

nah brosky, I'm just keyboard jockeying. I haven't had sex in ten years.

kidding.

yes, making passive money, relocating, and banging. Once you have the dough-generating system in place, the pussy is the easy part.

I'm not getting laid in america though. Pussy-getting is not linear. In third world countries, it's like exponentially easier, and I'm pretty befuddled by it.

I'm looking into booking my ticket in a few days for another continent, selling my shit, and working on new product launches while I'm abroad.

I'm not really sure from your answer, this means that you're about to do it?

It just seems that people overdo how easy it is to get quality girls when living in a different country. Roosh has stated that so far he hasn't found anywhere where he can easily bang really hot girls and there are plenty of reports from other guys who struggle in places that are supposed to be 'poosy paradises'.

I will agree with you that having a $30,000+ passive income is a great situation to be in, I'm in this position, but it doesn't make you an international playboy.

Quote: (07-03-2012 10:58 AM)Jalouse Wrote:  

It just seems that people overdo how easy it is to get quality girls when living in a different country. Roosh has stated that so far he hasn't found anywhere where he can easily bang really hot girls and there are plenty of reports from other guys who struggle in places that are supposed to be 'poosy paradises'.

I will agree with you that having a $30,000+ passive income is a great situation to be in, I'm in this position, but it doesn't make you an international playboy.

Yeah, I fucked 5 girls in one week in the phillippines. And that was just one of the weeks. Most girls I screwed the few months I was there fucked me within an hour of meeting, no money exchanged.

When I was in china, multiple girls explicitly asked to have sex with me, simply because they were gringo groupies.

Every girl I mention was at least fuckable by most guys standards. Some were pretty hot.

Roosh hasn't been to SEA, or east asia in general for that matter, which hampers his analysis in certain areas. I'm sure he will be there at some point (even though he says he has no plans). He will eventually give in to the dark side....

And from first hand accounts from a number of people in RVF, certain areas of Latin America are on par with my experiences in Asia. Certain Areas of eastern europe also sound very very good, though I haven't been there yet (I will be in a few months to see for myself).

And yes, I have a passive income stream of about 2 grand a month from an information product currently on sale on the internet. I'm launching two new products this month to increase my income.

My goal this year: break 5 grand a month with 4 new info products, visit EE and latin america. Earlier this year I was in southeast asia and had a blast.

Hope that answers the question. I kind of find it funny you doubt, seeing as there are quite a few dudes here living the "location independent lifestyle" already. Where have you been traveling and how has it been going?

Quote: (07-03-2012 10:58 AM)Jalouse Wrote:  

The hottest girls are usually hard anywhere, including lower-income countries because 'hottest' usually means great clothes, makeup and style too which means in those countries they're going to be upper class, which is always hard to get an "in" with as they often stick to their own social circles and their "approved" males in their rich-kid club. It's true in London, NY, Buenos Aires, Bangkok, Manila, Seoul, Tokyo.

I've seen stunning lower-class girls (in terms of raw genetic prettiness ) here in thailand BUT they are not 9s or 10s because they dont act classily feminine or have any idea about high fashion, hair or makeup.

But for "cute" girls you can absolutely kill it in certain places. I personally found Sweden amazing for this, my friend says Norway was so easy to the point of being weird; here in Bangkok there are clubs where as a decent looking white guy, at night middle-class girls just latch onto you as soon as you approach. No testing, no BS - if they like white guys, speak english and are single then you will bang them if you approach, it's kind of inevitable.

It's to the point where I have to be selective and hold back because I dont want to overdo it and catch something or see too many girls I've banged in the same club later on.

Philippines is Thailand on steroids - e.g. better english, less reserved, bigger fans of foreigners... lets just say Im glad I was just there for a few days, it was starting to get messy.

Bottom line: Some guys wont get laid anywhere, but its definitely fair to say some places are abundantly easy for cute girls.

Quote:Quote:

here in Bangkok there are clubs where as a decent looking white guy, at night middle-class girls just latch onto you as soon as you approach. No testing, no BS - if they like white guys, speak english and are single then you will bang them if you approach, it's kind of inevitable.

Which clubs are you talking about? It's not as easy as you're making out in BKK unless you're dealing with pros / semi pros or other bottom of the ladder girls.

ready, fire, aim. that's how we did it flying apaches. nuff said

there is no try. only do and do not.

Hahaha.

I like this thread. well, the first 16 posts at least, before it got derailed into....stuff about SEA.

It should be obvious why
#1.exhibit a
#2. exhibit B
#3.exhibit c

anyways, action is the main thing.....action trumps all. focus/discipline. Like the man said: ready, aim, fire.

For all others here at RVF with these kind of entrepreneuring bent. i will really recommend these two books(first suggested to me by YoungMobileGlobal). I have devoured them.

One Simple Idea for Startups and Entrepreneurs: Live Your Dreams and Create Your Own Profitable Company by stephen key.

One Simple Idea: Turn Your Dreams into a Licensing Goldmine While Letting Others Do the Work. by stephen key.

I leave you lads with this:

and this:

May fortune favours the bold.

regards,

--Nemencine

A year from now you will wish you had started today.....May fortune favours the bold.