rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Poland or Ukraine city for 38 year old bar fly?

Question:

What city in Poland and the Ukraine would you recommend for a 1st time American visitor? Me: Age 37, Decent looking, B-/C+ game typically, heavy drinker, non-dancer. I'm not a club kid and lean heavily toward the bar side. I always find an Irish bar in whatever city I'm in. Of course, the downside is, I never get laid at those. But the upside is, I don't mind as long as I end up shitfaced. I must have some of the Ukraine man gene in my from what I've read here...

I live and work in Germany so the travel is easy. I would like to go one of the 2 places next week. Downside is, I don't get to stay long. Probably just 4 days. Up side is, I could go back every month if I want to. For the Ukraine, I figured Odessa, Lviv? Poland, Krakow Warsaw Gdansk? I just have time for one place though.

The polish vs ukraine girls thread had me leaning toward poland, as I don't object to meeting a girl for a LTR now that Im living just a few hour flight away (and I actually like a fair amount of junk in the trunk. Not fat but phat...) But the way ukraine girls seem to drink is also my speed. So I don't know. But would love a city suggestion.

Any timely suggestions welcome!

Thx

Lvov in Ukraine, Poznan in Poland.If you live in Berlin Poznan is just two hours away.It also dependson whether you speak Russian or not.Expenses are the same.

Thanks for the info Greek:

I'm the typical ugly American in that I only speak English fluently. My French is slow conversation passable, but that doesn't help with this trip. You have to assume I'm rolling into one of these 2 places as an english speaker only.

It is also matter of personality whether you like Poland or Ukraine more.I prefer Ukraine because it is more rough place.I like the decadence.

If you a bar man then Poland would be best. There is no bar culture in Ukraine, as with many other Eastern European countries.

Polish beer is superior to Ukrainian

Im definitely a bar guy.

I mean seriously, at 38, Im not exactly about to hit a club like the 2 dudes from Saturday Night Live (what is love, baby don't hurt me, no more...) I don't mind positioning myself at the bar in a club, providing it has one that is cool to lean against while whacking down Vodka+Sodas. But then, I'm all but guaranteed to not be able to hear shit. Especially with the boom boom boom base crap rattling my rib cage. If I cant chit chat, Im not down with it.

As far as rough goes, I certainly DO appreciate that. Ive lived in the Philippines, Thailand, and China before moving to Germany (which is unfortunately, entirely too polite). I definitely appreciate poverty and the 2nd-3rd world way of handling things (I love the money takes / wild west attitude of SE Asia...). But, rough with no pub scene isn't my thing since thats basically all I like to do.

I'll hit Poland first then. I certainly will go to the UK, but I'll wait until I can bring a wing who is a better at the club scene.

So its Poznan??

Cool, but don't rule yourself out of clubs at 38!. If you do go to Ukraine, you will see 50 something Ogres grinding teenagers on the dance floor. Will make you feel like a spring chicken [Image: wink.gif]

I'm 36, and I aint slowing down, if there's slinky Devushkas on the dance floor i'm there.

Quote: (06-28-2012 03:11 PM)sitonme93 Wrote:  

Im definitely a bar guy.

I mean seriously, at 38, Im not exactly about to hit a club like the 2 dudes from Saturday Night Live (what is love, baby don't hurt me, no more...)

Just do it like this holmes:

That is what I do.

Nice.

I guess you can't fault Travolta before he turned gay.

But I feel more like Woody from Kingpin when I walk into a club full of 22 year olds...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LEuhBT4TUg

Yeah, I would definitely favor Woody over the Ass-Banging-Scientologist .............