rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

bored out of my mind in China, what to do

Currently bored out of mind always at home, got no money, can't find a job, and living with family who is too busy or old, and can't go back to USA for a while, and I am not into Chinese girls(so probably no daygame). What to do? I am trying to find a job, finishing my teaching certificate and get the fuck out of here, I think even being in school in America is better, at least i am free and make new friends, meet girls. BTW I'm American and I speak Mandarin also.

Get a job.

Can't you teach English part time for 1-on-1 sessions?

That was I am trying to do. I dont know man, I don't have any connections, can't find people to teach, unless I go around selling myself to random people on the streets, maybe I will get one. I am applying jobs online, but no response. Fuck, I have been lazy, since I do have housing and food for free. I also have been applying jobs abroad,but no success, I will try harder and once I get the certificate, maybe it will be easier. My goal is to get to Baltic-Slavic land.

American Asian?

If you speak Mandarin, have you considered Malaysia and Singapore? You have a huge mix of Chinese, Malay, south east Asians and expats in these places. People who are bilingual would have opportunities there.

Bit more western too

Dude, I have be in China, I got no money to travel and here which is Shenzhen(next to HK) I got a place to live, elsewhere maybe I have place to live in west coast US depending on shit. Yes, I am Asian American. I don't want to go to Singapore, I just want to get fuck out of East Asia and meet Baltic-Slavic poon-tangs. I guess I can try to find a job in Singapore if they pay for travel, then go else where.

I thought about Hong Kong though.

ahaaa, now i get it, missed this thread earlier. If you look asian then schools will not want you...sorry don't shoot the messenger.

Can you get a job...yes, but you will be their last choice because you don't look the part. This will apply all over Asia.

Get your cert and roll.

I don't understand this I don't like____girls. There are hot girls everywhere...bang them. If your an ABC you can slay some tail in China.

Teach online if you have to, teach mandarin, teach english, get out of the house, if you read and write mandarin and speak English there are TONS of opportunities for you, quit making excuses.

Not sure how good your mandarin is but....

Sounds like you have family there, free room and board, and already know the language.

I showed up in China in 2004, spoke zero words and I mean zero words of mandarin. I did not know one person in the country, not one person, no contacts, nothing.

Hundreds of foreigners show up EVERYDAY in the exact same situation. We bust our asses for YEARS to learn the language, so we can improve our situation.

You get ZERO sympathy from me. Get off your ass and quit feeling sorry for yourself.

You have one disadvantage (look Asian) and numerous advantages.

Not trying to be an ass, but your situation isn't that bad.

If your really young that could hurt your chances too.

Good luck

keepreal, no offense but you need to man up. Get off your ass, get out of your funk and go find some work. Like redneckpunk said, if you speak mandarin and english, there is no reason why you can't find work. If you want out of there badly enough, you'll find some work to save the cash for the ticket. Stop making excuses and talking about what you don't like. You make your own luck.

You're bored? How old are you? No grown ass man should ever say such a thing.

How much cash you got on you?

If schools not touching you cuz you're of Asian heritage is not good for them, lease a room and advertise to teach english at 20% less than them.

Flash an American passport to prove your credentials that you can teach. Using the same room, advertise to teach expats mandarin.

keepreal: Are you a native English speaker? Because your posts--both in this thread and in other threads--kind of read as if you're not. With their outright errors and general off-kilter quality, they seem like the writing of someone who's a native speaker of Mandarin or one of the other Chinese languages, and who didn't come to the U.S. until his later teens or twenties, so that he only has an imperfect command of English. For example, you write "I have be in China" instead of "I have been in China"; and I note that even when that phrase has been corrected, it has a strange, disconnected quality: it's not clear what exactly it's doing in the sentence and what it's supposed to prove. In other postings, you make typical native-Chinese-speaker mistakes like failing to pluralize nouns when the meaning requires it, and leaving the "if" and "then" out of "if . . . then" statements. (I know Mandarin myself, so I'm familiar with the Chinese grammatical patterns that those mistakes come from.)

I realize that in your posts you're being very informal, and abbreviating a great deal, and not proofreading your work. Even so, your solecisms seem to go beyond that.

My point is that your potential Chinese employers may be right in judging you unfit to teach English. I'd say you should give up on the idea of teaching English, and get out of there.

Bored in China? And you speak the language? You are beyond help.
You should be out there chasing pussy and money. Speaking English and Mandarin is the best ticket on planet Earth right now.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

Quote: (06-29-2012 12:32 AM)gds555 Wrote:  

keepreal: Are you a native English speaker? Because your posts--both in this thread and in other threads--kind of read as if you're not. With their outright errors and general off-kilter quality, they seem like the writing of someone who's a native speaker of Mandarin or one of the other Chinese languages, and who didn't come to the U.S. until his later teens or twenties, so that he only has an imperfect command of English. For example, you write "I have be in China" instead of "I have been in China"; and I note that even when that phrase has been corrected, it has a strange, disconnected quality: it's not clear what exactly it's doing in the sentence and what it's supposed to prove. In other postings, you make typical native-Chinese-speaker mistakes like failing to pluralize nouns when the meaning requires it, and leaving the "if" and "then" out of "if . . . then" statements. (I know Mandarin myself, so I'm familiar with the Chinese grammatical patterns that those mistakes come from.)

I realize that in your posts you're being very informal, and abbreviating a great deal, and not proofreading your work. Even so, your solecisms seem to go beyond that.

My point is that your potential Chinese employers may be right in judging you unfit to teach English. I'd say you should give up on the idea of teaching English, and get out of there.
I know dude, my grammar sucks when I type, cuz I don't pay attention and think faster than I type, but my English is way better than Mandarin. Yes, Chinese was my first language, not Mandarin, then Mandarin replaced my first language, then English replace Chinese when I was younger. It is complicated, my speaking is definitely native for English, but Mandarin is like around a child's level, but reasonably fluent. dude, I meant I have to be in China, not I have been in China, I drop shit out all time when I type like verbs, pronouns, just everything.

Quote: (06-29-2012 12:10 AM)T and A Man Wrote:  

How much cash you got on you?

If schools not touching you cuz you're of Asian heritage is not good for them, lease a room and advertise to teach english at 20% less than them.

Flash an American passport to prove your credentials that you can teach. Using the same room, advertise to teach expats mandarin.
Dude, I can't teach Mandarin to someone beyond the basics unless I have a book and plus I don't speak with a standard accent. Anythings related to business or academic I don't know enough to teach. Sending resume is almost useless. I think either teaching English or working as an assistant might work with my credential. Man, my degree was not too helpful.

Quote: (06-29-2012 02:44 AM)RawGod Wrote:  

Bored in China? And you speak the language? You are beyond help.
You should be out there chasing pussy and money.

But alas, he doesn't "like" Chinese girls.

Quote: (06-29-2012 02:44 AM)RawGod Wrote:  

Speaking English and Mandarin is the best ticket on planet Earth right now.

It's impressive but who will pay for it?

AB ANTIQUO, AB AETERNO

keepreal: Here are corrected versions of your latest two postings:

I know, dude, my grammar sucks when I type, cuz I don't pay attention and I think faster than I type[color=#FF0000;">];[/color] but my English is way better than my Mandarin. Yes, one of the other Chinese languages was my first language, not Mandarin[color=#FF0000;">];[/color] then Mandarin replaced my first language[color=#FF0000;">];[/color] then my first language was replaced again, this time by English, when I was a little older. [At least I think that's what that sentence was supposed to mean.] It's complicated: my speaking is definitely native for English, but my Mandarin is like around a child's level, although it's reasonably fluent. Dude, I meant "I have to be in China", not "I have been in China": I drop shit out all the time when I type, like verbs, pronouns, just everything.

Dude, I can't teach Mandarin to someone beyond the basics unless I have a book, plus I don't speak Mandarin with a standard accent. Anything related to business or academia I don't know well enough to teach. Sending a resume is almost useless. I think either teaching English or working as an assistant might work with my credentials. Man, my degree was not too helpful.

While some of my corrections above are just stylistic refinements, a lot of them are corrections of constructions that are as redolent of China as the exhaust from a Chinese restaurant kitchen. While it's true that there are a lot of verbal flaws even in the postings of native speakers of English in this forum, they're almost always clearly the flaws of native speakers. Your flaws read like the flaws of a nonnative speaker, and specifically a Chinese one. Even your "drop[ping] shit out all [the] time" is done the way a native speaker of one of the Chinese languages would do it, not the way a native speaker of English would do it.

I should add that I have the right to criticize here, because I know what it is to learn a foreign language--specifically, French--to a high level of excellence. My spoken French is good enough that I've briefly fooled native French speakers into thinking I was French myself; and French friends of mine have said that my writing in French--painstakingly done, using the best dictionaries and grammars--is essentially flawless, good enough that I could be a journalist or even a novelist in French. Certainly I have some inborn talent for languages, but I also attribute some of my success to avoiding complacency and always trying to improve.

You need to accept the fact that your English isn't as good as you think it is. I think it'd be appropriate for you to look for a job where you use your English; but at the stage you're at, I don't think you should try to teach it.

let's not turn this into dave's esl cafe and start correcting people's grammar.

He can work at a bar, or a restaurant, his english is probably good enough to teach 90% of classes in China.

Ever see that dumb ass Dash write a sentence? It wasn't much better.

negative attitude is his problem not his English.

I knew plenty of Asian Americans, black Americans, Europeans, Africans, all get jobs teaching English in cities much smaller than Shenzhen. How? They didn't give up after sending out 5 resumes.

The heading of this thread alone fills me with a desire to introduce the Ops forehead to the keyboard.

I got stuck in China for 24 hours(actually still here waiting for a flight) but let me use say...wow. I've got some interesting things to say. I may wait til I leave before I post them on the Internet though.

I'd go fuck chinese bitches. then again, I'm a white dude and asian girls are easy as hell when you have a white cock dangling between your legs.

Quote: (06-29-2012 09:57 PM)MaleDefined Wrote:  

I may wait til I leave before I post them on the Internet though.

Spill it now.

I miss China.

AB ANTIQUO, AB AETERNO

Quote: (06-29-2012 10:38 PM)Fathom Wrote:  

Quote: (06-29-2012 09:57 PM)MaleDefined Wrote:  

I may wait til I leave before I post them on the Internet though.

Spill it now.

I miss China.

That may have came out wrong. They're not good things. I've had my CC stolen and been treated like a pile of shit.

The first 48 hours of my all-conquering Asian adventure have been an abject failure in every respect. I feel bad for the first girl that tastes my cock on this continent. I fear I may break her into more pieces than a porcelain tea cup thrown onto a goddamn marble floor.

Sucks, man. I guess you're waiting for a flight out to the land of smiles, so you should have your happy time soon! Don't let idiots get you down. Hey, today I heard Thailand has "blowjob bars." And one of them is a chain. A fucking chain!! aahaha

/end delirious rant

AB ANTIQUO, AB AETERNO

"Bored"? "China"? I don't think those two words can be in the same sentence....

You are a grown man are you not? If you are bored, its because you choose to be. Sure, it can get lonely sometimes, its part of it. But there is no excuse for boredom.

Im sure there are many other members who would like to be in China right this momment (including myself). Get up and start doing something. Think about what you can offer and try getting money out of it, be it teaching or anything else.

OP is probably not getting laid. I've heard complaints of chinese guys in china before.

I'm an american guy not getting laid in america....I'm planning my escape as well.