rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Smartphone - Apps

Smartphone - Apps

What's your favourite app/s for your smartphone?

Mine is Filmontv where I can watch UK and worldwide TV channels.

Other regularly used ones include:

Speedtest.net......Vital for testing the internet speed of a cafe before a commit to buying a coffee.

Mamba...The best dating site in FSU

Google Translate....I am famous for using this to get laid in FSU, although some folks are sceptical [Image: smile.gif]

Orbot....The Tor Network, anonymity online.

Hope you guys can share some good ones

Smartphone - Apps

Remember the Milk - to do list

Tapatalk - forum reader

Dropbox - online file storage, automatically syncs to all connected devices

Smartphone - Apps

Google Voice for an 'anonymous' phone number to give to women. Also Gives me the ability to text from my laptop, listen to voicemails online, receive text transcript of voicemails, etc.

Dropbox for sync'ing files with my laptop

Dolphin Browser (android)

Evernote for managing notes on just about everything (syncs with my laptop)

Aldiko for reading e-books if I'm stuck waiting somewhere (books sync'd in my dropbox account)

Smartphone - Apps

What's Orbot?

Smartphone - Apps

tTorrent - torrent software.

Opera - browser

What'sapp - text messaging service.

Google Reader - compiles posts from blogs I follow.

Twitter

Bank app, mostly for depositing checks (suuuper useful)

Honestly, I wonder if apps are a little overrated. I read a lot of the tech press, and it's a common refrain, that apps make or break a platform, it's all about the apps, etc., but I'm not convinced that normal people use apps that much, beyond GPS, email, and browsing.

Smartphone - Apps

Quote: (06-27-2012 08:14 PM)assman Wrote:  

Remember the Milk - to do list

Tapatalk - forum reader

Dropbox - online file storage, automatically syncs to all connected devices

Yes I must give Tapatalk a shot, was reluctant because it's not free!

I have used Dropbox once, but nut on my phone, will give it a shot.

The great things I like about Apps is that If I have too many on my phone, and I suspect them of slowing my device down, I can just delete them because and re-install when I need them because installing and uninstalling is so fast compared to a computer!

Smartphone - Apps

Quote: (06-27-2012 08:25 PM)houston Wrote:  

What's Orbot?

It's the mobile version of Tor, which is basically a network of users around the world that share each others IP addresses. Good for circumventing governmental blocks on websites etc. You can also specify which country you would like to be connected to. I use it for various mischief.

Smartphone - Apps

Quote: (06-28-2012 05:16 AM)Deb Auchery Wrote:  

Yes I must give Tapatalk a shot, was reluctant because it's not free!
Only $3, and it let's you browse any forum that uses it. Far more convenient than even mobile versions of a forum via phone browser, not to mention regular versions of a forum via browser.

Quote: (06-28-2012 05:16 AM)Deb Auchery Wrote:  

I have used Dropbox once, but nut on my phone, will give it a shot.
Definitely use it on your phone, very convenient. For example, whenever I take pics on my phone, those are automatically synced to my dropbox account and all my devices. I also use Dropbox to keep my password storage app (Keepass) synced amongst my various devices.

Smartphone - Apps

Quote: (06-28-2012 05:35 AM)assman Wrote:  

I also use Dropbox to keep my password storage app (Keepass) synced amongst my various devices.

Been using the dropbox/keepass combo for several years now -- excellent password solution.

Smartphone - Apps

Quote: (06-29-2012 05:17 AM)Smitty Wrote:  

Quote: (06-28-2012 05:35 AM)assman Wrote:  

I also use Dropbox to keep my password storage app (Keepass) synced amongst my various devices.

Been using the dropbox/keepass combo for several years now -- excellent password solution.

Great thanks I will check out keepass. I have a huge amount of usernames and passwords that I'm always struggling to remember

Smartphone - Apps

There are also some obscure ones like a Mosquito deterrent, seems to do the job, although I haven't tried it out in Jungle conditions yet.

There are also a Lucid Dreaming app I downloaded recently, I might give it a go tonight

Smartphone - Apps

If you still have your old Nokia phones, these are awesome: fake calls and fake messages free apps for Symbian. What I like with the fake calls application is that you can set up to four buttons which you press when the keypad is locked (your phone vibrates to confirm you pressed it), and you will get a "call" from the number you specified (you choose contacts from your phone) and at the time you specified, so you don't need to get to the bathroom to set up the fake call. It's a great DHV when you get four "annoying calls"...

Check out my thread Essential android tools for modern players and alphas to find out how to make your android phone your wingman, or click here and scroll down if you only need to root it.

Want sound that puts iPods and iPhones to shame? I got you covered!

Smartphone - Apps

Quote: (06-27-2012 06:31 PM)Deb Auchery Wrote:  

What's your favourite app/s for your smartphone?

Mamba...The best dating site in FSU

Hope you guys can share some good ones

In order to efficiently use mamba.ru service the iphone app Industrial mamba prooved to be extremely useful:

Developer:
http://ibudget.abtimo.com/industrial-mam...-mamba-ru/

AppStore:
https://itunes.apple.com/app/industrial-...24128?mt=8

Smartphone - Apps

I have a Google Nexus now so I am open to any app suggestions.

I'm looking for anything that is current events related, intellectually stimulating, and entertainment/night life oriented.

Smartphone - Apps

Quote: (03-01-2013 11:08 AM)Captain Ahab Wrote:  

I have a Google Nexus now so I am open to any app suggestions.

I'm looking for anything that is current events related, intellectually stimulating, and entertainment/night life oriented.

If it's a Nexus 4, there's a barometer in it, you can find various barometer apps to predict weather. There are a lot of drinking games and apps, like Mixology for making cocktails, DrinkMan, Drinkmania, Truth or Dare and a list of drinking games for home parties. If your phone is rooted, AdAway is a must - it removes ads from apps.

Check out my thread Essential android tools for modern players and alphas to find out how to make your android phone your wingman, or click here and scroll down if you only need to root it.

Want sound that puts iPods and iPhones to shame? I got you covered!

Smartphone - Apps

Like basilransom said I also recommend whatsapp. It's really good if you have friends in other countries as you can send text/picture messages to them for free. I also find it a bit easier to text people through the app rather than sending a direct text message.