rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Music

Does anyone know why a large portion of girls ages 18-24 are so superficially into music? They constantly talk about going to shows, liking certain musicians, how it's a large part of their identities, etc. Guys that age are into music as well (most bands are made up of males), but it doesn't seem like as large of a percent of males are as interested in music as girls of that age group.

Mentioning that I like certain bands or have been to certain concerts has helped opened many doors into the pants of girls in that age range. While mentioning a band, e.g. Florence and the Machine, won't guarantee attraction, it does help build comfort with girls who place a lot of emphasis on music.

Girls seem to grow out of this music-loving phase after age 24 for whatever reason. Does anyone know why?
*I know that musicians pull a lot of tail based on status, but I’m specifically asking about why girls seem to be so preoccupied with music in the first place.

Music

I've never seen much difference in male/female love of music, personally. But if you are right and women do like music more, maybe it's because music is mostly emotional and women being more emotional than men are more moved by it. I also think it's the type of music too. When it comes to mindless bubblegum music the more female fans. The deeper and more complex stuff is probably biased toward the guys.

Music

I_Affe, Why don't you try going to a concert or music store and TALKING TO THE GIRLS about this...?!?!?

Music

"but it doesn't seem like as large of a percent of males are as interested in music as girls of that age group."

That is because music is terrible these days.

Girls have terrible taste (in general).

Therefore, girls like music.

Music

I have Giovonny. The answers range from: "the music really speaks to me", "it helped me get through a difficult time", to "I just like it". I just wondered if anyone here had any musings or thoughts.

Music

Usually when it comes to younger girls, they like a scene, or more likely, they are attracted to the singer/band members on stage, so they end up liking the music. Also, a lot of the songs have issues relating to love and loss, or whatever-- emotional shit that is basically chick-crack.

[Image: benj-and-joel.jpg]

You have to remember, young girls are all basically ADD. They like bright colors, lights, loud sounds, and distortion. They also like things that are hard to get and don't treat them with any respect (but deep down they think they can change things).

What can you expect though, really?

[Image: Scene+Hair+for+Girls.jpg]

Music

"Girls seem to grow out of this music-loving phase after age 24 for whatever reason. Does anyone know why?"

Reality hits them around this age: Bills, ageing, golddigging etc.

Or they realize musicians are a bunch of monkeys. (Except for dope musicans like Curtis Mayfield, Marvin Gaye, etc.)

Music

Girls need reasons to justify banging you.

They like to think you are some deep artsty type. They want to believe that the music speaks to you the same way it speaks to them.

Now if any of you are having that big of a problem with women and their music, stay away from Asian girls.

Wrap your head around some Ayumi Hamasaki. Whatever you do don't let a Japanese girl plug her ipod into your car during rush hour traffic.

Aloha!