rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Meetup.com- Golden for Game?

So I just got to know of meetup.com.This website basically organizes get-together and regular meetings of groups of people with similar interests ranging from everything from rowing to video games to yoga!

I was browsing through some groups in my city and I was surprised that there were some pretty good broads there.

I was wondering if anybody on here has had significant success through this site in their place of residence. I think it's ideal for game and getting bangs!

You meet a lot of women..regularly, do your thing and then GTFO!

Please share your experiences.. good or bad.Thanks!

Feel the fear..then do it anyway.

do you live in a big city? If there are good looking girls, why not???

My city is just depressing. I don't see any potential dates from meetup groups....

What groups had girls? Looks like a cockfest to me

This is usually an older Surburbish get together crowd. Dont expect anything better than a 4-5

I tried some language meetups in DC. Absolutely no talent.

I've checked on this for NYC, where little was of interest. I could encounter more talent just walking into any coffee shop. Granted you have a far higher hurdle to overcome with regard to introductions in the coffee shop, but if the selection is unappealing at a meetup what does it matter that it is easier to approach?

I can see a value in it for building a network or even friends but that requires a different kind of investment.

Quote: (06-21-2012 07:05 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Well, I found tons of groups in my city with good-looking women. They have groups for singles in 20s,30s,40s, tons of groups for volleyball and other outdoor activities where I saw some attractive broads.

They have groups for NSA haha but those are mostly filled with men. So it's pretty much whatever interests you.Some members have their emails on there or you could message them.

Oh they also have several groups for speed dating! You meet at least 10-15 women in 10 minutes! Ideal scenario for getting number and running game.

The only downside I see is that you may run into women who are married and shit but doesn't hurt to try.

Feel the fear..then do it anyway.

To echo Roosh, I've been to a variety of these including language ones (Russian) and single related ones. You can find better looking girls walking around in the street during the day, at least in DC.

Meetup.com can be decent if you meet with a group in which you are actually interested. But they are so hit-or-miss with women that you have to keep your expectations very low.

Wow, really? Hot chicks go to the language meetings I've been going to in the UK. It's one of my ways to meet vaginas now.

Quote: (06-22-2012 03:45 AM)esperar Wrote:  

Wow, really? Hot chicks go to the language meetings I've been going to in the UK. It's one of my ways to meet vaginas now.
You're onto something. Just searched French and I see some sexy lizards in the groups.

Tried meetup for a while, pretty much useless, at least here in DC.

Only good thing it's for is practicing game on easy girls that are new in town and looking to make friends.

The only good thing I did with it was start my own meetup group. That method somewhat works, although it involves some work.

My wing and I followed the lazy mans way. We made the group invite only, and would mostly accept girls into the group. We maintained a ratio of 3 to 1 girls. It started out great, but was short lived.

Finding and planning events was a hassle, so we would just combine our meetups with other groups and have them do all the work for setting up the happy hours and bring our group at the end to join. The downside was the other groups were mostly dudes, so that didn't help.

If you're willing to invest a lot of time, starting your own meetup and screening for mostly women is the way to go.

Hot university chicks go to the language meetups I've been going to... Not all the time, but they do go. Plus, if you speak to them, they will introduce you to their hot friends too. Best thing I ever did was go to meetup.com

Since returning to the US after years abroad, meetup now seems pretty popular in the states. I only use CS for meetings/parties (not so much for crashing at people's pads). I hope meetup picks up in Eastern Europe. Hmm, here's an interesting group, an English-language group in Poland:
http://www.meetup.com/Coffee-Tea-and-Eng...tion-Club/

I found this group in London:

http://www.meetup.com/spiceoflife/

It's for married men and women to meet up and have discreet affairs, pretty much the same as Ashley Madison.

There's no way that won't be a sausage fest.

Quote: (06-28-2012 05:05 PM)Some guy Wrote:  

I found this group in London:

http://www.meetup.com/spiceoflife/

It's for married men and women to meet up and have discreet affairs, pretty much the same as Ashley Madison.

Yeah, sounds like what you'd expect on a nudist beach - abundance of sausages!

Game is a necessary evil

If you happen to be in Montreal, meetups are a great way to meet girls. Tons of talent, especially with french-language learning meetups.

Remember that youre not gonna see many local girls at the french meetups (which is a good thing), itll mostly be foreign pussy. Ive stumbled upon Colombian, Russian, Ukrainian etc. Lost of girls there looking for dick under the pretense of "im here to improve my french" [Image: lol.gif]

A lot of the guys that show up at these meetups are beta knobs so if you dress decent, look decent, and speak a modicum of french youll be way ahead of the pack.

There were a few international meetup groups that I wanted to join that absolutely refused because they thought I was there to pick up their women (maybe).

I was curious about the Romanian culture so I looked up the Romanian meetup in DC and they didn't have a leader and the group was going to be closed. So on a whim I revived it. Took over.

Holy shit was there a huge divide. I got emails some in English and some in Romanian about what my real intentions were for taking over the meetup group. There was so much drama and flame wars I just dropped it. I'm not sure if I'd want to be involved with Romanians ever again after that one.

I've used Meetup.com in a couple different cities/countries, but not with the only intention of meeting girls. Imo, it depends a lot on which city you are in, some places have a lot of active groups. I got two lays off Meetup in Bangkok, not high quality by any means and some of the girls were clearly farang/gringo hunters and joined every group available, still more enjoyable than online dating to compare. It also depends on the group. If you go to a niche, professional group, the talent may be lacking, but stuff like wine tasting or language exchange is quite good. Just a different way of setting up dates in a less obvious way, which I think probably gets some girls who wouldn't join dating sites or be in expat bars. Then there are groups like photography which attracts wanna be models and thirsty wanna be nude photographers.

I also made a couple of friends and drinking buddies off Meetup and met other people in the same business, so there's that potential too. I like the site if you've settled in a decent sized city and want to stay for a while. Good way to get a social circle and get invited to places you didn't know about. Not all cities seem to use Meetup though.

I went to a Spanish meetup in Tokyo a couple years ago and it was about 6/4 ration of quality women/men. So, I recommend giving meetup.com a try.

I've never gone to a Meetup.com gathering. And the reason for that is the women I know who do are not the kind of women I would want to meet for the first time at their ages (over 40).

It seems like a place for embittered spinsters who never learned how to connect socially and/or have a very high need for attention.

That said, here is how you could make it work:

1). Go to one and tell people you've just moved to the area (that makes you seem exotic and not like you can't score elsewhere).

2). Say you're carrying on a long-distance relationship but just looking to make friends in town.

3). Use the connection you make to gain entry to happy hour meet-ups where you can network through the Meetup.com gals and meet their friends. Those friends will probably be the ones you want to really meet, anyway.

My experiences come from the Baltimore-DC area, where a lot of women have a de facto husband via their useless government-drone jobs which are just so, so important they have "no time to date." So take this with some grains of salt. For all I know, things are completely different if you live in Ohio or Kansas.

Quote: (07-19-2014 02:25 AM)Carlos100 Wrote:  

I went to a Spanish meetup in Tokyo a couple years ago and it was about 6/4 ration of quality women/men. So, I recommend giving meetup.com a try.

Just goes to prove that everything is in reverse in Japan...love going to those cultural events there.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

I was on Meet Up's rival, CitySocializer. In my region, most of the members are women and generally their standard is higher than those on dating sites (there is of course a number of women on dating sites too). I have attended functions where I was the only man and it is a refreshing turn on form to see women subtly compete to sit beside me. The men are probably worse than Betas which means if you have basic-intermediate to intermediate game sense and awareness, you are going to be targeted by women with less effort that you would have spent on a dating site.

Quote: (07-19-2014 02:36 AM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

I've never gone to a Meetup.com gathering. And the reason for that is the women I know who do are not the kind of women I would want to meet for the first time at their ages (over 40).

It seems like a place for embittered spinsters who never learned how to connect socially and/or have a very high need for attention.

That said, here is how you could make it work:

1). Go to one and tell people you've just moved to the area (that makes you seem exotic and not like you can't score elsewhere).

2). Say you're carrying on a long-distance relationship but just looking to make friends in town.

3). Use the connection you make to gain entry to happy hour meet-ups where you can network through the Meetup.com gals and meet their friends. Those friends will probably be the ones you want to really meet, anyway.

My experiences come from the Baltimore-DC area, where a lot of women have a de facto husband via their useless government-drone jobs which are just so, so important they have "no time to date." So take this with some grains of salt. For all I know, things are completely different if you live in Ohio or Kansas.

Embittered spinsters with no social skills you say? Ha! You've never heard of Events and Adventures then. That's where people actually PAY to meetup and hang out for events.

Here