rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Choosing where to move - A question to members living abroad

I've been travelling for the last 9 weeks throughout Europe. So far, I've visited 17 cities in 6 countries, staying between 3 and 14 days in each. I've always considered moving abroad and I've seen a few cities that I get the feeling I could very well live in, despite homesickness.

My question to those who have taken the step and actually moved is: what are the main factors that make you choose one place over the other?

Employment? Cost of living? Women? Transportation? Safety? Nightlife?

Are there any you didn't think of before moving, and that you now think you should've considered?

Quote: (06-12-2012 03:46 PM)Ringo Wrote:  

I've been travelling for the last 9 weeks throughout Europe. So far, I've visited 17 cities in 6 countries

How about giving back some Data Sheets?

Or at least one?

As far as your question, these: "Cost of living? Women? Transportation? Safety? Nightlife?"

And food.

And smoking laws. Drinking laws. Police State factor. Freedom.

And weather and beaches. Big one for me.

Countless threads on subject. Type "where" in the seach with travel and title only and you will be good. Figure out what type of women you want, what type of nightlife you are into, what kind of weather, whats your budget, your career path. Too many variables.

Search search search

The cycle of disrespect can start with just an appetizer.

I've been travelling for the last 9 weeks throughout Europe. So far, I've visited 17 cities in 6 countries, staying between 3 and 14 days in each. I've always considered moving abroad and I've seen a few cities that I get the feeling I could very well live in, despite homesickness.

My question to those who have taken the step and actually moved is: what are the main factors that make you choose one place over the other?

Are there any you didn't think of before moving, and that you now think you should've considered?

I'm in the same situation. I would like to live a couple of months in europe, the problem i have is that the places i like, there is a language barrier(prague, budapest). Has anybody made the bold move of living abroad in Hungary or Czech republic without knowing the language???

Quote: (06-12-2012 03:55 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

I've been travelling for the last 9 weeks throughout Europe. So far, I've visited 17 cities in 6 countries

How about giving back some Data Sheets?

Or at least one?

As far as your question, these: "Cost of living? Women? Transportation? Safety? Nightlife?"

And food.

And smoking laws. Drinking laws. Police State factor. Freedom.

And weather and beaches. Big one for me.
I haven't been gaming enough in most of these cities to make datasheets, but I'll do my best to post some tips on other threads.

Here's a datasheet of my hometown, São Paulo, which I just finished. I hope you'll enjoy it.

Cheers!

If you enjoy the city and you think there's enough to keep you occupied then move there and see what happens. If you don't like it move somewhere else or go home.

Quote: (06-12-2012 05:44 PM)Scarecr0w Wrote:  

I'm in the same situation. I would like to live a couple of months in europe, the problem i have is that the places i like, there is a language barrier(prague, budapest). Has anybody made the bold move of living abroad in Hungary or Czech republic without knowing the language???

If I moved abroad I'd probably head for Prague too, interested to see if any members from this forum have lived there or near there at any point as well.

Employment - most places you can find a job. Cost of living - will always be a factor and probably more expensive than where you live, since you will not know the best deals to buy things. Women will be hit/miss because you are a foreigner and are different.

For me the biggest problem was the weather and the food, alot of places in Europe have bad food and worst weather. This coming from a "canadian", yes are winters can be cold but at least we get sunshine.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

As a Freelancer my requirement come down to:

Girls
Cost of Living
Weather
Fun
Speed/quality of internet
Activities
Safety

For me it is something instinctive. Sometimes I go somewhere and just know instinctively that it's the kind of place I could live in regardless of the work situation,weather etc. I've been to cities which seemingly ticked all the boxes,like Barcelona for example,but I just never felt it and so never made the move.

My ideal city would have the following things:

Located in Europe
Friendly locals and attractive girls
Beautiful architecture
Cheap to live in
International airport served by budget airlines
No visa hassles
Cheap housing
Russian speaking

The nearest I have found to that is Budapest although the language is a bummer. If they spoke Russian in Budapest I'd be there now. Other places that have ticked the boxes for me have been Kiev and Minsk.

Quote:Quote:

Employment - most places you can find a job. Cost of living - will always be a factor and probably more expensive than where you live, since you will not know the best deals to buy things. Women will be hit/miss because you are a foreigner and are different.

For me the biggest problem was the weather and the food, alot of places in Europe have bad food and worst weather. This coming from a "canadian", yes are winters can be cold but at least we get sunshine.

I'd say most places you would struggle to find a decent job as a foreigner unless you are fluent in the local language. If you live in Western Europe or North America then most places you move to will be cheaper (assuming you don't move from one West European country to another). In my experience wherever you go you'll find a group of women who are very receptive to you as a foreigner because you're a bit exotic or different. Europe has such a vast array of food and a lot of it is good, think Italian and French which are considered some of the best in the world. Most places have warm summers so it's not all bad.

Quote:Quote:

For me it is something instinctive. Sometimes I go somewhere and just know instinctively that it's the kind of place I could live in regardless of the work situation,weather etc. I've been to cities which seemingly ticked all the boxes,like Barcelona for example,but I just never felt it and so never made the move.

Yeah I know what you mean, some places even though not perfect just give me a good vibe and I know I'll enjoy it there but others which seemingly have it all just don't feel right for me.

I guess my ideal places would be:
Warm but not overly humid and with occassional rain that wasn't torrential.
Freindly locals and girls I find attractive.
Cheap for accomodation, food and beer.
Easy to stay in for a few months at a time without having to leave the country or extend visas (or at least it needs to be easy).
Plenty of things to keep me occupied, not just a place with good looking girls as that would get boring.

Employment only.Do not think further.Europe is easy to navigate if you are in one place and have cash to move.Europe is also interconnected lots of slavic women in Germany lots of swedish women in Greece etc.

Quote: (06-15-2012 02:52 AM)Greek kamaki Wrote:  

Employment only.Do not think further.Europe is easy to navigate if you are in one place and have cash to move.Europe is also interconnected lots of slavic women in Germany lots of swedish women in Greece etc.

Not so sure about that. You are still going to want a nice place to live as you're going to be spending the.majority of your time there.

Depends on the ops circumstances and potential cashflow.

If you are.location independent then one would be naturally attracted to places that are affordable and have pretty girls.