rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Be Beta on the forum

Be Beta on the forum

In the last 30 days, the forum has received 1.4 million page views and 8,500 posts. With its growing size comes a larger membership of men from a variety of backgrounds and personality types.

In the past couples of months, I'm noticing a lot of edgy posters who are easily losing their cool at the most trivial of disagreements, lashing out in an unrestrained manner. The problem is that this hijacks threads and creates a negative environment. It also creates a bad example as newbies think it's allowed to call anyone out for small reasons.

While it's great to be alpha in your job or with women, doing the same in a forum of hundreds of guys is going to create chaos. I'm having to ban many members who don't understand that they can't snap at people here like they might some guy who stepped on their shoe in a club.

Therefore I ask you not use the forum as a way to show dominance or to outwit one another. I want you to be beta and kind. Share you information and make your humor, but drop it in a positive way. This means definitely no bullying and harassing other members, no picking on someone just because you disagree with they've written in the past, and no "mini meltdowns" when you're having a bad day.

I understand that disagreements will happen, but before you hit "Post," ask yourself if you're crossing the line. Would you say it to the person's face? Does your reply include petty insults or childish name calling? Are you hijacking the thread with an inflammatory response about race or politics? If so, then don't hit the button. Go start a blog and post it there instead.

The community we have here is strong, but I wanted to take this time-out to make it even more positive. If you notice any member crossing the line and "being alpha," click Report on their post and I will offer a temporary suspension. To lead by example, I will be the most beta on the forum.

[Image: grouphug.gif] [Image: gay.gif] [Image: grouphug.gif]

Be Beta on the forum

I have made it a point to not smack people around so much.

Besides, the bottom of my foot was getting sore from stomping people so hard.

I did want to make clear that I never (or almost never) "start" problems on here.

Bigbootylover always attacked me, until I ethered him.

I used to go after Dash, but only because he would drop so many stupid posts, and no one else would. So I had to step up for the good of the crew.

And recently, all the smacking I was doing was "responding" to people. Hell, I was gone for three months.

Just wanted to set the record straight.

I am just dropping knowledge for now on.

Be Beta on the forum

That's all fine, Roosh... but Was your post Beta? [Image: biggrin.gif]

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Be Beta on the forum

Quote: (06-11-2012 09:30 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

In the last 30 days, the forum has received 1.4 million page views and 8,500 posts. With its growing size comes a larger membership of men from a variety of backgrounds and personality types.

In the past couples of months, I'm noticing a lot of edgy posters who are easily losing their cool at the most trivial of disagreements, lashing out in an unrestrained manner. The problem is that this hijacks threads and creates a negative environment. It also creates a bad example as newbies think it's allowed to call anyone out for small reasons.

While it's great to be alpha in your job or with women, doing the same in a forum of hundreds of guys is going to create chaos. I'm having to ban many members who don't understand that they can't snap at people here like they might some guy who stepped on their shoe in a club.

I ask you not use the forum has a way to show dominance or to outwit one another. I want you to be beta and kind. Share you information and make your jokes, but drop it in a positive way. This means definitely no bullying and harassing other members, no picking on someone just because you disagree with they've written in the past, and no "mini meltdowns" when you're having a bad day.

I understand that disagreements will happen, but before you hit "Post," ask yourself if you're crossing the line. Would you say it to the person's face? Does your reply include petty insults or childish name calling? Are you hijacking the thread with an inflammatory response about race or politics? If so, then don't hit the button. Go start a blog and post it there instead.

The community we have here is strong, but I wanted to take this time-out to make it even more positive. If you notice any member crossing the line and "being alpha," click Report on their post and I will offer a temporary suspension. To lead by example, I will be the most beta on the forum.

[Image: grouphug.gif] [Image: gay.gif] [Image: grouphug.gif]
Roosh-
I'm assuming that this may be one of the threads you are referring to
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-8699.html
Was I out of line in my responses to keyser?

If I was, could you tell me how I could have done my rebuttal in a more professional manner, to his below the belt jabs. Especially the jab he made at me about "sounding bitter" about not finishing medical school(which I chose not to complete) which was off-hand and not related to my main thesis. Regular M.D.s actually have nothing to do with the thread in particular question, they just don't care about supplements unless they are using them.

I want to make it clear that I only "showed dominance and attempted to outwit him because he claimed I had no idea what i was talking about, so i felt i had to defend myself. Someone banned him anyways, maybe because of that thread who knows?
As I am not the biggest player on the block here, not by any means, I'm trying to add what knowledge I can in thorough in Data sheets.

Regardless, I was never mad, as I think he ended up looking like a fool. (maybe I'm wrong, and I'm sure you guys will let me know if I was.)

Despite that, I promise to obey the rules and not get into any more pissing contests.

Be Beta on the forum

^ I didn't see your response there, but Keyser ignored multiple warning to tone down his attitude, so he has been banned.

Be Beta on the forum

First compliment and cuddle.

Now this.

You know, soon you're going to be taking girls out for romantic candlelit dinners and evening beach-walks with roses and the sunset reflecting in your eye.

[Image: troll.gif]

Be Beta on the forum

I kinda enjoy a good forum meltdown once in a while. I wasn't sure if that happens on other forums or was a characteristic of this place. How many other forums have mods that troll? That couldn't be normal

Be Beta on the forum

I wish you guys had molecular neurobiology as a part-time hobby, obviously game is a full time job[Image: banana.gif] You would have appreciated it.

I'm going to write up a longer but less complicated version of that as a data sheet by 12pm. In other news I'm trying to seal the deal for a 30yr old 7 with a nice rack off of OKC. Depends if I can stay up until later, pulled another all nighter. TGFS= Thank God For Stims...

Be Beta on the forum

Quote: (06-11-2012 09:37 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

I have made it a point to not smack people around so much.

Besides, the bottom of my foot was getting sore from stomping people so hard.

I did want to make clear that I never (or almost never) "start" problems on here.

Bigbootylover always attacked me, until I ethered him.

I used to go after Dash, but only because he would drop so many stupid posts, and no one else would. So I had to step up for the good of the crew.

And recently, all the smacking I was doing was "responding" to people. Hell, I was gone for three months.

Just wanted to set the record straight.

I am just dropping knowledge for now on.
Ding dong the wicked Keyser is dead. Now we have to salt and burn his bones so he doesn't come back from the grave and haunt our finely toned asses...what...I do a lot of bike riding.

Be Beta on the forum

Keyser Soze : His avatar will be missed.

By far the best avatar out there. Must have looked at it over a hundred times.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

Be Beta on the forum

What can I do to be more Omega

I am the cock carousel

Be Beta on the forum

I mentioned this in the other thread, but I'm pretty sure Keyser Soze was the same guy as TudoBem, who was previously banned a few months ago.

Be Beta on the forum

Quote: (06-11-2012 11:16 AM)Sourcecode Wrote:  

What can I do to be more Omega

If you eat nothing but Omega Fish Oil you will become a living god. It's that simple.

Be Beta on the forum

I don't know if it is possible, but I think it might be good if people can leave a little "bio" on their page.

A little about where they grew up, age, life experience, interests, special skills etc.

I think this would help knowing where people come from.

If you could see a little more background on the cat, you can get a better idea what their point of view is and would make us all more tolerant of each other.

I mean, I was stomping this one guy here recently, and half the reason was because I finally realized that English was his second or third or fourth language.

If I would have known that up front, I would have given the guy way more of a pass, and I wouldn't have had to bash him so bad. Hell, the guy is probably still at home crying. I feel bad.

Or at least get guys to fill out their profile page.

Most of the guys that start problems (at least with me) and do these "come out of the closet" to attack are guys that never fill out their profiles. Or ever drop data sheets. But that is neither here nor there.

Roosh, maybe have a drawing for one of your books.

Everyone who fills out their profile gets an entry.

Thoughts?

Be Beta on the forum

There used to be a bio section in profiles, but no one used it.

Be Beta on the forum

Quote: (06-11-2012 11:34 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

I don't know if it is possible, but I think it might be good if people can leave a little "bio" on their page.

A little about where they grew up, age, life experience, interests, special skills etc.

If you could see a little more background on the cat, you can get a better idea what their point of view is and would make us all more tolerant of each other.

Yeah but anyone could easily lie or embellish their "lifestyle" or life story and experiences. It's the internet, not like Roosh is going to show up at my door to see if I'm rolling in a $50,000 Benz, rocking custom suits, and smoking Cuban cigars with a harem of perfect 10 models.

Be Beta on the forum

Quote: (06-11-2012 11:50 AM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

Yeah but anyone could easily lie or embellish their "lifestyle" or life story and experiences. It's the internet, not like Roosh is going to show up at my door to see if I'm rolling in a $50,000 Benz, rocking custom suits, and smoking Cuban cigars with a harem of perfect 10 models.

Sure.

And people can lie and embellish their "lifestyle" or life story and experiences in real life also.

For instance, if you have ever been to a nightclub, you might have noticed this.

However, if someone says something like this in their bio:

"I am 22. I live in a small town. I have only been to Mexico."

You get a feel for where the guy is coming from.

I remember on a thread a while back some guy was arguing with me about suits forever.

It finally came out he was some Dork from DC.

If I would have know that from the jump, I wouldn't have had to pimp slap the guy 50 times.

Be Beta on the forum

IMO such game-learned-alpha behavior should be toned down even with your guy friends as well. Go all alpha with women and your job, but not your buddies.

Ironically i've had to say the exact same thing with regard to being BETA, to couple of friends of mine who recently started reading some game material and one of them started applying TEXT GAME ON HIS GUY FRIENDS, replying to me with short vague texts every 4 hours, and basically his behavior with me and other buddies we know started changing. Had to set him straight.

Be Beta on the forum

Filling out a profile page would be a good start. I had a few minor discussions with guys about travelling. They would argue with me over third world countries while never having been to one or even left 'merica. Sometimes it was visible in the profile page and sometimes you have to guess for it.
I mean, how hard is it to fill in some basic info like your lifestyle bankroll, your race and home country.

Its almost no trouble and would explain a lot of things in a instant like as G already mentioned if some one is a native speaker or not.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

Be Beta on the forum

Quote: (06-11-2012 12:09 PM)Perseus Wrote:  

IMO such game-learned-alpha behavior should be toned down even with your guy friends as well. Go all alpha with women and your job, but not your buddies.

Ironically i've had to say the exact same thing with regard to being BETA, to couple of friends of mine who recently started reading some game material and one of them started applying TEXT GAME ON HIS GUY FRIENDS, replying to me with short vague texts every 4 hours, and basically his behavior with me and other buddies we know started changing. Had to set him straight.
I fuckin absolutely hate that shit. I have one friend who is completely beta and bounces from one LTR to the next with the girl always calling the shots. He runs fucking text game on me, but it's not just me I've seen text logs from at least 3 different dudes in our close friendship circle.

I'm still having trouble getting over this because I have known him since right when I turned 8 YEARS OLD. WE ARE 23 NOW. Guy will seriously only answer texts like a girl. Half of me can't cut dude loose bc I love him like a brother in a no homo way. The other half of me sees having not completely let him go, well if I did drop him, if there was a scale of One To Fuckin Alpha, well, regardless of where I'm at right now, I'd go up 35%On The Alpha Scale, honestly whatever the fuck that means. Not to mention this kid does opioid painkillers, which I have never done, and keep getting tempted by him and these lowlifes he hangs with.

Who wants to be my do not call this kid sponsor on the RVF

He will quit his problems too in a heartbreak if his best friend cuts him, heard him say it before. Done Ranting.
Preferably someone with experience in beating addictions, even though this one is to a best friend.

TheGManifesto I think you had something on your blog about cutting good friends loose, or was that a more general entry?

Be Beta on the forum

I mean, I was stomping this one guy here recently, and half the reason was because I finally realized that English was his second or third or fourth language.

If I would have known that up front, I would have given the guy way more of a pass, and I wouldn't have had to bash him so bad. Hell, the guy is probably still at home crying. I feel bad.

Or at least get guys to fill out their profile page.

Most of the guys that start problems (at least with me) and do these "come out of the closet" to attack are guys that never fill out their profiles. Or ever drop data sheets. But that is neither here nor there.

Roosh, maybe have a drawing for one of your books.

Everyone who fills out their profile gets an entry.

Thoughts?

This could be a huge re-addition to the forum. I definitely concur with G on this one.

He lists"A little about where they grew up, age, life experience, interests, special skills etc." which I all agree with

I would add the following:
what countries/states that have been visited.

Professional Degrees, meaning only M.D., J.D., PhD. (Purely to lend legitimacy to what they post on threads containing information in their field. Remember that the doctor you get a check-up from can't perform brain surgery on you. This will ABSOLUTELY never allow someone who has such a credential bully or get nasty to someone who does not have that that same training for posting on the topic. If you have such knowledge as you claim you should be able to refute someone's assertation in a civil and logical manner.

Number of physical fights been in

Number of nights incarcerated(let's not have a tough ass oh I did this contest i'm harder than you are

Favorite Authors: No matter what someone says, this tells you a lot about the person,

was debating putting notch count in but it's not that useful of an indicator of how much Quality a player pulls. This is also apt to turn into a pissing contest.

There's got to be one or two more missing?

Be Beta on the forum

Seriously?

Qualifications, where you're from, how many fights you've been in? What a recipe for disaster.
I wrote in the forum improvement thread that I didn't understand why people would rather read a profile than ask someone. It is a discussion forum after all.

Besides, not knowing increases your critical thinking skills when reading posts. With anything on the internet you should question it before you implement it.

Be Beta on the forum

I think people completely forget the fact that there is a private messaging system too. As soon as you find yourself 2 paragraphs into a "fuck this fucking guy" reply, just take it to PM. Guys have to be allowed to dig in to each other every now and then, that's usually how we make friends heh. Just take it to the alleyway instead of the plaza center where you know it would just get broken up anyway.

Be Beta on the forum

Quote: (06-11-2012 01:55 PM)Kitsune Wrote:  

Seriously?

Qualifications, where you're from, how many fights you've been in? What a recipe for disaster.
I wrote in the forum improvement thread that I didn't understand why people would rather read a profile than ask someone. It is a discussion forum after all.

Besides, not knowing increases your critical thinking skills when reading posts. With anything on the internet you should question it before you implement it.

If people are claiming outrageous shit on their bios, wouldn't it make it easier to separate bsers?

There are a lot of people on the forum I'd like to ask things. You cannot just hijack threads to turn into personal chat sessions forever. I find that asking a bunch of personal questions by pm might put certain people off, or senior forum members don't find it worth their time or can't find the time to respond to the people with low numbers of posts and the myraid new members each month.

Be Beta on the forum

Quote: (06-11-2012 11:56 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

some guy was arguing with me about suits ... some Dork from DC.

Are you saying nobody from DC wears suits? Or everybody from DC is argumentative? That seems to violate the spirit of this thread. Isn't Roosh from DC?