rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Kickstarter

Kickstarter

Now is the time to cash in on Kickstarter. Everybody knows about it but it hasn't quite gotten old yet. Best time was in the last 6 months but it will still be good for a while.

Here's what you do:

1. Choose a hot niche/topic
2. Pitch a video project like a documentary, which will cost you very little to make.
3. Set your KS target for a few thousand dollars
4. Market it using forums, Facebook, etc.
5. Get your cash
6. Spend a few months learning how to do video editing and make the project in your spare time.

Keep it real, do a good job on something you are interested in, and everybody wins. You learn some new skills and make some money.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

Kickstarter

I've never used Kickstarter, but it looks promising as fuck.

Seems like a great way to get funding for a documentary project that isn't weird art-house shit (which is what most of the grant-giving organizations want unfortunately).

Kickstarter

How about "Misogyny and patriarchy in Western societies: a woman's battle"? [Image: biggrin.gif]

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Kickstarter

My friend's band is using Kickstarter to fund the recording of their album.
If you pledge $10 you get a copy of it when it's done. Seems like a good way
to sell CDs.

Team Nachos

Kickstarter

One of my friends in Guangzhou is making a killing on it right now. 2 weeks ago, he launched his product and he has reached since then 183K! Unreal!

I'm definitely going to use it in the near future for my own product launches! Has anyone in here used it and if yes, could you post a data sheet on the steps/ins of doing it right? That would be awesome!

Kickstarter

Quote: (03-12-2013 11:49 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

One of my friends in Guangzhou is making a killing on it right now. 2 weeks ago, he launched his product and he has reached since then 183K! Unreal!

I'm definitely going to use it in the near future for my own product launches! Has anyone in here used it and if yes, could you post a data sheet on the steps/ins of doing it right? That would be awesome!

What is his product? Any links?

Kickstarter

Irishman, how's going man?
Here's the link to Ryan's soaring success:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1173...nless-stee

P.S. This is even crazier than I thought: when I wrote that post 10 minutes ago, he was up at 183K and 10 minutes later, he's now at 186K and with still 16 days to go! His initial goal was to reach 10K and that has been reached within the first 2 hours! At this pace, he will reach 300K+ by the time this is done in 16 days from now. Absolutely mind blowing!

Kickstarter

Quote: (03-13-2013 12:00 AM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

Irishman, how's going man?
Here's the link to Ryan's soaring success:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1173...nless-stee

P.S. This is even crazier than I thought: when I wrote that post 10 minutes ago, he was up at 183K and 10 minutes later, he's now at 186K and with still 16 days to go! His initial goal was to reach 10K and that has been reached within the first 2 hours! At this pace, he will reach 300K+ by the time this is done in 16 days from now. Absolutely mind blowing!

That is amazing.

Especially since they don't have a big twitter or facebook presence.

I wonder how they did it? Any ideas?

Their product and kickstarter page both look great so that helped for sure.

Still, amazing.

Kickstarter

woah that is great, well done to your friends, their page is great as well.

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Kickstarter

Those watches look awesome.

Congratulations to your friends.

Kickstarter

I am skeptical about this... If you look at the breakdown of the contributors, almost no one contributes for nothing in return (ie. a shootout). So that being said, generally investors want a product in return (in this case a watch). So, is your friend really making that much money when all is said and done? I'm not so sure. It seems he is heavily discounting his product to raise this money so (without knowing his cost structure) I question whether this campaign is actually as good as it seems...

Am I the only one thinking this or am I missing something here guys?

Kickstarter

Quote: (03-13-2013 08:23 AM)gandt Wrote:  

I am skeptical about this... If you look at the breakdown of the contributors, almost no one contributes for nothing in return (ie. a shootout). So that being said, generally investors want a product in return (in this case a watch). So, is your friend really making that much money when all is said and done? I'm not so sure. It seems he is heavily discounting his product to raise this money so (without knowing his cost structure) I question whether this campaign is actually as good as it seems...

By pre selling, you eliminate the risk of investing your own capital.

Also, I'd say the prices they are selling the watches for are about what they will wholesale for to retailers, perhaps more, so they are making just as much per watch while taking little to no financial risk.

I haven't looked at kickstarter in a while, but watches seem to do well on there for some reason.

Kickstarter

"Nobody wants to contribute for nothing in return" is a mantra of business.

What the watchmaker getss in return is the fact that he's a watchmaker with $200k behind him. Even if he has to give all that back, it's covered the costs of bringing his brand to market to a wide audience.

Imagine without the Internet. If he wanted to be a watchmaker without funding, how many decades worth of selling $200 watches would it take before he had raised the same funds?

Presumably his start-up costs (i.e. the 10k he wanted) were covering his initial business plan - equipment, marketing, getting the first customers, his survival budget for the startup etc. The company will have achieved all that more than 10 times over.

Demonstrate that sort of thing to an investor and you'll find backing easily. He also is now aware that there is a massive (maybe global)demand for the products he is offering.

Companies would give away their shit for years if they could guarantee that sort of thing. Remember retail giants are often loss-leaders for years during start-up.

Kickstarter

Quote: (03-13-2013 08:44 AM)Kitsune Wrote:  

"Nobody wants to contribute for nothing in return" is a mantra of business.

What the watchmaker getss in return is the fact that he's a watchmaker with $200k behind him. Even if he has to give all that back, it's covered the costs of bringing his brand to market to a wide audience.

Imagine without the Internet. If he wanted to be a watchmaker without funding, how many decades worth of selling $200 watches would it take before he had raised the same funds?

Presumably his start-up costs (i.e. the 10k he wanted) were covering his initial business plan - equipment, marketing, getting the first customers, his survival budget for the startup etc. The company will have achieved all that more than 10 times over.

Demonstrate that sort of thing to an investor and you'll find backing easily. He also is now aware that there is a massive (maybe global)demand for the products he is offering.

Companies would give away their shit for years if they could guarantee that sort of thing. Remember retail giants are often loss-leaders for years during start-up.

Okay, I definitely understand both of the above points and after browsing the site some more I think it does have some tremendous value for businesses. So I guess what I am wondering is if it is as beneficial for one off project (ie. someone who does not have all the infrastructure in place for an online store and is just looking to run a campaighn for a month to make some money)??

Kickstarter

Kickstarter is a bit like "The Dragons Den" for the masses. Well, maybe not the masses since I'm pretty sure Kickstarter only allow a small number of proposals submited to even be listed on their site in the first place. As they should.

But this sort of funding is awesome. Ideal for a business where the owners don't mind putting in sweat equity, rather than drawing a salary, but can't or don't want to self finance inventory. Very disruptive. You go direct to the market for financing, at least initially, rather than having to convince a bankster that the market loves your product. Which is obviously near impossible for a genuine start-up with an innovative new product.

The watches above wouldn't be my cup of tea, but all the power to your three friends for getting this off the ground. They are unique, and I'm not surprised they have a good amount of interest.

Kickstarter

Kickstarter really is an amazing service - it really eliminates any excuses you can come with to not follow through with an idea. I launched a pretty big project earlier this week and as of right now I'm on pace to hit my $40K goal.

I really owe alot to Roosh and this forum for giving me the confidence to quit my shitty job and take a chance with this business. It know its a risky move as I'm identifying myself, but I'd be happy to send the link to my project in a PM to anyone who wants to see it or support it.

Kickstarter

Quote: (08-03-2013 09:01 AM)americanbk Wrote:  

Kickstarter really is an amazing service - it really eliminates any excuses you can come with to not follow through with an idea. I launched a pretty big project earlier this week and as of right now I'm on pace to hit my $40K goal.

I really owe alot to Roosh and this forum for giving me the confidence to quit my shitty job and take a chance with this business. It know its a risky move as I'm identifying myself, but I'd be happy to send the link to my project in a PM to anyone who wants to see it or support it.

Well done Americanbk. I'm guessing you intend to use the money to for inventory, maybe some final product refinements. Seems to be what many n kickstarter intend to use the money for. When you have time it would be great if you could write general data sheet on your experiences with kickstarter. Not necessary to reveal your project.

Kickstarter

This would be perfect for people in the manosphere; we could eventually parlay it into making our own media.

Kickstarter

Kickstarter, Indie a Go Go, Emphas.is...all can be useful. I've got a buddy who makes films and Kickstarter is one way he drums up cash and in the near future I may use Emphas.is. I'd rather try to raise the cash on my own but this is obviously not always possible.