rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

being funny, witty, sarcastic gotta go

I think it's working against my game....

I am going to try to talk to them just like guys. (not thinking ahead, not trying to impress etc)

what do you guys think?

Quote: (06-06-2012 08:49 PM)Sebastian Wrote:  

I am going to try to talk to them just like guys. (not thinking ahead, not trying to impress etc)

what do you guys think?

If you have a dry sarcastic sense of humor it can go over people heads often, esp. when drinking!

Quote: (06-06-2012 08:56 PM)_DC_ Wrote:  

If you have a dry sarcastic sense of humor it can go over people heads often, esp. when drinking!

that's a good point. you have to calibrate your sense of humor to the crowd. otherwise you are saying things that you find hilarious but everyone else is just staring at you blankly, emptily.

but in general, I think being funny is necessary. if you say a lot of funny and/or outrageous things it gives girls an excuse to hit you, pinch you, grab you, etc.

I don't know man. My sarcastic nature works with some girls and turns a lot of t hem off. Just depends on who you're dealing with.

If a girl likes you, she'll laugh at any stupid shit you say.

I used to be pretty self-conscious about my sense of humor because it is super dry, which got me singled out from a lot of the goofy guys around me. But as with most parts of your personality, you WILL see positive results if you learn how to leverage it properly.

The problem with a lot of "sarcastic" humor types is that they come off like they're grumpy at the world, which can kill the vibe. I've gotten a TON of laughs by taking that ability to keep a straight face and saying absolutely outrageous things.

Just remember to always be playful, this game requires a partner to play.

Everyone i met has either thought i was the funniest person on the world or a asshole... it has hurt my game sometimes cause even if i dont know you an you set yourself up for me to make a funny but rude remark im going for it... Honey Badger Dont Care!!

Im not gonna dial back my witty nature to appear cool or more desirable to snooty bitches... i say things i find funny to entertain myself

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

no wonder this chick never laughed at my jokes... she was always drunk

As long as you are not overdoing it and being a straight asshole, any chick who has a bitchy attitude about it has no sense of humor and all you did was weed her out. Some girls just like to get pissed off over anything. If they have this type of personality, you don't want to waste your time on them.

For online game with Thai girls I've been using the line "How many old farang have sent you message already? [Image: tongue.gif]*" on girls with new profiles because they get straight bombarded by old dudes. Girls will respond with "hahahah blah blah blah" most of the time. However, I had one girl respond with some shit like "If you want to meet lady, treat her with respect, not as you treated me!" This is exactly the type of chick I would NOT want to meet or waste any time on. Even though she is hot, she would be a waste of time because our personalities would not clash as she is obviously a bitch.

If you are truly being "funny and sarcastic" all you are doing is weeding out the lame asses. You have to take a look at yourself though and make sure you aren't actually being a straight up prick.

*Thai girls love emoticons, don't give me shit motherfuckers lol.

Rio hit the nail on the head. I can tell what guys I would get along with on here because I'm a smart ass that's always joking around and a lot of people are boring ass manicans. I just can't deal with girls with nasty, bitchy attitudes (95% of American girls) or people that are always in bad moods.

Sebastian, if that's how you really are I wouldn't try to stray away from it to much. I think you have to be somewhat yourself with girls unless you're a great actor. Personally, I can really only be me. Just don't be a straight up asshole though. Experiment and see what happens.

Just be your BEST self and comfortable around (beautiful) girls...There is no need for negging (unless she is asking for it) You don't NEED to impress, but stay confident and she will be impressed even more.

what do you guys think?

Being funny, witty, and sarcastic is working against your game?!?!?

Impossible. Unless you are trying to game girls in church or something like that!

Maybe you think you are being funny but really you are just acting like a clown. Maybe you think you are being witty but the girls just think you are lame. (I'm just saying)

Are you sure you are in the right Fishbowl?

Humor can be misinterpreted sometimes. What is funny to one person, is stupid to another.

Are these American girls? How old?

Being funny and witty is almost always a good thing with women. I think you just need to fine tune your sense of humor.

This. Why would you try to impress someone who is inferior to you???

Quote: (06-07-2012 09:14 AM)houston Wrote:  

I just can't deal with girls with nasty, bitchy attitudes (95% of American girls)

Is is really that bad? I was in Texas once and I thought the girls were so friendly and sweet. The whites, blacks, and mexicanas. If Texas is bad, wait til you get to LA, NYC, Miami!!

Quote: (06-07-2012 09:30 AM)Giovonny Wrote:  

I just can't deal with girls with nasty, bitchy attitudes (95% of American girls)

Is is really that bad? I was in Texas once and I thought the girls were so friendly and sweet. The whites, blacks, and mexicanas. If Texas is bad, wait til you get to LA, NYC, Miami!!

There's some royal cunts in NJ as well. North Jersey girls are much friendlier and open to conversation in my experience. Any girls that live in the sticks may be super easy to bang but are no way relationship material. Holy fuck I have some stories!! [Image: lol.gif]

Team Nachos

Yeah, I've found you really gotta dumb down humor for most women to get it. Call em out on it if they don't get it...even more so if they fake a laugh

Quote: (06-07-2012 09:30 AM)Giovonny Wrote:  

I wouldn't say they're Southern sweethearts like some people seem to believe on here. Kind of hard to generalize a state of 22 million. I've dealt with some East Coast girls who moved down here. I pretty much go at them like black girls. Really "man up" and take charge with them. I'm not struggling to deal with anyone really. I know what I need to do to get the job done but yes, I am annoyed a lot of times. I should of worded my original response different. I'll do good anywhere. I might feel like punching a bitch in the face or attacking her with a broken bottle, BUT I do what I gotta do to get some ass. They say if you can pull a Htown hoe, you can pull a hoe anywhere [Image: lol.gif] i m just high and rambling talking shit. I hope I make sense.

what do you guys think?

The highlighted portion is the issue, you "care too much". Girls have a disgustingly accurate 6th sense for "trying to game". If I could write a book it would be called "1,000,000 failures" contrary to Roosh's 30 bangs.

Thinking ahead causes relapses in conversations, trying to impress means you're not confident in your life stories so far. So fix both as fast as you can!

Quote: (06-07-2012 12:18 AM)houston Wrote:  

I don't know man. My sarcastic nature works with some girls and turns a lot of t hem off. Just depends on who you're dealing with.
Houston has a point; while game is (at least practically) universal, the same can't always be said for the details of it.

Overdoing it on sarcasm with certain girls, like country types, can make you seem arrogant/gay/bitter. Best used with city slickers and liberal chicks.

Honestly, I'm at my wittiest and funniest when I don't think ahead. Whenever I just say what's on my mind it usually yields the best results. Maybe you are trying too hard with some of the girls? If you've never seen Californication I highly recommend watching a few episodes to pick up some cues on the sarcastic/witty game. Seasons 2-4 are pretty good.

I think this is where catching interest signals from her comes into play. The more interest you notice from her the harder you can go with sarcasm/humor, which i direct mainly towards the girl. I wouldn't try to be funny or sarcastic about someone passing by or a TV show a lot. I like making fun/teasing girls, it works and gives me a kick out of it as well [Image: biggrin.gif]

I have a problem where the girl initially responds well to the sarcasm and playful teasing so I do it too much and I feel like the girl loses interest. I think Roissy had a post exactly about this, I need to go look it up.