rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Mid Aug to Mid Sep

Mid Aug to Mid Sep

So I'll have a 3-4 week window to travel from mid August to mid September. I'll have a budget of about $4k for play money, not including airfare. Places on my short list are:

1) Return to BKK, a place I LOVE LOVE LOVE and some more. With 4k I can have an awesome time there. I know what to expect from the City of Angels as I lived there for almost 5 months between end of 2010 and 2011.

2) Return to the Phils, a place I enjoyed and would go to Davao and other towns in the area. With 4$, I will be balling there.

3) Go to the Dominican Republic. It's considered the Phils of the Western world and I'd want to check it out. For a first timer, which city would you recommend? Knowing that I'm not into black girls or the ghetto look but more into the white or morenas flaquitas? And a nice chill beach would be cool too. How is 4K play money there for a month? Is it enough to basically go out evernight without worry of money?

4) Colombia. Again, for a first timer, which city would you recommend? I understand spanish and can speak it decently. Money wise, is 4K enough for a 30 day period there to have a great time?

5) Finally, returning to my first love and former favorite playground, my beloved Brasil and go spend some time in Rio and in Joao Pessoa. I've been to Brasil numerous times and do speak Portuguese fluently so lingo is not a problem for me. Chochemonger, how's JP in August weather wise and fun wise, meaning any festivals, events etc...?

So some awesome options but I'm undecided...thoughts and suggestions guys?

Also, what's the weather like in the DR, Colombia and the Phils around that time? Isn't it the rainy season in the Phils and the hurricane season in the DR?

Thanks guys!

Mid Aug to Mid Sep

Be careful at this time. It is monsoon and hurricane season. Yes, you can luck out, but it can get awfully boring and inconvenient if you are in a town when a tropical disturbance comes your way.

Mid Aug to Mid Sep

You probably wouldn't be crazy about DR then. Most of the country is ghetto and black. In the DR you can hook up with 6's all day long, but it's hard work to find 8+. Also, your vacation window in the middle of hurricane season makes it an easy choice to strike off the list.

Bangkok could be the best choice. You still sound passionate about it. You'll have the nostalgia effect of visiting after being away for a while. And the contacts and friendships you made will still be fresh after only one year absence.

Mid Aug to Mid Sep

If the yen wasn't so damn strong I'd tell you to get back to Japan. However, if you have only a month it seems like choosing BKK, Phils, and DR would make the most sense $-wise and give you enough quality time in each city. In other words I'd try to spend at least a week in whatever destinations you end up choosing.

Mid Aug to Mid Sep

Thanks guys for the feedback.
Yeah the fact that it would be right during hurricane season will be eliminating the DR from that list, too bad as I really wanted to finally make it there.

Colombia, I'm kind of unsure about it, yes there are raving reports but also less raving ones, we'll see still not sure which city in Colombia would be the best for the bang for a first timer. Anyone can chip in on this?

BKK, yes I know it well and know I'll be having a ball there and I could also use it as a base to explore other places in the area, not only within LOS but in the region such as Singapore and Hongkong as well as KL and Bali.

Speaking of exploring the region, China's stock has been increasing in my mind and in my priorities as I've only heard positives about it not just girls wise but also overall vibe and since I do plan on spending a year or 2 in China in the very near future, a reconaissance trip wouldn't be a bad idea.

YG, trust me man I would LOVE to return to Tokyo and Japan but as you pointed out, the very strong Yen is a big obstacle, but you never know...a couple of extra sales in my biz and even Tokyo can be more than feasible and I'll be working hard on that...

Another place that is coming very strong in contention is the Phils. Lately I've been chatting with a lot of sexy girls from there who are saying they're waiting for me. And with that kind of budget, there's not much I wouldn't be able to do while there so that's definitely an option. A question to those who have spent considerable time there such as Neil, CM etc...how's the weather there around mid Aug to mid September? Weather wise, which area is best to focus on and which one is best avoided?

Once again, thanks everyone for all the feedback!Keep'em coming![Image: smile.gif]

Mid Aug to Mid Sep

When I think of summer (Mid Aug to Mid Sep) I think:

1. European Topless Beaches ie France, Spain. Why not France? Also I think about Croatia and those other beaches but I have never been.

2. NYC. Fashion week is then. Perfect weather (for there anyway), US Open etc.

3. Montreal

4. Alternate - Southern California. Not for me anymore, but Summer in LA, OC or at The Del Mar Racetrack or San Diego is the best time to be there.

I know those are not on your list, but for that time of year, that is what I am thinking.