rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Travel insurance / medical insurance

I've been travelling for over a year now and my travel insurance has run out. I've gone without this for a while but because I'm going to be in some places where medical costs can be very expensive Canada/US I think it may be a good idea to be covered.

Does anyone have any good recommendation for cover that you can buy whilst you are travelling? Most regular travel insurance policies cover you from your home country and you are unable to buy them from outside of the country. I'm from the UK if this makes any difference.

The main part I'm interested in is the medical cover I don't mind the risk of losing my possessions.

I've been covered by World Nomads for a few years now. Good reputation for simple, complete coverage and relatively inexpensive insurance for travellers (as opposed to vacationers.)

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?

Thanks I've just dropped them an email. I'm not sure if you can buy travel insurance from them when you are already travelling. Is this something you've done in the past?

Yes, you can and yes, I have.

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?

Quote: (05-30-2012 12:06 PM)Soma Wrote:  

I've been covered by World Nomads for a few years now. Good reputation for simple, complete coverage and relatively inexpensive insurance for travellers (as opposed to vacationers.)

Yes World Nomads insurance can be bought after you leave.

Excellent, great link Soma, I just looked in their FAQ and they confirm this. Even if I don't have to use it at least it cures the regular headache from my parents bugging me about this, +1 from me.

I use HTH Worldwide

I've been relying on my platinum amex travel insurance. So far got paid a trip to the hospital and treatment overseas without an issue. Anyone know if this will also cover stuff that isn't just minor?