rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Cooking in Europe

Cooking in Europe

OK guys, so I'm going to live abroad pretty soon for about five months. Getting my plane tickets this week and putting all my shit together. Gonna stay in Central/Eastern Europe.

My biggest question is food. Though I'm doing this for college there is no meal plan. Can anyone point me in the direction of a manly man's cookbook or a few standard meals they would eat while in Germany/Austria?
Budget DIY type shit is preferable. I'm not a complete moron in the kitchen.

Thanks
Hades

Cooking in Europe

Quote: (05-29-2012 11:41 PM)Hades Wrote:  

OK guys, so I'm going to live abroad pretty soon for about five months. Getting my plane tickets this week and putting all my shit together. Gonna stay in Central/Eastern Europe.

My biggest question is food. Though I'm doing this for college there is no meal plan. Can anyone point me in the direction of a manly man's cookbook or a few standard meals they would eat while in Germany/Austria?
Budget DIY type shit is preferable. I'm not a complete moron in the kitchen.

Thanks
Hades

Just cook what you would cook in the States. You might wanna sample the bigger and better variety of bread, sausages and beers but apart from that, there's not going to be much of a difference.

Store chains like Lidl, Penny, Aldi are cheaper, although they can lack in variety a bit.

Cooking in Europe

In the States, vegetables and fruit are supposedly more expensive than in Germany and since its summer, you can get a lot of regional stuff for cheap. Dont where you are going to live, but check out the local markets, some are very cheap.