rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Any of you ever feel like this?

Do any of you get depressed? and you feel as if everything in life seemed pointless, and you didn't care about anything any more.I feel like that from time to time,especially when I realize there's a huge difference between the person I want to be and the person I am at the moment.or when i look at others with envy wishing I could have what they have.

When I'm in this mood i get negative thoughts for a long time..Like I will never progress in life and will never reach the goals i have set for myself.

If any of you guys have been there and have felt like this before..My question is How do you get out of it??Or any recommendations you think would help.

Quote: (05-28-2012 03:18 PM)Jiggalt Wrote:  

Do any of you get depressed? and you feel as if everything in life seemed pointless, and you didn't care about anything any more.I feel like that from time to time,especially when I realize there's a huge difference between the person I want to be and the person I am at the moment.or when i look at others with envy wishing I could have what they have.

When I'm in this mood i get negative thoughts for a long time..Like I will never progress in life and will never reach the goals i have set for myself.

If any of you guys have been there and have felt like this before..My question is How do you get out of it??Or any recommendations you think would help.

Compulsive exercise. I find relatively strenuous aerobic exercise, like bike riding and running, to have a very positive effect on my mood. If you have been at it for a while the effect sticks with you even if you can't do it for a week or so. Weight training helps too, but I find that is more useful for your physique than mind.

It's hormonal man. Clean up your diet and start lifting heavy like everyone said. Once you get your testosterone levels straight you'll feel better, more alive and clear headed.

The other part of it is breaking yourself of recursive thinking or obsessive thoughts. Pick up a book and read. Focus on something other what brought you down. Do something that requires creativity. Listen to music. Play an instrument. Draw. Paint. Write. Anything.

Team Nachos

Physical exercise surely does help, but physical exercise alone cannot mute the sirens. One cannot find meaning in life, only add meaning to it. Or, perhaps more pessimistically, one can at best hope to find some activities that make one's existence barely tolerable.

In the old days, when humans lived in small communities, one would compare himself to a small group of people. Now that the village has gone global, there seem to be lots of people above us, and since it is in one's nature to compare oneself to those above, rather than to those below, endless dissatisfaction with oneself is the likely result. As the old Roissy once wrote:

"The best way to gain perspective is to focus on those below you. The best way to gain motivation is to focus on those above you. Strike a balance."

"The great secret of happiness in love is to be glad that the other fellow married her." – H.L. Mencken

Every time I get down in the dumps, I think about my goals in life, about how I want to learn how to lay a large variety of women and have an interesting/well traveled life. Then I think about what will happen if I don't leave Bumfuck, USA and find my own path. I've got all kinds of friends who graduated highschool and they're basically scum, they still live with their parents and they work menial jobs for shit pay with no decent woman to go home to (some of them have girlfriends but they're like 5's).

A lot of your old friends will scorn you for the path you're taking, your family might want to shame you into being a whipped beta male, but the fact of the matter is, these people do not give a shit about your success. They revel in mediocrity and are validated by your mediocrity.

Many people would rather go through life thinking they're better than everybody, working their shit jobs, going home to four ungrateful little shits and a fat wife, eating prepackaged overprocessed shit food, and pretending to know more than other people because of their age or so-called life experiences. Many people would rather go through that shit than get out of their comfort zone and experience some fucking personal growth.

I know so many people who have been ruined for lack of game. I have friends who knocked up women and are wageslaving for the child support. I know guys who are in their 40's who are working factory jobs because their wife divorced them and took away all their assets. I even know alcoholics in their 30's and 40's who haven't gotten laid since they were teenagers.

Take little steps towards your goals every day and you won't recognize yourself in a year.

“I have a very simple rule when it comes to management: hire the best people from your competitors, pay them more than they were earning, and give them bonuses and incentives based on their performance. That’s how you build a first-class operation.”
― Donald J. Trump

If you want some PDF's on bodyweight exercise with little to no equipment, send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Exercise is definitely important.

Regular access to the sun is really important. Sunlight can have a huge effect on your mood.

Another is having smaller goals. You mentioned that you have goals that you think you will never achieve. One important thing to do is break your goals down into smaller, more readily achievable goals. For instance, if one of your goals is to get over your approach anxiety and sleep with a girl that you meet on the street, you’re probably not going to be able to do that in a week or two. Make a goal of opening two girls a day every day for two weeks. Then up it to three. Then, have a goal of talking to one girl for at least 10 minutes. Then have a goal of getting a girl’s number, etc. But here’s the important thing, each time you achieve one of your smaller goals, FEEL GOOD ABOUT IT. You’ve done something that you couldn’t have done a year or even a few months ago, and something a lot of guys never will. Take pleasure in the fact that you’ve accomplished something. And then go push yourself some more.

Anything worth doing in life is hard. If it wasn’t, everybody would do it.

Read the preface of the 48 Laws of Power.

Then listen to this song:

I think it's all about building a correct mindset. I used to experience what you're talking about once but now that I started learning game/working out/just focusing more on myself realizing how miserable and unsuccesful we are compared to other people spurs me to do better and go harder every day.
Like the Black Mamba himself once said (thats Kobe Bryant for you miscreants out there) "If you don't believe in yourself, nobody will". Just take little steps towards being a better person and achieving what you want everyday and like Hannibal said you won't recognize yourself in one year's time. Also, never be too harsh on yourself, knowing that you're trying hard and doing what oughts to be done is all that should matter to you.

I would also consider taking St Johns Wort as well to see if that helps. It's been known to work wonders if u get a good solid brand. Perika and Kira are considered 2 good brands. SJW helps modulate some of the neurotransmitters in your brain similar to antidepressants without the side effects (or the withdrawal, usually).

Quote: (05-30-2012 09:09 PM)HiFlo Wrote:  

I would also consider taking St Johns Wort as well to see if that helps. It's been known to work wonders if u get a good solid brand. Perika and Kira are considered 2 good brands. SJW helps modulate some of the neurotransmitters in your brain similar to antidepressants without the side effects (or the withdrawal, usually).

Seconded. I've been using it to take the edges off the rough days for years, and it works really well, and really fast for me.

Quote: (05-30-2012 09:23 PM)Capitán Peligroso Wrote:  

Quote: (05-30-2012 09:09 PM)HiFlo Wrote:  

Seconded. I've been using it to take the edges off the rough days for years, and it works really well, and really fast for me.
Someone should write up a sheet on this for the Lifestyle section. I've heard about it before...

I'm going to be plugging hard aerobics all day long. When was the last time you heard of depressed track runners? Long distance bikers? Swimmers?

It takes a while to kick in but once you have been at it for a good two months you notice the difference in spades. For me at least, it is way harder to dwell on negative thoughts.

Granted this takes a significant time investment, but I think it is preferable to pumping yourself full of mind altering drugs, whether they are prescribed by a doctor or not.

Being depressed is like being on a drug that gives you emotional tunnel vision. It makes you think that it is the only reality. But, the bad feeling isn't necessarily you. You are not your emotions. Remind yourself of that. In time, the depression will probably pass. You must be pro-active about it. Try to get a different perspective. Do something that you don't normally do. Eat better, exercise. If it doesn't go away, go to a psychiatrist.

As I get older, I don't get psyched out by bad feelings as much as I used to. It's ok to have bad feelings sometimes- people used to call it getting the blues. Nowadays, everyone is supposed to be happy 24/7.

I also don't get psyched up as much either. Essentially, I take a perspective that most feelings are passing, like the weather, but do not represent my core.

Sounds like you have more of an issue of confidence, that you doubt you can become the person you wanna be. It's at times like these you should motivate yourself and try harder to break whatever plateau (not slump) you are at in life. Realize that every great figure in history, and every person you envy is/was still human like you, and that with due diligence you can surpass that person you want to be.

Even if you're working out, improving your style, getting more money, or improving your game, you might not see immediate results from girls or in terms of happiness, but the changes have some lag time before you see some return on your investment. Be patient and keep attacking every opportunity you get to improve yourself.

http://artofmanliness.com/2008/01/10/inc...overnight/

You sound like you also could benefit from reading "The 50th Law" by Robert Greeene