rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

proof of ongoing travel

proof of ongoing travel

Say you want to take a trip somewhere that requires you to show a ticket leaving in order to get a visa. And let's say you don't know when you want to leave, you just want to buy your return ticket whenever you're ready to leave. How do you get around this? I know when I went to get my Brazilian visa, it was a requirement to show them my reservations so they could verify that I had a ticket leaving. Sure, I can always change the date on the ticket once I get there, but that cost fees to do. Any ideas on how to bypass this?

proof of ongoing travel

I remember reading this, hopefully this helps:

http://travelvice.com/archive/2006/03/fa...ickets.php

proof of ongoing travel

Two words: Fake itinerary.

Come on bro, I thought you knew this [Image: smile.gif]

proof of ongoing travel

In Brazil I believe there is no way around it. I just bought a ticket to Argentina because it was cheap. I figured if I end up wanting to stay longer, I'm only burning $150 as apposed to a lot more trying to return to the US.

proof of ongoing travel

I flew into Brazil on a one way ticket from Buenos Aires. They didn't check shit or ask me any questions.

proof of ongoing travel

Call the airlines. Or a travel agent.

You should be able to buy an open ended type ticket that has an expiration date.

Or

You could get a round trip ticket with a real far off return date. Then just change the date of your flight and pay the fee.

Does that make sense?

Aloha!

proof of ongoing travel

There are plenty of airlines online that let you reserve (but not pay for) flights.

Just reserve a flight, they will send you the email. Edit the email to make it look like a confirmation and print it.

proof of ongoing travel

Quote: (11-19-2009 06:13 PM)Lumiere Wrote:  

There are plenty of airlines online that let you reserve (but not pay for) flights.

Just reserve a flight, they will send you the email. Edit the email to make it look like a confirmation and print it.

Oh yeah forgot about this one. How did you get your visa with only a one way ticket though? Did you get the visa in BA?

proof of ongoing travel

Visa? What's that?

Dude, I am English. I don't need a visa to go anywhere (with a few exceptions like China, Russia).

proof of ongoing travel

Quote: (11-19-2009 07:18 PM)Lumiere Wrote:  

Visa? What's that?

Dude, I am English. I don't need a visa to go anywhere (with a few exceptions like China, Russia).

Awe, that's right. The way Brazil does it is if Brazilians have to have a visa for your country, you have to have one for Brazil. I think that ends up hurting them in the long run. I have two friends that were budget traveling in SA and didn't go to Brazil because it was going to cost them $2-300 to enter.

proof of ongoing travel

Yeah I know. They, like a lot of countries, have a reciprocal system whereby they mirror the barrier that Brazilians have to get into your country.

Blame US foreign policy.

proof of ongoing travel

I've never been able to not talk my way out of this. Just roll up really friendly and say you haven't purchased your bus/plane ticket yet. Give him exact details of where you plan to go so he thinks you are truthful.
You can even act it out and say "If you want I can buy it tomorrow and come back." If the clerk likes you they'll tell you not to worry about it. You can social engineer this one.

proof of ongoing travel

Quote: (11-19-2009 05:57 PM)Brandon E Wrote:  

I just bought a ticket to Argentina because it was cheap.

How much did it cost you?