rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Speed Dating Event Refuses Chicks Over a Size 10!

http://living.msn.com/love-relationships...cb0b5c0ddd

We can all quibble about whether a woman that wears a Size 10 is truly fat (I'm just fine with Christina Hendricks), but it's the premise that matters - the first shot in the war against fatties has been fired!

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Quote:Quote:

As a non-size 8 or lower female, its insulting, but, whatever, I wouldn't want to date a guy that is that hung up on looks anyway. However, what really irked me in this article was that the men didn't have a size requirement! Why not hold both genders to the same standard? Thats a bunch of bull.

[Image: womanhamster.gif]

I wonder ...Do they have a scale at the sign up table?
Move along Bertha. Nothing to see here!! [Image: lol.gif]

They had speed dating at a bar I went to one time. It was $20. I did it out of sheer novelty. Didn't even get one female to say that she liked me.

Actually you check which girl you like on your sheet and she checks which dude she likes and if there is mutual interest they let you know a few days later by e-mail.

Buncha fatties and uglies. Maybe 1 or 2 cute girls. Big waste of time and money in my opinion.

I do better day gaming and at bars. I get approached outright.

Has any one here actually gotten laid off this?

Team Nachos

Quote: (05-24-2012 01:55 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

They had speed dating at a bar I went to one time. It was $20. I did it out of sheer novelty. Didn't even get one female to say that she liked me.

Actually you check which girl you like on your sheet and she checks which dude she likes and if there is mutual interest they let you know a few days later by e-mail.

Buncha fatties and uglies. Maybe 1 or 2 cute girls. Big waste of time and money in my opinion.

I guess they imposed the size requirements to cut down on the fatties and fugs! Think about it...who normally attends these things? People like you, you do it just for the novelty and out of curiousity, and the desperate - fatties and fugs. Anyone decent looking with real prospects is probably going about it in the more conventional ways. Some of these events are pre-screened, to ensure the participants are good looking.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

If only the cookie and cake aisles in supermarkets had the same criteria.

Quote: (05-24-2012 01:48 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Quote:Quote:

As a non-size 8 or lower female, its insulting, but, whatever, I wouldn't want to date a guy that is that hung up on looks anyway. However, what really irked me in this article was that the men didn't have a size requirement! Why not hold both genders to the same standard? Thats a bunch of bull.

[Image: womanhamster.gif]

Yep. This is typical hamsterism. I watched the HBO documentary "The Weight of the Nation," and one of the obese chicks that was interviewed for the piece echoed a common theme I've seen online. She spoke honestly about wanting a romantic life, and eventual family. Then a little fatitude kicked in. She didn't want a chubby-chaser. She didn't want a fetishist or to be objectified. She didn't want a guy that wanted her BECAUSE she was fat. She wanted to be wanted INSPITE of her size. They can't get through their heads that you can't separate out the physical attraction component. It doesn't work that way. They want a man to look past his own wants and needs simply for her benefit. No amount of pleasantness of personality can make a man overlook how fat you are, and how unattractive you are to him. It's just fine if you're resigned to being obese. You just can't expect the average man to overlook it. You can either be with the guy that likes you as you are (isn't that what most women want? To be accepted as is?), or you can be alone.

The thing that always weirds me out about the 'I don't want a guy who wouldn't want me because of...' thing is what do they want in the end?

'I wouldn't want a guy who couldn't cope with me being fat!'
'I wouldn't want a guy who couldn't deal with me being poor'
'I wouldn't want a guy who wanted me to wear makeup whenI won't'
'i wouldn't want a guy who wanted a stay-at-home mom'

Or whatever. Because invariably, they'll say 'I want a guy who wants me for who I am,' despite the fact that that entails being all the things listed above.

I guess that is why it's called the hamster. There is no winnable compromise.

[Image: 1233928590_citizen kane clapping.gif]

To just have the nerve to show up at this kind of event being a fattie... oh boy it'd be awkward being placed across from a whale.

Quote: (05-24-2012 01:45 PM)Timoteo Wrote:  

We can all quibble about whether a woman that wears a Size 10 is truly fat (I'm just fine with Christina Hendricks), but it's the premise that matters - the first shot in the war against fatties has been fired!

Christina Hendricks is fat. She prob wears a corset most of the time. I used to think she was hot too, until I saw clips of her from Drive. She looks sloppy.

Her in an episode of firefly. Her face looks like she put on 10-20 pounds

Christina Hendricks is not even a real redhead. She's naturally blonde. F her.

Team Nachos

I'm tired of this "Size 10," "Size 8" bullshit.

Those numbers are meaningless since clothing companies have shifted their standards to make fat bitches feel skinnier than they really are. They'll even fudge the numbers from one season to the next. There's now even a "Size 0" and even a double zero. Those didn't exist 12 or 15 years ago. I want real metrics, not these arbitrary numbers! That means waist, hip, and tit size in inches (or centimeters).

Good example of the distortion in practice (from Internet macro image):

[Image: attachment.jpg6357]   

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

That Size 16 is sexy to me. I would definitely take her over the Size 4-8, and maybe the Size 12 too because she appears to be smooth and solid, not sloppy. Point taken though - US sizing is skewed. It actually measurements in inches, and the eyeball test are the only true measures. I've always found women's clothing sizes to be confusing.

Quote: (05-24-2012 04:13 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

I'm tired of this "Size 10," "Size 8" bullshit.

Those numbers are meaningless since clothing companies have shifted their standards to make fat bitches feel skinnier than they really are. They'll even fudge the numbers from one season to the next. There's now even a "Size 0" and even a double zero. Those didn't exist 12 or 15 years ago. I want real metrics, not these arbitrary numbers! That means waist, hip, and tit size in inches (or centimeters).

Good example of the distortion in practice (from Internet macro image):

Those bitches must be 6 foot 2

Quote: (05-24-2012 01:55 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

I did it twice this year, been meaning to put out a data sheet of sorts. First time was great, second time not so much. All depends on the girls that show up (the 2nd time was atrocious, the 1st time I was very pleasantly surprised). On the first trip, banged a 6, a 7 and got some naked time with another 7 before she went MIA. It's really really easy if you are just not a freak. The competition is absurdly minimal.

I'll try to write something up this weekend. It's not all fun and games, the 2nd time with one "girl" I had to inflict self pain not to laugh, as I was stuck talking to an asian he-she with facial hair and a hairdo mimicking Jamie Foxx from Booty Call died blonde.

I found this website awhile back, that has pictures of girls with their height, weight and size. For a girl of average height, 5'5", size 8 is actually borderline. Could be fat or thin:

[Image: 4.jpg]

[Image: 2.jpg]

[Image: 2.jpg]

[Image: 1.jpg]

Most of the size 10s at that height are decidedly chubsters, but a few look thin:

[Image: 3.jpg]

This chick is 5'8" and a 10:

I don't understand women's sizing at all. Either these girls are misstating their size, or sizing varies so much among brands and they're just stating the size of their favorite brand or pair of jeans.

BMI is probably a way better measure, eg, no girls over 23 BMI, 24 if they play sports.

Slubu, do you know of any in LA? I'd be down to try it. I came across one awhile back and looked up reviews, and people were accusing the joint of paying girls to come who would then say no to everyone, lol.

I went to one in college for kicks, and yeah, it was easy but nothing really came of it. I brought a book along and would tell girls "yeah, if you're boring, I'll just read, it's cool." They've been primed to expect a boring litany of questions, and that's what the other guys will do. If you avoid that, and keep it light, you'll have no time differentiating yourself.

Sizing on women's clothing is totally arbitrary. The best way to explain it would be to imagine shoe sizing. It's funny because mens clothing makes sense as the sizes are measurements and yet most men don't care too much about their appearance. Women OTOH, obsess over their appearance, yet any night out in any city or town will provide countless examples of women who stuff 10lbs of shit into a 5lb bag

Because of vanity sizing, different companies' sizes may fit differently. For sure higher end lines would probably abuse vanity sizing less than brands found at walmart and target.

As long as her stomach is flat and her arms and thighs aren't thick or flabby, I'm good... because I'm not too hung up on clothing sizes. The problem is when women start calling themselves "curvy" when they're just plain fat. Rolls aren't curves, they're waves.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Quote: (05-24-2012 03:39 PM)UgSlayer Wrote:  

Christina Hendricks is fat. She prob wears a corset most of the time. I used to think she was hot too, until I saw clips of her from Drive. She looks sloppy.

CH is ideal for me. I'd bang. [Image: banana.gif] [Image: banana.gif] [Image: banana.gif] [Image: banana.gif]

Quote: (05-24-2012 07:23 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

This one could get it too. But yes, women sizing is confusing even to women and most clothing manufacturers have been sliding the sizing scale on their products, in efforts to make women feel better I suppose?

If she thinks she's a size 8 in your products but a size 10 fits her in other stuff, she'll be more apt to buy your stuff no?

Quote: (05-26-2012 11:27 PM)silent_scope Wrote:  

This one could get it too. But yes, women sizing is confusing even to women and most clothing manufacturers have been sliding the sizing scale on their products, in efforts to make women feel better I suppose?

If she thinks she's a size 8 in your products but a size 10 fits her in other stuff, she'll be more apt to buy your stuff no?

I think this is an advanced case of hiding her flab. If you look at her midsection it looks like she's really sucking it in.

She's pushing her tits out, but I bet if her shoulders were slightly more forward in a natural pose, she'd have much more apparent arm flab.

Her thighs are downright gross. If she turned around I guarantee you she's got some gnarly cottage cheese in her flabby ass.

2/10 would not bang.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Quote: (05-26-2012 11:32 PM)thedude3737 Wrote:  

Quote: (05-26-2012 11:27 PM)silent_scope Wrote:  

I think this is an advanced case of hiding her flab. If you look at her midsection it looks like she's really sucking it in.

She's pushing her tits out, but I bet if her shoulders were slightly more forward in a natural pose, she'd have much more apparent arm flab.

Her thighs are downright gross. If she turned around I guarantee you she's got some gnarly cottage cheese in her flabby ass.

2/10 would not bang.

I think you're exaggerating a bit here. This pose isn't hiding anything. She doesn't have to push her chest out. It's obviously big. You can also see that her stomach isn't toned. Yes, she's got big thighs and you can also tell that her upper arms aren't toned. He ass obviously won't be hard and toned either, but the one good thing I see with her is her skin is largely smooth and undimpled. I ain't saying she could be my girl, but if she's pretty in the face, she can get pounded, no problem. She's in that range where if she dedicated herself for just a few months, she's be no joke. But you know she wouldn't.

I'd pay more for speed dating that weeded out the fatties. Now we just need a bar or club to do that.

On the sizes thing, obviously totally ignore. I've dated girls who could wear a 0 in one thing with one brand, but an 8 with something else. It's meaningless.

I smell a lawsuit, if one is not already in the works.

I'd bet that within 15 years, fatness will become a protected class like gender, race, or national origin in the U.S. and violations thereof will be considered hate crimes.

Quote: (05-26-2012 11:25 PM)silent_scope Wrote:  

Quote: (05-24-2012 03:39 PM)UgSlayer Wrote:  

CH is ideal for me. I'd bang. [Image: banana.gif] [Image: banana.gif] [Image: banana.gif] [Image: banana.gif]

My God. That second clip reminds me of why I hate Joss Whedon. What a herb. He's a herb writer-director for herb dudes and the "empowered" grrrls whom herbs like to put on pedestals.