rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Not working, how should I work out?

How would you work out if time was no longer a constraint

5 hour road bike trips?
Swim for a few hours?
Crossfit 5x a week

What would you do

WIA

Go for a 5 day split.

I'd go out back, flip the tractor tire for like an hour, then go swimming, then slap the heavy bag around for as long as I could, then grill about four steaks. Would probably swap out days here and there for sandbag work. Outdoor strength training is a joy.

yeah, outdoor strength training defo. swinging kettlebells, turkish getups, weighted chins, weighted pushups, deadlifts.

Some beach sprints or hill sprints every few days too. Glorious.

just go to the gym bro

Just mimic or do heavy natural movements. Flipping tractor tires is classic. Also look at getting some water tank jugs and filling them with sand and sealing them up with heavy duct tape, slug those around (this can work with water-softener bags shored up with duct tape also). Go to a local school and do chin ups and raises on the jungle gym, go get a shovel and go to a dumpy dirt part of town and just start digging shit up then fill up the hole when your done. You maybe won't get massively big but you will become impressively strong in due time.

I would do another round of Rippetoes 5x5. The gains I made from the program have stuck for almost 6 years now. Now, even after a break of 6 months from working out I get back to ripped very quickly. I know its partially due to good genetics but I still think that if you build big muscles at a young age it becomes much easier to gain muscle/get ripped later.

After that, probably boxing, crossfit, or P90X to cut.

Quote: (05-25-2012 12:24 AM)Biz Wrote:  

just go to the gym bro

The dude says he's not working, a gym membership probably isn't an option.

WestIndianArchie - see if you can acquire a copy of Convict Conditioning.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

Quote: (05-27-2012 01:48 PM)MSW2007 Wrote:  

just go to the gym bro

well he put crossfit as an option...crossfit is probably 2-3 times more expensive per month than a regular gym membership

Just get convict conditioning and do tabata burpees for cardio (google tabata burpees, there's tons of free stuff on the internet).

Or if you're really broke you could do "Combat Conditioning". It was one of the first bodyweight exercise books of it's kind, it's not that great, but it's better than nothing. I can break it down for you in a couple easy steps
Hindu squats, hindu pushups, and backbridges. Do as many of them as you can a couple times a week. You could probably break it up so that day 1, as many hindu squats as you can, day 2 as many hindu pushups as you can etc. You'll build strength in the beginning and endurance after a couple weeks. Make sure you use proper form and go about 2 seconds down, 1 second pause, 2 seconds up. Going as fast as possible is going to ruin your joints.

I didn't say it was a good program, but if you're not working out now than any program at all will give you a good workout.

“I have a very simple rule when it comes to management: hire the best people from your competitors, pay them more than they were earning, and give them bonuses and incentives based on their performance. That’s how you build a first-class operation.”
― Donald J. Trump

If you want some PDF's on bodyweight exercise with little to no equipment, send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

"well he put crossfit as an option...crossfit is probably 2-3 times more expensive per month than a regular gym membership"

Yeah, i've got money, I'm just not working for the next 3-4 months.

Cross fit would be about ~600 bucks for 4 months here.

Money isn't the concern, the question is what would you do with your time if you had a lot more time to work out.

I've been chilling for the past month doing long bike rides and barbell exercises in the gym in my building. But right now i've got time to cook and go the gym for the next 90-120 days, and I'm wondering if you had the time, how folks would spend it.

So far the answers have been pretty rote and by the book.

Half expected folks to say, eat paleo bro!

WIA

Quote: (05-28-2012 10:56 AM)Biz Wrote:  

Quote: (05-27-2012 01:48 PM)MSW2007 Wrote:  

just go to the gym bro

well he put crossfit as an option...crossfit is probably 2-3 times more expensive per month than a regular gym membership

I always thought CrossFit was a specific regimen, didn't realize it was an actual gym with membership etc. There's only one in my city, in a part of town I very rarely visit.

That said, how do forum members feel about CrossFit? Worth it?

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

Quote: (05-28-2012 09:59 PM)MSW2007 Wrote:  

I always thought CrossFit was a specific regimen, didn't realize it was an actual gym with membership etc. There's only one in my city, in a part of town I very rarely visit.

That said, how do forum members feel about CrossFit? Worth it?

People join the crossfit gym for motivation, to meet new people, and because like any other gym it has all the equipment you need to complete the wide range of crossfit routines out there.

But yes, crossfit can be done without a specific crossfit gym. There are tons of crossfit exercises that you can pick and choose from to fit your needs to do at home.

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha