rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Did I foul out or am I still in the game?

So I met a girl at my workplace (about a 7-8) that seemed really cool in the beginning and would always say hi to me or make small talk whenever we passed each other in the hallways.

Sensing that I was getting a good vibe and a decent amount of interest from her (it's been a month since I met her), last week I went up to her cubicle and asked if she had some free time to grab a snack at the cafeteria. Her response was rather cold and she ultimately declined.

Seeing that she wasn't too receptive after that whole ordeal, I took a step back.. I didn't initiate any interaction with her ever since receiving that sign of resistance. I don't want to look like a creep or show signs of desperation either. Now whenever we pass one another, she ignores me. I feel as if I played my hand wrong by showing interest (asking to grab a snack) but then again, how can I move forward if I don't make a move.. right?

One of my female co-workers has been befriending her recently and gathered some info. Apparently the girl has been in two 5-year relationships and she's "single but not looking." She told my co-worker that she hated it when guys approached her and obviously that just made me believe the reason why she's been so cold lately.

She's obviously damaged goods and doesn't want to get hurt again.. which is understandable. Is this situation a lost cause? I feel as if approaching her again will just dig me further into the hole.

To put it bluntly, there are around 3 billion other girls out there - go get one of the ones that hasn't already rejected you. Even if there were some way to get something going with her - at what risk to your workplace relations, career etc?

Quote: (05-24-2012 10:04 AM)Rocket Wrote:  

To put it bluntly, there are around 3 billion other girls out there - go get one of the ones that hasn't already rejected you. Even if there were some way to get something going with her - at what risk to your workplace relations, career etc?

Well, I did put that into consideration but the thing is, she's just a temp. She could be gone in a few weeks to a month.. So I was trying to make my move before she leaves.

I'm not pressing on it. If I had a chance to hit it I'd be more than [Image: banana.gif]

If not.. I'm ready to move onto the next prospect. No big deal. Just curious if ya'll had any advice for me.

Quote: (05-24-2012 10:52 AM)Knowledge Seeker Wrote:  

Quote: (05-24-2012 10:04 AM)Rocket Wrote:  

Well, I did put that into consideration but the thing is, she's just a temp. She could be gone in a few weeks to a month.. So I was trying to make my move before she leaves.

I'm not pressing on it. If I had a chance to hit it I'd be more than [Image: banana.gif]

If not.. I'm ready to move onto the next prospect. No big deal. Just curious if ya'll had any advice for me.

Ah, fair enough. By the fact that she turned down your invitation and now blanks you, it sounds as though you have literally zero chance with her. I can't imagine you can really turn that around.

Sounds like she's not into you, and she's probably one of these chicks with an inflated ego, but if she's a 7.5-8, depending on where you live she might get plenty of male attention and have many options.

I'd say just ignore her, and only spit game if you get a perfect opening or opportunity. If she's just a temp, and you find out she's getting laid off soon, you could always give it one more shot for the fuck of it.

There's always a hundred reasons why girls do this. You might have waited too long. Way back when there was this 19 year old I worked with that I missed my chance with. I was super flirty with her and it was green lights the whole way. Two weeks later and I hadn't made a move, and she went cold and even called me "creepy" even though the first few days I met her I was practically sexually harassing her and she was eating it up.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

She hates when guys approach her? Fuck that bitch lol. I wouldn't even bother with this girl.