rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Apartment Options

Apartment Options

So it's been a while since I last posted, still appreciate the supportive community over here. I'm far from Alpha, but rather a work in progress.

I met this social guy at work and I have been rolling with him. He's become a friend with a nice social circle. I'm liking the "new and improving version of myself." Which leads me to the next important point:

I am ready to move out of my current place, that I share with 2 other dudes. The rent here is cheap, but it comes with a caveat: My landlady (Asian) lives upstairs and all the roomies pay their share of the rent to her directly, but she is also all up in our business, in the sense that she pops in to make sure that the place is clean etc. OK yes this seems like a twisted situation, but she thinks of me as a "nice boy" which means it would be awkward to bring girls home or even really chill at the spot. Recently, she mentioned that she was selling the property, so this is my opportunity to get out of this myopic (but cost effective) situation.

I'm doing ok career wise, that I can afford a studio/1 bed in the 'posher' locales of Boston such as Beacon Hill or Back Bay. I looked at a few places and they seemed really nice. Might sound weird but I have even started to look online at furniture options and stuff.

Now here is my dilemma: Although I can totally swing the rent and live decently (meaning going out 1 or 2 nights a week), I'll have to watch my wallet a lot more closely due to a larger rent bill. Also, some of the guys that I have met through the aforementioned friend live in Cambridge (across the river) and we have this lounge that we like to chill at..so I might be a little disconnected from them. On the other hand, if I go with the roommate option, I can pretty much move anywhere I want, have dinero like a mofo, and find a spot closer to the scene in Cambridge. But I would still have to live with someone and I am not sure how the roomie or the girls that I want to bring home might react to living situation?

I know that we are not supposed to use money, residence, cars etc to attract girls (heck, I admire Roosh for his lifestyle) but having a place in the best neighborhoods of the town can't hurt right? On the other hand I prefer the low key (young and starting out, waitress) types who would probably feel more comfy in a spot that I am sharing with 1 or 2 people, plus the money in my pocket would always be nice.

Your advice would be really appreciated! I need to decide in a few weeks.

Apartment Options

Brah,

You're renting. Live in the ghetto. You're paying some landlord's mortgage.

Make sure the inside is clean and you have a nice couch for a chick and a real comfy bed. Especially around all those Harvard chicks out where you are talking about. They want to save the world, so they think its cool going into the shitty neighborhood.

You'll be the smooth cat from the wrong side of the tracks.

Aloha!

Apartment Options

Quote: (11-15-2009 10:44 PM)Kona Wrote:  

Brah,

You're renting. Live in the ghetto. You're paying some landlord's mortgage.

Make sure the inside is clean and you have a nice couch for a chick and a real comfy bed. Especially around all those Harvard chicks out where you are talking about. They want to save the world, so they think its cool going into the shitty neighborhood.

You'll be the smooth cat from the wrong side of the tracks.

Aloha!

Kona, bro you speak the truth. A side tip about the Harvard chicks: They don't want "ghetto" but rather "ghetto fab" which means that a hood where the possibility of bullets flying might be no-go.

I would probably lean towards Central parts of Cambridge or Somerville (working class, student, immigrant) city. Get in a roommate situation, pay like $6-700 a month [Image: banana.gif]