rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Leaving Rio going to Vítoria, Brazil

Well, tonight I´m leaving Rio and heading to Vítoria, the capital of Espirto Santos state. I´m thinking it will be easier to pick up here since there probably aren´t too many gringos who travel here, and it is conveniently located on the beach, a good place to meet women. I have a lot of friends there who are good at picking up girls too. I´ve seen a lot of their girlfriends, and they are gorgeous. Should be interesting. I´ll update you guys on how Vítoria is once I get the feel for it.

I'd be curious to know. Deciding between checking out that or Belo Horizonte.

I really liked Belo Horizonte. I spent a long weekend there a while back and it was a nice break from Rio.

I was thinking about Belo Horizonte as well. I have a couple of friends who want me to head out there. I hear the guy to girl ratio and quality of women are great. I'm not sure I'm going to have time or money to make it there though. My money is going pretty fast here in Rio and I'm heading to Floripa after Vitoria, and then to Argentina. I'll let you know how Vitoria is though. I actually couldn't leave to night after all because the bus I was going to take sold out, so I'm heading out tomorrow night.

Quote: (11-15-2009 10:50 PM)elguapo Wrote:  

I really liked Belo Horizonte. I spent a long weekend there a while back and it was a nice break from Rio.

Any general tips for BH? I read the nightlife area is called Savassi or something.

If you've been traveling along Brazil's coast, then BH will be a nice break for sure. Less tropical, more urban, safer. They actually seem to have a decent coffee shop culture frequented by people with laptops, something that I've never seen in Rio.

Alot of people say Minas Gerais has something crazy like a 15:1 f/m ratio but I think it's an overstatement, probably more like 3:1 in the clubs.

I stayed in Savassi neighborhood near Praca da Liberdade. There's a cool coffee shop/restaurant called 'Cafe com Letras' that I recommend.
At night I went out to a club 'Swingers' (nothing like the name), it was huge with plenty of women.

They say the same about Manaus, that there are 30 girls for every guy. Someone told me that there really is only one guy there.

3:1 is still good. What hotel did you stay at? I'm looking for a place.

I just got to Vitoria yesterday, so obviously I don't know much yet, but some facts and first impressions:

- So far the women are absolutely gorgeous. I just went to a local bar last night with a couple friends. I commented on how at least 1/2 of the women in the bar were gorgeous (7 1/2-9's), no joke. And the others were at least pretty or bangable. There were maybe only 2 or 3 that weren't at least cute (Out of at least 25). My friend said, "No, tonight's not that good. Wait until the weekend." She also told me that Vitoria, Belo Horizonte, Floripa, and one other town I can't remember the name of, are famous in Brazil for their women. One problem though, it doesn't seem like many of them speak english. But, there are hardly any gringos here as well, so that helps the exotic factor.

- The city is a lot smaller than I thought it would be.

- The beach where I'm staying is too polluted to swim in the water. It seems to be the biggest beach. There are two factories at the end of the beach that contribute to this. There are other beaches within 20 minutes driving that are much cleaner though. My friend was also saying that on one of those beaches, which is only a 200 meter stretch of coast, you will find at least 50 beautiful girls, and this kid knows his women.

- The people seem friendly. I haven't approached any women yet though. I was playing poker with some guy friends until about 9pm and then I went to that bar I was talking about with 3 girls I know (No wingmen). Almost all of the girls were with guys. That was another roadblock I saw. But I have a feeling it's not going to be that way during the weekend. This was on a Tuesday night. I'm going to a club tonight (My friends says she has a cute friend coming with us that speaks English Winkand again tomorrow night. I'll update you guys. The clubs are quite cheaper than Rio too.

Update on Vitoria....

- Most beautiful girls I've seen in one place at one time, and it's Wednesday. No joke, it beats Rio as far as women go.

- Not as many girls in Vitoria speak English as in Rio, but it doesn't seem to be a problem. I was talking to a friend of a friend who didn't speak any English all night, with my shitty Portuguese, it didn't seem to be a problem. Minimal Portuguese is required. I think girls are into gringos here. This girl is a 9 and I can tell she is into me, and I can barely communicate with her.

- The guy to girl ratio, on Wendsday was great. I would say close to 2/5 guys to 3/5 girls. The girls aren't into the local shit either. They are so used to the same guys hitting on them, they want something new. A kid I was talking to outside said, "You're gringo? What the fuck are you doing smoking a ciggerette out here? You need to know 4 words... "gringo, cerveija," blah blah, I can't even remember because I didn't give a fuck what he was saying, I just knew it was true.

- Keep in mind, I have friends here who know where to go, but it's a small town, and I don't think you will have trouble finding where to go. There are two streets that have nightclubs, and if you need to know where to go, ask me. I would strongly recommend Vitoria as far as girls go. No joke, the average girl is a 7 1/2. Seriously, the hottest girls I've seen per capita in my life, and I'm from Vegas.

I'd never even heard of Vitoria. I just looked it up and it looks like a pretty cool, scenic town. I keep hearing about all these cool Brazilian cities that I never even knew existed. Man, this site is such a valuable resource. I'm definitely heading back down sometime in '10.

How is the crime situation there?

I hear the crime is actually just as bad if not worse than Rio. It doesn't seem like it though. Just follow the basic rules you would in Rio and you'll be fine. I just can't get over how many beautiful girls there are here. It's crazy.

Sorry to hear about the crime part. If only Brazil was less violent, less corrupt and a bit cheaper, It'd be heaven on earth.

Thanks for posting all info on Vitoria- definitely sounds worth a visit. I was planning on being in Rio for three months starting in January but, after this thread, it seems like I should travel a bit more for at least the last month.

Are you hosteling, hoteling, or actually getting apartments?

Being so unhead-of, Vitoria is starting to sound a little like the next Cordoba!

"Sorry to hear about the crime part. If only Brazil was less violent, less corrupt and a bit cheaper, It'd be heaven on earth."

hahahah. isn't that life's paradox?

I'm actually staying with my friends family. It's awesome. Full made service, food, everything free. It's great. My friend just told me today that a couple years ago they considered Vitoria to be the most dangerous city in Brazil. It's not really the inner city though, it's more the suburbs. But this place is awesome. I highly recomend it. It's a true diamond in the rough. I can't stress enough how beautiful the women are here. This place honestly has the most hot women I've ever seen in my life. Everywhere you look there is a hot girl if there are people around.

I'm friends with the brother and the sister of the family. I know them both from the states. The brother is a good friend and right now he is in Paraguay but he's getting back tomorrow. He is really good at picking up women. I think things are going to get real fun here. He does have a girlfriend now though, that's why he is in Paraguay. I never knew that to stop him though.

I'm in victoria right now.
Who else is coming?! lol

Quote: (11-19-2009 07:11 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

I'm in victoria right now.
Who else is coming?! lol

Well my schedule is pretty free. Am in Sao Paulo now.

Let me know if you think it's worth it.

How long you staying there?

Roosh, come meet up with us at Casa tonight! I think until 11 you can get in for R$50 and get to drink 50. Not a bad deal. Caparinha and gin and tonics are around R$9-10.

damm, wish i knew about this place, when i was in brazil.

Damn, I found out this place can be a lot harder than I tought to beat some puss. Last night I was with a bunch of friends, and their friends were very open to meeting their new gringo friend. Tongiht me and a friend (Gringo) approched a good number of girls in the club and had no success. At the same time though, the guy to girl ratio was great, especially early in the night. I still need to check it out a little more. I feel like I could have gotten numbers, but didn't really think about it (I don't have a phone here in Brazil). I think the weekend might bring us more luck though. I'll update when I find out more. I'm still optomistic about the 9 from the night before. We'll see though. To sum it up, tons of beautiful girls, but hard to swoop.

First night impressions:

Brandon was right. The girls are very pretty and there's A LOT of them.

We met up at a club in the richest part of town (Praia do Conto where the nightlife is). The cover was R$30 so I was getting ready for rich bitch attitude, but it wasn't as bad as I thought. Still, B and I had to work hard for no solid returns. It's really hard to find that Rio friendliness vibe. But while the girls could be friendlier, I feel this place is 100% crackable (and worth cracking) with a bit of time.

We met in Caza Club at 11:30 (a block away from Rua Joao da Cruz and Rua Joaquim Lirio) and there seemed to be 3 girls for every guy (go before 11 to pay less cover). More than half the girls were bangable and there were a handful of stunners (one girl had the tanned brazilian skin tone but dark blonde hair and blue eyes... very different). Though by 1am there were more guys. About 20% of the girls spoke at least a bit of english. My first night here I was in a club packed with girls, yet I was in Rio for a month and never experienced anything like that.

Two big negatives:

1. The bars around the area are all the sit-down variety (not american-style where you can mingle). They don't even have bar seating so impossible for solo game.

2. There are ZERO budget accomodations close to the action. I checked out a hotel in the center but it was a total dump (Hotel Cidade Alta... don't bother), so now I'm forking over R$125 a night for a decent place within walking distance from the nightlife (Ibis Vitoria, http://www.accorhotels.com.br). Obviously this isn't sustainable for much more than a weekend. I walked around Praia do Conto for something cheaper but turns out I'm actually staying at the cheapest place. Hopefully someone can check out the only other budget option in Lonely Planet Brazil and report back:

Principe Hotel
27-3322-2799
Av Dario L Souza 120 (walking distance from bus station, though a R$15-20 cab ride to nightlife area)
Book said it's about R$40 a night for a single.

Even if this hotel is fine, it's not next to good daytime spots or anything like that. What's great about mythic Cordoba is that you can be in the middle of everything for less than $10 a night (hostels).

Praia do Conto has some cool juice bars and cutesy restaurants that are reasonably priced. I was going to stay here one night and then go to Belo Horizonte, but I'm going to stay here for two more nights and visit BH some other time (looks like I'll be in Rio on sunday). From what elguapo says, Vitoria seems like a smaller version of BH.

I don't agree with the person who told B that Vitoria is dangerous. I was in an outdoor cafe using my laptop. Safer than any of the northern cities I've been to, though when you arrive by bus you'll see a couple small favelas. I feel much safer here than rio.

Of course there are very few gringos. Zero backpackers, no hostels.

One more thing I wanted to add. B told me that the night before he was with a group of friends and the girls were friendlier. We would expect that. Whenever I write about girls from different cities (whether it's cordoba, rio, b.a., wherever), I always talk how things are based on cold approaches. When I meet a girl through friends or some sort of "in," I'm not including that in my overall opinion. It's not useful to tell you guys how the girls are like when meeting through mutual friends because odds are you will be doing things solo or with one other wingman. Just a reminder.

Quote: (11-20-2009 01:08 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

one girl had the tanned brazilian skin tone but dark blonde hair and blue eyes... very different

I love that type!

[Image: adriana-lima.0.0.0x0.447x661.jpeg]

[Image: tard.gif]

Quote: (11-20-2009 01:17 AM)Brandon E Wrote:  

I don't have a phone here

Thats always a mistake [Image: sad.gif]