rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Text messaging girls instead of calling

How do you guys feel about the text messaging thing? I'm not a phone guy at all. I don't care to spend much time on the phone at all, I'd rather meet people in person. Text messaging seems much less "intrusive" I suppose when first meeting a girl. You're more likely to get a responding text than a responding phone call I think.

So anyway, I got a girl's number last weekend, I set up a meeting with her for tomorrow. I didn't call her. I texted her and arranged it. Not a whole bunch of back and forth texting but stuff like, "hey how about we meet up such and such a day, are you available?", that sort of thing. I don't want to be calling up and dicking around on the phone. To much chance for initial phone awkwardness. So far, so good. I'm supposed to meet up with her tomorrow afternoon.

Tonight, get this pretty cute Greek girl's number at a Hollywood club. she's a solid 7 or 7.5. Freaked on the dance floor, probably could've gone in for the kiss, but didn't(should have while the momentum was good), but did give her the international double kiss on the cheek thing as I walked her out which she appreciated being Greek. It was sort of weird, I started off strong, but started losing momentum during the set, but I still got the number and had some fun talking to her. I was thinking of sending some kind of text tomorrow. Or would it be better to call? I no longer believe in the wait 2 or 3 days thing. That's 3 days for her to forget who the hell you are.

Do you guys think it's best to use text messaging to set up dates, or does it seem weak and I should just call? I don't like talking on the phone much, at least until I've f*cked her anyway. So I want to limit that shit. So many girls now send dozens and dozens of text messages a day that I would guess that it seems pretty common now. What do y'all think?

This is where the future is heading. Going to have to break it down soon.

I only text message here in Brazil. Calling someone here is just too damn expensive.

Quote: (11-15-2009 11:20 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

thatd be nice. im a blackberry user now and it's already makig more sense to text but still i hate fucking texting girls in particular. too much suspense and giving them time to share with their friends or what have you. over it.

text game is important....just know when to "graduate" to the "call".......Alot of girls have been telling me that "texting" is a sign of weakness (to them).....i guess it just depends on the girl .....i like to use BOTH.....lately i have been getting the #, sending a same day text(s) (which better be funny/cleaver/non needy/etc.), then, if she responds well to those texts.....i will call 2 days later.....i think that if the first couple texts go well you should CALL....otherwise the connection and chemistry just fades over time.....thats the thing about texting...you think you are making a connection and creating comfort/chemistry but if its all done with texting....it kinda just an illusion.....talking over the phone is better.....and creating comfort/chemistry IN PERSON is the best.... Gio

how can a random text, same day u meet someone, be anything but needy? "it was nice to meet you"?? needy

even if u had talked about getting hit by bicycles and you had both just met riding bikes and stopped for a coffee
u send a text as you part ways:
"dont get hit!" you say
"didnt we just clarify that you needy punk" she thinks

idk.. i hate texting. unless it's
"on my way"
"dont be late"
or something in that same vein

Always call girls when initiating the conversation.

If a girl texts me I will reply "call me, I don't text" or I just call. If she doesn't answer I text her "What the Fuck? The thing is in your damn hand" They will either call right away, or text back that they can't talk now and have to text. If she wanted you enough to text in the first place, getting pissed about the actual text is a good way to get the push-pull thing started.

You need to read the tone of a girl's voice to gauge the intent of her communication.

If a girl texts you "hey come over" you immediately start thinking that means come over and get laid. That might not be the case. She may want you to come over and move furniture. These bitches will trick you.

If you bang a lot of Asians, however, there is no getting around the texting. Them I'll text with. If I'm initiating I still call them. Usually I wind up leaving a voicemail and get a text back a few minutes later that says "HeY YoU CalL mE." It's just how they do it.

Aloha!

Quote: (11-15-2009 11:20 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

Cool, looking forward to that. The text message thing seems to be a neglected aspect of the game I don't hear much discussed. But it is pretty new so I think guys are still figuring out how it should or shouldn't be utilized.

If a girl has a high interest level, she'll be happy to get either a text or a call from you. So in that case call.

If a girl's interest level seems mediocre or lukewarm at best but she gave the number anyway, you have to figure that when you call, she's going to let it go to voicemail anyway. 99% of girls don't answer their phone if they don't recognize the number, esp attractive girls. She may then listen to your message and if it sounds needy or unappealing at all, forget getting a callback. Even if your message sounds on point, if it's a lukewarm number, she probably won't call back as girls just aren't comfortable calling up a guy for the first conversation. However, almost all girls respond to text messages, even the lukewarm leads.

The aim of the first few text messages should be the same as the first phone call. To remind the girl of who you were and how much fun you guys had when you met(and if you didn't have any fun with her when you met you probably wouldn't have the number in the first place), maybe just a minute or two of chit chat, and then set up a date. I don't believe in screwing around on the phone. I know dudes that get a girl's number and then call her up a day or two later and be on the phone a couple hours talking about their life history and shit. Fck that. I think if the first call is more than 10 minutes that's way too long. Set the date and get off the damn phone. Besides, busy guys with high social value don't have time to be on the phone all day.

So here's a tentative strategy I'm thinking for phone texting, maybe you guys can give some input. Text her, make sure you include your name, "hey, this is xxxx" since your name and number is not programmed in her phone. Tell her how much fun it was dancing with her, talking with her, or how funny something she said was and that it made you laugh today thinking back about it. If she's sends you a text that sounds like she's reciprocating interest. Then say, let's meet up such and such a day to do xxxxxx at location xxxxx" Then your next contact with her should be just a quick call seeing how her week is going and if everything is all good for tomorrow night. At that point, you should no longer need text game. Other sending stuff like, "on my way..." and shit like that..

That's my general thoughts on the texting thing after thinking about it today. Feel free to critique if you see fit.

Here's an article of interest on how to handle text messaging girls:

http://www.tsbmag.com/2008/01/14/rules-f...ing-girls/

I'm actually in the middle of texting back and forth this girl from last night. No questions or needy stuff. Just bantering with her and teasing. I kind of like it because it gives you a moment to think of something witty to say in reply that you might not think of in a face to face or phone convo. You can build some interest that way before you go into a phone convo. I definitely think texting has a useful place.

Quote: (11-16-2009 12:04 AM)speakeasy Wrote:  

I definitely think texting has a useful place.

Do they make phones that translate your texts?

It would be good if you were trying to get with a chick that speaks another language.

Aloha!

its something similar with my earlier post texting sucks.

so it does....i wish i could disable this service provided by mobile companies.

Basically, girls 10-21 love to text. 22+ you should probably call. Keep in mind that this number goes up every year though. Soon evry woman will be a text maniac.

I would say the cut off is 26. 26 and older call, if younger text.

It is really a shame, because calling is way more effective than texting in my opinion.

Kona,

"If a girl texts me I will reply "call me, I don't text" or I just call. If she doesn't answer I text her "What the Fuck? The thing is in your damn hand""

I like that move.

My go to move is usually getting her number and telling her I'm calling her phone so she has mine... then if the interaction doesn't go on further that night, txt her the next day or so alluding to something funny we talked about etc. Then some txting banter is possible, either way, two nights later I'll follow up w/ a phone call to set something up.

Girls in the 22-26 range rarely ever call, even more so, they do not leave voice mails even if you leave one telling them to call you back. They'll call usually, but no vm.

I use to be so against txting and tell them to just call, but with girls these days...

I can't wait to use the "What the Fuck? The thing is in your damn hand" line

Quote: (11-18-2009 12:31 PM)finger11 Wrote:  

My go to move is usually getting her number and telling her I'm calling her phone so she has mine... then if the interaction doesn't go on further that night, txt her the next day or so alluding to something funny we talked about etc. Then some txting banter is possible, either way, two nights later I'll follow up w/ a phone call to set something up.

Girls in the 22-26 range rarely ever call, even more so, they do not leave voice mails even if you leave one telling them to call you back. They'll call usually, but no vm.

I use to be so against txting and tell them to just call, but with girls these days...

Sounds pretty much identical to my scenario. She's 26 or 27. Texted her the next day, had a little playful banter. Seemed like she wasn't getting it at first, but at the end finally said "hahahaha". I haven't called her yet.

One useful technique for texting I heard last night is to send one that's funny. And then when she texts back, call her immediately. That way you know she's got her phone in hand an she's less likely to let it go to voicemail. You could have a nice spark going when you get a girl's number, but a few days later when she's out and about running errands and whatnot, that whole frame of mind may not be there and the attraction level is not going to be what it was when you met. The warm up text helps get her back in that frame prior to the call.

"One useful technique for texting I heard last night is to send one that's funny. And then when she texts back, call her immediately. That way you know she's got her phone in hand an she's less likely to let it go to voicemail."

I like that.

The "Warm up" Text.

- MPM

Here is an interesting text set I got from a chick who texted me. She was of Asian descent so I replied to her bullshit. I'm assuming she did it to get together with me for something:

Woman: What you doing tonight ?

Myself: Nothing, why?

Woman: Well nevermind

I called her right after that. I could hear frustration in her voice. She had all on her own put a tone of voice to my little text words. While talking I explained to her that what I meant was "nothing, why? would you like to come over and put my penis in your mouth, my dear" I told her I would have written all of that but I was driving.

There's too many opportunities for error and misunderstanding with the text.

Aloha!

That's a good idea but doesn't always work. On one occassion I was told it was cause she was in a library or class or something and couldn't talk. Another time it was just cause she didn't feel like talking on the phone.

Another thing I like about text messages is that they stay there until they are read, whereas if I miss a call I have no idea what the person wanted. If a friend texts me about something and I am busy, when I eventually get a chance to read the message I know exactly what the person who sent the message wanted.

Sending a text message rather than making a call is also useful if you are in a public place and don't want people to overhear your conversation. You can send a message and no one will be able to read it other than yourself and the intended recipient.

Quote: (11-18-2009 03:18 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

"One useful technique for texting I heard last night is to send one that's funny. And then when she texts back, call her immediately. That way you know she's got her phone in hand an she's less likely to let it go to voicemail."

I like that.

The "Warm up" Text.

- MPM

thats a needy move.

"thats a needy move."

Why do you think so?

Just used it yesterday. Effective.

A txt can be a very powerful tool. There are a few go-to txt msgs I have now that work like a charm, but I'm not going to share those [Image: wink.gif] I am just saying that a nicely worded txt can leave a lasting impression on a girl.

In regards to how soon after you get her number? Well, if you met her at a bar or club, you can send a txt right when you get her number. Right when you get her number send a txt, and if she's got that charming personality (which they all do if they like you enough), she'll most likely txt back (even if she's standing right in front of you), and you can keep it going for a while. This way you will have built up some additional rapport [Image: biggrin.gif]

Quote: (11-20-2009 01:03 PM)kerouac Wrote:  

In regards to how soon after you get her number? Well, if you met her at a bar or club, you can send a txt right when you get her number. Right when you get her number send a txt, and if she's got that charming personality (which they all do if they like you enough), she'll most likely txt back (even if she's standing right in front of you), and you can keep it going for a while. This way you will have built up some additional rapport [Image: biggrin.gif]

can't believe I've never done this. I call em, but a playful txt instead when they are next to you is money! [Image: banana.gif]