rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Russia Off The Beaten Track

I have a week off in early July ( flexible on dates ) and plan to hit a town in Russia. I plan to hit a shit hole where there are not many/any other Westerners. Virgin territory. I'm open to discussion about where but the options I'm considering are:

Murmansk and surrounding shit holes: Arctic Circle game,rusting submarine bases,night clubs full of drunken sailors,chance of violence,polluted mining towns,polluted women. Rent a car and explore some real shit holes.

Abkhazia: Breakaway republic,war ravaged country with collapsing infrastructure but with a sub tropical climate and unspoilt beaches. Most beautiful part of the Black Sea. Full of Russian holiday makers. Very cheap,it's an 'industrial shithole paradise'. Chance to go before it develops and the stag parties start hitting it.

Archangel: Shit hole by the sea. Much like Murmansk but warmer ( slightly ). Surrounded by forests full of collapsing villages and towns,no foreigners to compete with. Hell,more foreigners have explored the Amazon then this area.

Vorkuta: The biggest industrial shit hole in the FSU. Gulag game. No road in or out,only a trainline. A town that was built on the bones of Stalin's victims,entire ex Gulag towns decaying into the tundra,zero foreigners,local population desperate to get out,women with no hope of a better future,desperation written on their faces,poverty,rampant alcoholism. Perfect. Biggest hassle of all to get to but the ultimate shit hole,a last chance to see the Russia of the early nineties that we all dream about. Google photos of this place it's unreal.

Anyway,I doubt that appeals to anyone but would be good to have a wing for this one. Pipeline it,day game it,bang it.

Abkhazia, please. Unfortunately I won't be able to join you for this one.

F*ck me Vorkuta is with out doubt the worst dump I have ever seen(no wonder it was on call of duty), they will harvest your kidneys, and the kids will use your head as a football. Looks like somewhere English Teacher X has lived, or the set of the Andrei Tarkovsky film "Stalker"

Abkhazia, I read that it's on the way up, loads of construction going on, loads of Roubles pouring in. But would it be a place where Russian girls will come to get naked and wasted?, not so sure, perhaps from the surrounding area, but many will come with their family, and girls from further afield will unlikely come when it's just as easy(and more fun) for them to go to Odessa,Crimea,Greece, Bulgaria etc.

Archangel could be good

Murmansk, too damn cold.

With all these places I would have to be in the area to visit.

Quote: (05-14-2012 07:55 AM)Vorkuta Wrote:  

I have a week off in early July ( flexible on dates ) and plan to hit a town in Russia. I plan to hit a shit hole where there are not many/any other Westerners. Virgin territory. I'm open to discussion about where but the options I'm considering are:

Murmansk and surrounding shit holes: Arctic Circle game,rusting submarine bases,night clubs full of drunken sailors,chance of violence,polluted mining towns,polluted women. Rent a car and explore some real shit holes.

Abkhazia: Breakaway republic,war ravaged country with collapsing infrastructure but with a sub tropical climate and unspoilt beaches. Most beautiful part of the Black Sea. Full of Russian holiday makers. Very cheap,it's an 'industrial shithole paradise'. Chance to go before it develops and the stag parties start hitting it.

Archangel: Shit hole by the sea. Much like Murmansk but warmer ( slightly ). Surrounded by forests full of collapsing villages and towns,no foreigners to compete with. Hell,more foreigners have explored the Amazon then this area.

Vorkuta: The biggest industrial shit hole in the FSU. Gulag game. No road in or out,only a trainline. A town that was built on the bones of Stalin's victims,entire ex Gulag towns decaying into the tundra,zero foreigners,local population desperate to get out,women with no hope of a better future,desperation written on their faces,poverty,rampant alcoholism. Perfect. Biggest hassle of all to get to but the ultimate shit hole,a last chance to see the Russia of the early nineties that we all dream about. Google photos of this place it's unreal.

Anyway,I doubt that appeals to anyone but would be good to have a wing for this one. Pipeline it,day game it,bang it.

I doubt about Archangel and Murmansk although there are many sailors and women are supposed to be alone.In your case I would focus more on Urals and Siberia(places like Novosibirsk etc).

Of all of these, I would go for Abhkazia. Of course, I like to go places that inspire me. Girls tend to like those places too. What about Irkutsk? I've always wanted to check out Lake Baikal. Of course, if there are going to be hot Russian women in whatever shithole you go to, why not go to one with a nice lake, or mountains or the beach?

Decision made: Abkhazia it is.

Just booked my flight with London to Tbilisi with Belavia for 295GBP return. Was 10 pounds cheaper to fly with Aerosvit via Kiev but the Belavia flight entails a 4 hour stopover in Minsk which will hopefully result in me gaming some Belarusians. Now need to apply for an Abkhaz entry permit. Plan to do 2 days in Tbilisi and then 5 in Abkhazia. Right then,best pack the bullet proof vest and sunblock.

Abkhazia data sheet to follow.

Quote: (05-15-2012 07:43 AM)Vorkuta Wrote:  

Decision made: Abkhazia it is.

Just booked my flight with London to Tbilisi with Belavia for 295GBP return. Was 10 pounds cheaper to fly with Aerosvit via Kiev but the Belavia flight entails a 4 hour stopover in Minsk which will hopefully result in me gaming some Belarusians. Now need to apply for an Abkhaz entry permit. Plan to do 2 days in Tbilisi and then 5 in Abkhazia. Right then,best pack the bullet proof vest and sunblock.

Abkhazia data sheet to follow.

Vorkuta, I am assuming you are fluent in Russian to be able to hit these places?

Quote: (05-15-2012 10:35 PM)BCZalgyris Wrote:  

Vorkuta, I am assuming you are fluent in Russian to be able to hit these places?

Nowhere near fluent tbh. I can do the essentials though,ask directions,buy train tickets,order a meal but beyond that my vocabulary runs out pretty quickly. Hopefully I'll find some English speakers.

I'll be in russia at this time - my first time there, just planned on hitting up moscow and st pete. but if i get bored i might tag along! I speak no russian tho!