rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Proposal for new subforums

I was thinking the forum might benefit from two new subforums:

Weightlifting. For bodybuilding/eating, etc. This seems to be a topic that is growing in popularity.

Hamster. For discussing amusing female behavior, blue pill culture, feminists, haters, betas, white knights, and so on.

If you think the net effect would be positive, What do you guys think of doing a 2 month trial for each? If it doesn't work (like the Politics subforum), they will be deleted.

I vote for weightlifting. That would be great. Plus it would free up the lifestyle forum a bit so it wouldn't be as crowded and there would be more lifestyle discussion.

I don't think the hamster idea would be beneficial. It would just be us guys bitching and moaning about women. Not exactly very productive. Just a place to blow off steam.

"Colt 45 and two zigzags, baby that's all we need" - Ronald Reagan

I am for the Weightlifting, but I think the Hamster one might be a bit over the top, as it seems too broad.

Perhaps the weightlifting subforum could be expanded to include health in general. Something like body and health? There does seem to be a couple of distinct topics in the lifestyle section, so this is most likely going to be a valuable move.

As for the hamster subforum, it will be amusing, but not sure just how necessary it would be. Can't hurt to give it a shot, though, it could keep some of the other sections free from amusing, but unrelated topics.

Yea, hamsters should just be thrown with "Everything Else" where we can all point and laugh

Feel free to PM me for wine advice or other stuff
ROK Article: 5 Reasons To Have Wine On A Date
RVF Wine Thread

edit

"Control of your words and emotions is the greatest predictor of success." - MaleDefined

+1 for weightlifting

I think a "General Health and Fitness" section might be a better addition than just weightlifting. You could still share workout regiments and it wouldn't get redundant as quick. Also sounds less meathead-ish.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Quote: (05-13-2012 09:02 AM)Gmac Wrote:  

I think a "General Health and Fitness" section might be a better addition than just weightlifting.
+1

And keep the hamster related stuff in the Everything Else forum, no need for a subforum.

Split lifestyle into business and health? Sounds good.

Just don't make too many forums unless there is enough activity to support them.

I like H&F and Hamster.

How about Politics Roosh with the US Elections approaching?

General health and fitness is a good idea both are much related.

I vote for health AND fitness being in one. This would cover hygiene, grooming, physical appearance, dietary advice, etc.

Hamster sounds like a great idea.

Personally, I'm against both.

I'm against the Weightlifting or Health subforum because the Lifestyle forum is already the least popular board on RVF. No need to split it apart further.

I'm against a hamster forum because I think it gets fair, but not overwhelming coverage, in Everything Else. If we had a forum specifically for the discussion and dissection of the modern American female, I think it might attract a lot of MRA-types with no interest in game or travel.

My $0.02

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

Both are great ideas, as Weightlifting comprises a significant part of Lifestyle threads, and Hamster comprises a significant part of Everything Else threads.

I'd just rename Weightlifting to Exercise.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

I don't think a weightlifting subforum is necessary. I think it would necessarily dry up the Lifestyle forum, since so much about a healthy lifestyle is exercise. I do agree with the guys above that a renaming to "Health & Fitness" might do some good. An alternative could be "Diet & Exercise."

I like the hamster idea, but I'm a little ambivalent because of the issue that MSW brings up: it could draw the wrong kind of MRA types. That said, we spend a lot of time talking about hamsterism--whether that's with fatties, feminists, or online broads. It's worth a try with a set of rules. As the forum evolves beyond simple game, we have to be open to broader discussions grounded in the principles of game.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

I think we should keep the forums as it. We don't get enough posts per day to need additional forum right now, IMO. Splitting them up will just decrease the activity on the lifestyle forum and give us 1-2 more forums to need to check each time we log on.

I see the objections to the hamster forum. Not sure whether you should do one or not... but if you are, I think it'd be better to extend it to both sexes, with a general topic of 'the sexes and the relations between them.'

As for the health idea, the lifestyle forum is a bit weak as it is. Maybe just introduce a flashy tag for health and fitness threads.

Im with Tuth on this, I understand the concept but it seems a bit unnecessary. Today is the 13th, the thread at the bottom of page 1 on Lifestyle has a last post of the 4th. Over a week worth of posts on page 1, I don't think it warrants a new subforum.

However the renaming might be a good idea. Most of the threads deal with weightlifting/health or making money. Possibly "Lifestyle and Fitness"

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

I think having a weightlifting forum here would be positive because the term 'lifestyle' itself is too broad. Lifestyle can refer to so many things that most people just start a thread in everything else, or game or travel if its even slightly related.

Probably a majority of the guys here lift weights, eat proper food and such; I think a forum with the appropriate title could draw new topics and new talent to the RVF.

Lifestyle is in practice a word without much meaning.

Weightlifting sounds too hardcore and too narrow. I think Health and Fitness is more appropriate.

I think health and fitness would be a good idea, keep it out of the way.

How about a business section?, freelancing, making money, etc

I think a book review or literature section would be a good idea. There are a lot of avid readers here and it could be a sub forum of everything else.

I think Health & Fitness as a subforum would work. I think the hamster issue gets covered in a variety of ways in the Everything Else forum.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

After considering this for a bit, I think the lifestyle forum is low traffic enough as is-no need to split it.

The hamster forum sounds like fun, but in actuality doesn't seem necessary. The "everything else" and "Game" boards cover all that stuff well enough. No need to saturate them.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.