rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Istanbul Report

Istanbul Report

Let’s get to the part that everyone really cares about:
Women:

TL;DR version:  
While many girls in Istanbul are stunning and obesity is low, there are many just barely decent girls as well, often with slightly bad teeth.  This combined with a secular but conservative muslim and inward looking society that has little English fluency would probably make this a very difficult place.

The girls:

Quality:
After visiting Cairo frequently and seeing Turkish immigrants in Denmark, I was expecting for the girls to be hideous – overweight with terrible faces.   I could not have been more wrong.  Istanbul girls are often very good looking.  Slender with olive skin, long black hair, and light eyes.   Some of the most exotically beautiful women that I have ever seen work security and immigration at Ataturk International Airport. That being said, there are plenty of plane janes as well once you are in the city.  Tooth care is a problem there.  It’s not as bad as the UK, but it’s still noticeable.   Assmen and Breastmen will be disappointed.  The girls are generally waif like when not occasionally chubby.

Fatty Alerts:
While there are some chubby girls, I cannot recall seeing a true fat chick while I was there, even in the impoverished areas that I went – which was NOT the case in Cairo – in fact the poorer she was, the fatter she was in Cairo. It was interesting watching videos of Turkish belly dancers, who since they were not fat asses like their US and Egyptian counterparts, actually did provide an enjoyable tease.

Attitude:
Very closed off.  It’s a Muslim society and very few people speak English even in the tourist areas.  Effectively no one speaks it outside of the Tourist areas.   It’s also extremely insular.  Turks appear to have little interest in the rest of the world beyond buying and selling things, given the few conversations that I got to have in English.   Women were very reluctant to talk to me, even for basic directions when they knew English.

Language:
This is going to be a very big problem. Turkish is one of the hardest languages in the world and generally useless outside of Turkey.   You can barely order food or get a taxi in tourist areas.   As well, even if you become fluent and focus on the language, it may not pay off by traveling to other parts of the country. From what I’ve seen of Turkish immigrants elsewhere, the quality of women in the rest of the country may not match Istanbul and not justify mastering Turkish.

Venues:
The Café culture is everywhere, which is a real headache when you don’t speak the language and everyone is closed in.   Even going to nightclubs, people still sit around in a café style with defeaning music and no mingling.

Nightlife:
Most tourists stay in Sultanhamet, which is where the Hagia Sophia and most of the sights are.  There is no night life there.

The two main areas for nightlife are Taksim Square (about 2 miles north of the Hagia Sophia) and underneath the Southern Bosphorous Bridge (several miles away and hard to get to without using a cab).   There are a bunch of cheesy night clubs around Taksim square, where I saw the seated café cuiture even in a place that was meant to be dance club.   You had guys sitting in large groups by themselves with no girls.  While there were some women, they were seated around too.  

As for the area under the Bridge, while supposedly world famous for its night clubs, I really did not see what the big deal was.  I went on a Wednesday night figuring that I could get in since it was an off night, but was sent away from the clubs for “not having a reservation and not coming as a couple”.  That did not strike me as a good sign, especially since I was pretty sure the clubs were nearly entirely empty.   I went to an area of sea side bars and cafes, but it was the same problem as everywhere.  Lots of dudes and everyone seated in groups of people who clearly knew each other well.

The Competition:

Busted Dudes Test:

I did not see any trolls with 6s in Istanbul.   The men have that dark brooding Southern Italian look that girls love more than anything else besides the Northern Italian Soccer Player look.  They are fairly tall in Istanbul, too.   I saw mediocre guys with cute girls, but those guys were not that mediocre.   One guy who worked at a restaurant told me that he was dating an American woman who was close to 200 lbs.   

Use of Game by Locals:
Game appears to be non existent among local Istanbul men.  Maybe they only turn it on when they visit the FSU.   As well, I wondered about the use of prostitution after the managers at the same late night café where the guy with the 200 lb yankee girlfriend suggested going to a club for sex.

Drunk Brits, Desperate Italians, and Other Annoying Tourists:
I only saw one drunk brit group.   I did not see any Italians.  The vast majority of foreign tourists appeared to be older Germans and Dutch.   There were extremely few Americans.  Americans do not appear to visit Istanbul, according to the hotel manager, regardless of the economy.  Almost no tourists venture beyond Sultanhemet and the neighborhood south of Taksim Square. Americans do not seem to be hated in Istanbul.

Society:
As I’ve said before, there is little English spoken and apparently little interest to learn according to expat friends of mine.   The country, while secular, is extremely insular and still very conservative in an Islamic way, with a significant percent of women in head scarves, though nothing like you will see in North Africa or the Persian Gulf.   I got the idea from the hotel manager from how he described his relationship with his ex girlfriend that people are expected to be married before having sex.    He had lied about being married to her.  This makes me think that girls are going to need some big reassurances about anonymity.   Despite the conservatism, it was fun to watch the local soccer match on TV and see the cameras blatantly show only very hot girls for the crowd reaction shots.  

Istanbul looks rich at first but if you stray even a bit from the Tourist areas and coastline, you run into very poor sections immediately.  Keep in mind that most of Istanbul is very poor, with only a few extremely wealthy areas and the tourist sections.

Boring but necessary stuff:

Getting there:
Flying to Istanbul is surprisingly affordable from the United States due to Turkish Airlines having a very extensive network and heavy competition from European airline hubs.  My round trip ticket was only $800 and would have been $60 less if I had bought 6 hours earlier.

Getting Around:
Istanbul has around 20 million people with totally inadequate transportation infrastructure.  Just travelling two miles can take a very long time if you don’t plan carefully.  One would think that the narrow and winding streets of the old section would quickly give away to larger modern boulevards in the newer parts, but it just continues almost all of the way to the airport.   That being said, I did not see the quality in women decline any in outer areas.   The cabs are affordable but not cheap.

Food:
In the tourist areas, food is less than DC but not as less as one might think.   Outside of the tourist areas that are not wealthy, it goes down significantly, but those places are difficult to get to given the hills, narrow and winding streets, and poor transport.  Given that GDP per capita is 1/5 of the USA, one would expect it to be much less.   The food is excellent, however, if you love Middle East style mesas.   Unlike many other parts of the region, it is also safe.  You can eat delicious raw fruits and vegetables without any problems.

Alcohol:
Not cheap, especially if you consider average incomes.   Expect to pay near DC prices ($6 a beer) in bars and restaurants.  In the grocery stores, a 50 cl bottle of the local beer goes for around $2.   That being said, the local beer is a quite good Pilsner, and Turkish wine is outstanding.

Conclusion:
For us n00bs trying to get into the flag game, despite the apparent high quality of women, Istanbul looks like that it would be an extremely frustrating place due to almost no English spoken, an extremely difficult and otherwise totally useless local language, and a conservative Muslim society.  From what I have seen and read on the forum, Istanbul might qualify as the World Championship of Flags – if you can get a hot Turkish Girl without being fluent in Turkish in Istanbul, you can get one anywhere.  Other places, while more difficult to get the flag, simply would not have the same quality of beautiful women.

Istanbul Report

Did you bang?

Istanbul Report

Quote: (05-12-2012 10:48 AM)Blunt Wrote:  

Did you bang?

No. Just getting a conversation started with anyone was tough. I had also read on the forum that Turkish men get very hostile if you flirt with the girls.

Plus, I was there primarily as a tourist. Even though I made a point of dressing well at night and sometimes the day, Roosh's point that you really have to dedicate yourself to getting the bang full time when over seas is very true. If you're an American with 2 weeks of vacation a year, you need to pick a place with a more open culture and an easier language than Turkey, while forgetting about seeing the sights.

Istanbul Report

Quote: (05-12-2012 10:57 AM)beta_plus Wrote:  

Did you bang?

I had also read on the forum that Turkish men get very hostile if you flirt with the girls.

Beta post of the day!!

Istanbul Report

Excellent data sheet. You got to the heart of what really matters for us forum members, who are looking for new places to travel. Istanbul, seems like Rome. Expect to see great touristy sights, but dont expect to do much banging with the local hotties. Girls, that I have known and have traveled to Turkey and Istanbul, seemed to love the country. Thats not a good sign.
Obviously there are the beach resorts, of Turkey but that is another story.

Istanbul Report

Quote: (05-12-2012 11:28 AM)chochemonger1 Wrote:  

Excellent data sheet. You got to the heart of what really matters for us forum members, who are looking for new places to travel. Istanbul, seems like Rome. Expect to see great touristy sights, but dont expect to do much banging with the local hotties. Girls, that I have known and have traveled to Turkey and Istanbul, seemed to love the country. Thats not a good sign.
Obviously there are the beach resorts, of Turkey but that is another story.

Thank you for the compliment. While I was primarily a tourist who is still trying to master game, I really tried to view Istanbul from the perspective of a forum member. It definitely opens your eyes in a way that a museum does not.

Istanbul Report

Quote: (05-12-2012 11:22 AM)Deb Auchery Wrote:  

Did you bang?

I had also read on the forum that Turkish men get very hostile if you flirt with the girls.

Beta post of the day!!

This is not a beta post at all. I guess you have never been to Turkey.

I got my Turkish flag in Istanbul but Turkish dudes are the most sex starved and aggressively protective people I have ever met in all of my world travels when it comes to Turkish women.

In Turkey, I had employees of bars (waiters) flat out tell me that I am not allowed to talk to any women in the entire bar the moment I started talking to even one of them, I have had seen dudes screaming at 'their' women for talking to me. I have had guys tell me that this or that woman 'did not want' to talk to me when it is quite clear that she did.

The Turkish girl I banged in Istanbul had her boyfriend constantly texting and calling her to check on her. She even had to swing by the bar that he worked at to report in to him and tell him that she was going home while I waited outside the bar.

Even in a city the size of Istanbul girls dont really like making out in bars in case anyone they know sees them.

Turkish dudes are the most insanely jealous and possessive dudes I have ever seen.

I even had a Turkish girl tell me that SNLs absolutely never happen anywhere in Turkey. Even in a relatively progressive city like Istanbul. When I told her I had an SNL with a girl the previous night her response was to assume that there is no possible way that the girl was Turkish because "Turkish girls never do that". Her jaw hit the floor when I told her the girl was Turkish. Her exact words were "I want to shake that girls hand because she is really brave".

Female sexuality is extremely violently subjugated by Turkish men but of course only when it comes to Turkish women. Foreign girls? Well Turkish men consider them sluts on pretty much the same level as prostitutes and will be happy to hook up with them and don't care if you do the same.

Istanbul Report

I went to Istanbul back in February. Beautiful city, good food (including seafood). I brought my Ukrainian girlfriend with me. The local dudes were gawking at her. Vendors on the street immediately knew to speak Russian to her "Girl come look in my shop" they would say in Russian. We met some locals who knew better Russian than English. With my girlfriend, I approached some girls on the street asking for directions, surprisingly few seemed capable of speaking English. The local girls did look better than I expected, still, on average, not as good as Ukraine but better than girls in India. Took the bus from the airport to the city. The cashier at the airport charged us double for the bus ride. A taxi driver tried to extend a taxi ride. That sort of thing is expected. Many cool touristy things to do. Overall was a nice trip.

Istanbul Report

Lumiere are you saying you should not.flirt with girls in Turkey?

Istanbul Report

Did you bang?

Beta post of the day!!

No it's true.
I'm turkish.
Few weeks ago I was in Leicester Square with a girl, late at night just walking through. Some Russian guy ask my girl for a cigarette, I say no. He says he wasn't asking me. Lol can you believe this fucking guy! I grab him with one hand and push him to side. I tell him to fuck off and he does.

Few months before that I'm on a bus with a girl. Some drunk guy says to me "that's a nice woman you got there mate" I say "mind your fucking business".

I don't know what it is but we're a very hostile, violent and angry people. Some free advice; don't fuck with a Turkish guy, they have untold amounts of rage and get fucking furious real easily.

"Colt 45 and two zigzags, baby that's all we need" - Ronald Reagan

Istanbul Report

Hahaha duly noted.

My Turkish friend told me a little about Turkish guys, he is quick to criticise them. He told me about "Apaches"

Very nice guy, I went to a club with him. We met these two girls, he ended up marrying one of them

Istanbul Report

Quote: (05-12-2012 12:16 PM)Lumiere Wrote:  

Did you bang?

Beta post of the day!!

This is not a beta post at all. I guess you have never been to Turkey.

I got my Turkish flag in Istanbul but Turkish dudes are the most sex starved and aggressively protective people I have ever met in all of my world travels when it comes to Turkish women.

In Turkey, I had employees of bars (waiters) flat out tell me that I am not allowed to talk to any women in the entire bar the moment I started talking to even one of them, I have had seen dudes screaming at 'their' women for talking to me. I have had guys tell me that this or that woman 'did not want' to talk to me when it is quite clear that she did.

The Turkish girl I banged in Istanbul had her boyfriend constantly texting and calling her to check on her. She even had to swing by the bar that he worked at to report in to him and tell him that she was going home while I waited outside the bar.

Even in a city the size of Istanbul girls dont really like making out in bars in case anyone they know sees them.

Turkish dudes are the most insanely jealous and possessive dudes I have ever seen.

I even had a Turkish girl tell me that SNLs absolutely never happen anywhere in Turkey. Even in a relatively progressive city like Istanbul. When I told her I had an SNL with a girl the previous night her response was to assume that there is no possible way that the girl was Turkish because "Turkish girls never do that". Her jaw hit the floor when I told her the girl was Turkish. Her exact words were "I want to shake that girls hand because she is really brave".

Female sexuality is extremely violently subjugated by Turkish men but of course only when it comes to Turkish women. Foreign girls? Well Turkish men consider them sluts on pretty much the same level as prostitutes and will be happy to hook up with them and don't care if you do the same.

I think that it may have been your post that warned me, since this sounds familiar. Thank you for doing that.

Istanbul Report

Quote: (05-12-2012 01:44 PM)beta_plus Wrote:  

I think that it may have been your post that warned me, since this sounds familiar. Thank you for doing that.

You are welcome

Istanbul Report

Quote: (05-12-2012 12:44 PM)Deb Auchery Wrote:  

Lumiere are you saying you should not.flirt with girls in Turkey?

Sure you can but, if the girl is Turkish, keep it verbal and discreet. If I never flirted when I was there I would not have got my Turkish flag.

Any public display of affection - touching, kissing - will make them uncomfortable. Even holding hands is frowned on in a city as large and as western as you can possibly get (Istanbul) unless the couple is married.

Istanbul Report

Great report beta_plus , I had a 2 day trip to Istanbul with same results..... Great City, Friendly people, Good Food but not a quick Bang/Flag destination.

Here is a link to my report

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-4158-p...#pid196934

Per my research, beach towns Izmir and Antalya and resorts might pay some dividends and K-man has written some on it.....

Happy Hunting players.......

"You can not fake good kids" - Mike Pence

Istanbul Report

Quote: (05-12-2012 12:51 PM)Walnuts Wrote:  

No it's true.
I'm turkish.
Few weeks ago I was in Leicester Square with a girl, late at night just walking through. Some Russian guy ask my girl for a cigarette, I say no. He says he wasn't asking me. Lol can you believe this fucking guy! I grab him with one hand and push him to side. I tell him to fuck off and he does.

Few months before that I'm on a bus with a girl. Some drunk guy says to me "that's a nice woman you got there mate" I say "mind your fucking business".

I don't know what it is but we're a very hostile, violent and angry people. Some free advice; don't fuck with a Turkish guy, they have untold amounts of rage and get fucking furious real easily.

Yeah I did a lot of 'research' when I was in Turkey as to why and I came to the conclusion that Turkish guys are just dicks.

There are reasons why but they are all self-inflicted. They judge women horribly for having sex outside of marriage. Result? Women are terrified of being judged a slut and cannot enjoy their sexuality in a natural way and so their pussies slam slut.

Knock on effect? Turkish guys basically live in sexual poverty. I met both male and female Turkish people who were still virigins in their 20s and 30s.

I met one girl who was stunning, 28 years old and still a virgin. What a waste!

On top of that, if you need to travel anywhere outside of Turkey you need a visa if you are Turkish.

On top of that, Turkish passports are horribly expensive to obtain for Turkish people so most people never leave the country.

Result? They are basically trapped with each other in a repressive atmosphere of anger, frustration and sexual poverty.

And they only have themselves to blame.

Although I got my Turkish flag when I was there I think it is one of the most difficult countries in the world to get laid with local girls as a foreigner.

One for the hardcore flaggers only.

Istanbul Report

Must be the masturbation centre of the world.

Istanbul Report

Thread needs more Kamaki.

Istanbul Report

Quote: (05-12-2012 02:26 PM)Lumiere Wrote:  

Quote: (05-12-2012 12:51 PM)Walnuts Wrote:  

No it's true.
I'm turkish.

Yeah I did a lot of 'research' when I was in Turkey as to why and I came to the conclusion that Turkish guys are just dicks.

There are reasons why but they are all self-inflicted. They judge women horribly for having sex outside of marriage. Result? Women are terrified of being judged a slut and cannot enjoy their sexuality in a natural way and so their pussies slam slut.

Knock on effect? Turkish guys basically live in sexual poverty. I met both male and female Turkish people who were still virigins in their 20s and 30s.

I met one girl who was stunning, 28 years old and still a virgin. What a waste!

On top of that, if you need to travel anywhere outside of Turkey you need a visa if you are Turkish.

On top of that, Turkish passports are horribly expensive to obtain for Turkish people so most people never leave the country.

Result? They are basically trapped with each other in a repressive atmosphere of anger, frustration and sexual poverty.

And they only have themselves to blame.

Although I got my Turkish flag when I was there I think it is one of the most difficult countries in the world to get laid with local girls as a foreigner.

One for the hardcore flaggers only.

I get what you're saying, but there are reasons for the judging of women.
I'll look past you're backhanded insult, I assume it wasn't towards me.

In turkey there is a culture of being very tight with family. They have big family get-togethers often and large meals with extended family are a regular occurrence. It's hard to explain a whole culture in one post but I guess the best way to sum it up would be; they have extremely traditional values and hold them very dear, they are living in another world, a time that's past, but they won't move on. They're stuck in the 50s and will never let it go.

I understand that sexual repression is a problem, but if you had a daughter, how would you take it if she went home with a guy and got her vagina demolished only to never hear from the dude again because he just used your daughter for a quick nut.
Sexual prudence doesn't seem so backwards when you put it that way.

Having said all that, thank fuck I live in London!

"Colt 45 and two zigzags, baby that's all we need" - Ronald Reagan

Istanbul Report

Quote: (05-12-2012 03:00 PM)Walnuts Wrote:  

They're stuck in the 50s and will never let it go.

The 1350's maybe

Istanbul Report

I get that the behavior of Turkish men and women is sexually repressed and thus not good for us players, but isn't a society where women are virgins until marriage and most men (Betas) are able to get one often cited as a desirable thing and the cornerstone of civilization? I'm sure that many Betas that were forced to learn game by today's dysfunctional sexual market would have gladly skipped it if they could have gotten a hot virgin with strong ties to family and no inclination towards Western (feminist) sexual values such as divorce or bitchyness.

Quote:Lumiere Wrote:

Not that I encourage the Turkish methods of keeping women in check (violence and honor killings, shaming is completely ok though), but still. I thought that this was the whole point. Somewhat like Solomon wrote in his Proverb 28: Women can age beautifully

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Istanbul Report

When I ask Ukrainian women why they like going to Turkey so much, it is usually because of the attention they receive from the men, and what with the state of the Ukrainian men, I don't blame them - anything is better.

I like to discourage them from going

Istanbul Report

I asked a lot of turkish women what they thought of turkish men

Never heard an opinion that was anything but negative

Istanbul Report

Yes,turkish guys are clearly annoying.They constantly try to hit on your gf while they are overprotective over other girls who they do not even fuck.They also operate in groups and have muslim herd passive mentality.Personally I did not face problem in Istanbul because I knew exactly what they were doing as Balkan meaning every trick they used was known to me from before(they have primitive ways not sophisticated like Italians the masters of trickery).
In general the Turks get away with stuff that would you get slapped in Balkans.A problem is that foreigners do not know the proper way to react to provocations since muslim mentality is different.
My approach was to just walk with cock out as we say here that is fearless Balkan approach not chew your balls.This surprises Turks.Also turkish girls seemed very happy to comply with Balkan power but I stayed there only two days with Russian gf however the turkish girls reacctions were more than satisfactory.They are probably bored with the suffocation by the turkish moral double standards(guys allowed to fuck all over girls obliged to stay virgin at home).Compared to them Greek women fuck like rabbits and they dress the Balkan kurwa style.

Another advantage of Turkey is that foreign girls there are not spoiled like it happens in Greece where a tourist girl after one week is so massively hit that she becomes indifferent and rejectful to any invitation.Foreign chicks did not respond with bad vibe in Turkey like they tend to do in Greece this means that Turks exhibit a more tactful approach.Or they do not spoil them completely how to say it?
Greek women travelling to Turkey told me they got unusual attention and every man tried to pick them up proposed marriage etc.

Istanbul Report

Did you bang?

No. Just getting a conversation started with anyone was tough. I had also read on the forum that Turkish men get very hostile if you flirt with the girls.

Plus, I was there primarily as a tourist. Even though I made a point of dressing well at night and sometimes the day, Roosh's point that you really have to dedicate yourself to getting the bang full time when over seas is very true. If you're an American with 2 weeks of vacation a year, you need to pick a place with a more open culture and an easier language than Turkey, while forgetting about seeing the sights.

Yea, I read the datasheet and while it didn't say that you did bang, it didn't say that you didn't. Better luck next time and good looks on the datasheet.

I am of the persuasion that 'sights' is something I will do when I'm old as fuck and until then I'll just focus on the poon.

From the Turkish girls I've met abroad it does seem like they constantly have a dude hovering over them.