rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Los Angeles Club Problem

Los Angeles Club Problem

Hail to all LA players out there,

I am more of a day-game type of guy but anyways tonight(thurs.) I was at Hollywood with a friend..

There are some decent clubs like Drais, Playhouse or supperclub etc. Those don't have really good crowd, not much quality girls and harder to pull ONS.. But there is this really cool one as all of you might have heard, Greystone Manor on La Cienega blvd.. It's usually best at Thurs. and Sat.. Very top notch club with upperscale crowd, etc..

Well their bodyguards are plain assholes (as some of you have heard). If you don't come there with a Porsche Carrera GT (or a van full of models), they might not let you in..

Tonight I went there wearing a nice blazer, white V-neck, jeans. I had gel on my hair and I am good looking... So no problems on the looks side.. The thing is I went there solo at 9.30 trying to enter that place but the guy at the door said they are opening at 10 and if it is my first time there and my name is "not on their guest list" it could be "a little difficult" to get in (wtf does that really mean??)

Do you guys know whats this whole guest list deal was about?(some private party??) And did any of you guys tried entering there and had any problems?

[Image: banana.gif]

Los Angeles Club Problem

Nope. None of us could get past the bodyguards tonight. It was wack.

Los Angeles Club Problem

Guest list is a way for them to screen undesirables from their club. If you were a woman, they would not have that line. Discretion at its highest. Not to say you are undesirable by no stretch of the imagination, just they have orders to minimize the dudes, maximize the females etc.

I understand it can be frustrating and you just want to have a drink. Well, if there is attitude at the door, odds are there will be attitude in the club. Somehow, that attitude is contagious. The women will be similarly cunty. Try going on an off night, and strike a small conversation with the doorman, he may remember you on the Saturday night and lift that rope up for you.

You prob won't do this, but moonlight as a bouncer for that club. Get the documents you need, and speak to the manager. Bouncers, have gotten more tail than many without doing many approaches. there will be no riff raff in that place which means less rowdy behavior. Making your night simple, and focus on any targets. Bouncing has been discussed on here, do a search if interested.

This phenomenon exists in many places. Even here in the gulf middle east. Playing cool with the doorman, and get some gals to go with you there. Might do the trick for that velvet red rope to get lifted.

Los Angeles Club Problem

Part of the reason I don't go to Hollywood. I can't stand the door and the drama. Such a waste of time, I have better things to do than hope that a bouncer would let me in to a venue. Most of the time "the list" are just buddies, frequent people in the "circuit", etc. Its not really exclusive, its totally haphazard.

The thing is, eventually as the hype dies down, the crowds go to the new spot and the people that were previously denied were so slighted by the rude behavior of the door staff they write the place off and it eventually goes belly up Which is why the clubs in LA open and close so quickly.

Trust me, its never worth it. Go somewhere else.

Los Angeles Club Problem

Did you offer to slip the guy $100?

At hot clubs, unless you know someone, that's about market rate. If you're lucky, you could get two guys in for $100.

But you need to either know a guy at the door or be prepared to grease.

Los Angeles Club Problem

Hollywood is one of the most overrated experiences ever. It's a production. Plus, if you're not rolling with coke, it's much harder to pull.

"The Boy and Girls Guide to Getting Down" was pretty damned on-point.

But it's a very predictable scene. If you get a table or give the door guy $100, and roll with an 8 ball, you're not going to have any problems.

If you're not prepared to play that game, then it's going to be a point of frustration.

Los Angeles Club Problem

Why would you even want to go to a place like this? I don't understand that.

Los Angeles Club Problem

Quote: (05-04-2012 02:41 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

Hollywood is one of the most overrated experiences ever. It's a production. Plus, if you're not rolling with coke, it's much harder to pull.

But it's a very predictable scene. If you get a table or give the door guy $100, and roll with an 8 ball, you're not going to have any problems.

If you're not prepared to play that game, then it's going to be a point of frustration.

Instead of wasting my $100 to the door guy, I can hire a BMW M3 for $250 for the day and get in to the place w/o any problems and take the girl I've pulled back to her place in my BMW M3. There must be some cheap way to get in..

Los Angeles Club Problem

Quote: (05-04-2012 02:45 PM)houston Wrote:  

Why would you even want to go to a place like this? I don't understand that.

Because every girl is a 7+. And no, I don't think girls they are that bitchy in attitude, I talked with a few just outside the door..

Los Angeles Club Problem

How to get on the guest list in Hollywood.

People on yelp say you can buy entrance tickets to Greystone on-line in advance. I'm guessing this is the VIP table reservation.

Guestlist request is also done from their website, but requires a facebook account that has a picture of your face, and doesn't guarantee a table.

I like the comment that people are so packed inside it's like they're galley slaves.

"Alpha children wear grey. They work much harder than we do, because they're so frightfully clever. I'm awfully glad I'm a Beta, because I don't work so hard. And then we are much better than the Gammas and Deltas. Gammas are stupid. They all wear green, and Delta children wear khaki. Oh no, I don't want to play with Delta children. And Epsilons are still worse. They're too stupid to be able to read or write. Besides they wear black, which is such a beastly color. I'm so glad I'm a Beta."
--Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

Los Angeles Club Problem

The standard rules of getting into a club do not apply to Greystone. I would not suggest handing a c note to the bouncer.

I've written about Greystone before.

I have an in through industry work. I'm not really willing to say more than that or drop info to people I don't know personally, but here's what I suggest:

You need to be great friends with a higher up at SBE. What I would suggest is going to a sister venue that is much easier to get into and make nice with the General Manager. For instance, you might go to The Bazaar or Mercato di Vetro, both of which are owned by SBE. These are restaurants so there is no line or bouncers. You still need to go decked out though to establish yourself as a playboy of the highest order. Dress up, G Manifesto style. Show up and leave in a cab to leave some mystery. Say you're staying at the W in hollywood. I HIGHLY suggest you have a business card, and not one identifying you as the assistant manager at your local Blockbuster.

You don't need to drop mad cash at the restaurant. Order some apps and a few decent glasses of sparkling, red wine, or cocktails. You can do this for under $100. Make nice with your server, tip 25%. At this point, ask to speak to the general manager. When he comes over, tell him this:

"I like the style of this place, are all SBE venues like this? I heard about someplace called Greystone Manor and heard some good things, do you recommend it?" They'll drop some line about how it's great but can be hard to get into, possibly leaving a little leeway to the possibility that they could get you in. Stand up, give them a firm handshake and introduce yourself. Tell them you're in town for a few days on a business trip and want to get some fun in, hand them a business card, make it known that you are a "someone" even if you're not, and tell them very directly, "You know, I'd like it if you could call ahead and get me on the list. I have some clients/associates who are coming into town in a few weeks and I'd like to direct them to the best spots in the city."

When I go to Vegas, this is how I get VIP service everywhere. In the hospitality industry, restaurant managers, sommeliers, doormen, chefs, etc, all hang out together. It just so happens that restaurants are not exclusive, but clubs are, but the people running all of them are connected to each other. So establish connections where you can and branch out from there.

If you can get into Greystone on a Thursday night, congrats. It is probably the highest concentration of hot women in L.A. right now, all of them slutted up.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Los Angeles Club Problem

On a note about Hollywood, most of it these days is fucking ghetto and whack. I haven't gone clubbing in at least 6 months. You couldn't pay me to step inside playhouse or Kress.

Clubbing is only worthwhile if you have hookups. Any effort you make into clubbing should be directed to establishing connections at EXCLUSIVE venues. Drai's is fine now, but Drai's in the first 3 months of business was a whole other animal. You need to jump on clubs while they're still white hot and very exclusive. Otherwise it's not worth the effort.

If you can get into a club in its early days, it's instant DHV, because only someone who's "somebody" can get in. Pulling girls can be like shooting fish in a barrel.

Contrast that with the bullshit experience it turns into 6 months or a year later and it's not even the same thing. Clubs typically don't make money by being exclusive, so at some point when finances turn south they open the doors to every wannabe clubber piece of shit in a 20 square mile radius.

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Los Angeles Club Problem

Quote: (05-04-2012 03:13 PM)cCcincisikercCc Wrote:  

Quote: (05-04-2012 02:41 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

Instead of wasting my $100 to the door guy, I can hire a BMW M3 for $250 for the day and get in to the place w/o any problems and take the girl I've pulled back to her place in my BMW M3. There must be some cheap way to get in..

If you were running a club, would you let cheap guys in?

Clubs make money by attracting hot women, which draws men who are willing to spend money.

In Hollywood, as in Vegas, you got to pay to play.

I don't see why guys resist this obvious truth. It's very logical why a club owner wouldn't let in cheap guys. It's not as if L.A. has a shortage of guys with money and who are willing to spend it.

Los Angeles Club Problem

True that. And I don't really think pulling up in an M3 or Porsche will get you in either. Shit's a dime a dozen. I've seen groups of HOT girls outside Greystone and they couldn't get in. Exclusive clubs are an entirely different animal than "common clubs" or "international clubs". Exclusive clubs aren't about letting loose and having a great time, it's about status and posturing, and for guys like us, pulling some hot ass.

Just like there's something gratifying about pulling a hot girl while spending the least amount of money and effort possible, such is the way with clubs. Don't spend money on these places or buy a table. If I took the hottest girl out of Greystone, guarantee you I've seen a girl EQUALLY hot walking around on the street, at my local Coffee Bean, at a farmer's market, or at a more casual venue. The ONLY difference at Greystone is you will see these girls in much, much higher concentrations.

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Los Angeles Club Problem

If you don't buy a drink in a sleazy strip club they will kick you out. Mike cf is spot on. These high end venues if you will, don't waste their time with cheap dudes. You gotta play. And that is $. Try suiting up, but the dude 3737 is right about restaurants. All these place are somehow intertwined and connected.

Los Angeles Club Problem

Quote: (05-04-2012 04:00 PM)thedude3737 Wrote:  

On a note about Hollywood, most of it these days is fucking ghetto and whack. I haven't gone clubbing in at least 6 months. You couldn't pay me to step inside playhouse or Kress.

Kress closed down awhile back. I heard there was a shooting there.

I used to know a promoter through a buddy a few years ago. It's interesting how much race ties into things. The promoter was a black dude and he was working for Le Deux back when it was on the map. He said these Hollywood clubs play black music, but they don't want more than a trickle of black people in there. It's considered bad for image in the club's initial hot phase. Then as it plays out, they start getting more lax on who they let in.

It's bullshit like that that makes me just bypass the whole "scene". I pretty much avoid Hollywood altogether unless I have a reason to be there, like a birthday party or something. Too many douches, too much attitude, too much attention whoring, too much see and be seen.

Los Angeles Club Problem

Quote: (05-04-2012 05:08 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Quote: (05-04-2012 04:00 PM)thedude3737 Wrote:  

Kress closed down awhile back. I heard there was a shooting there.

I used to know a promoter through a buddy a few years ago. It's interesting how much race ties into things. The promoter was a black dude and he was working for Le Deux back when it was on the map. He said these Hollywood clubs play black music, but they don't want more than a trickle of black people in there. It's considered bad for image in the club's initial hot phase. Then as it plays out, they start getting more lax on who they let in.

It's bullshit like that that makes me just bypass the whole "scene". I pretty much avoid Hollywood altogether unless I have a reason to be there, like a birthday party or something. Too many douches, too much attitude, too much attention whoring, too much see and be seen.

Yes , I always kind of notice the same but clubs have the best logistics to make mass approaches IMO.

When I was out last night w/ my friend, we approached to more than 10 girls just while waiting in the line (my intention in the line was not to enter the club either.. i just try to game the girls on line and if rapport goes well i go in w/ them) I finally ended up entering supperclub with 2 girls from UCLA whom i met in the line, my friend went to another place.. I ditched them a while after I got in. 4-5 more approaches inside the club. Result of the night: make-out and a number from another ucla girl inside the supperclub.. she was with friends so she refused to come back to my place.. not a good result but still mass approaches help me to test new material and develop my game.

Los Angeles Club Problem

Quote: (05-04-2012 03:52 PM)thedude3737 Wrote:  

You need to be great friends with a higher up at SBE. What I would suggest is going to a sister venue that is much easier to get into and make nice with the General Manager. For instance, you might go to The Bazaar or Mercato di Vetro, both of which are owned by SBE. These are restaurants so there is no line or bouncers. You still need to go decked out though to establish yourself as a playboy of the highest order. Dress up, G Manifesto style. Show up and leave in a cab to leave some mystery. Say you're staying at the W in hollywood. I HIGHLY suggest you have a business card, and not one identifying you as the assistant manager at your local Blockbuster.

You don't need to drop mad cash at the restaurant. Order some apps and a few decent glasses of sparkling, red wine, or cocktails. You can do this for under $100. Make nice with your server, tip 25%. At this point, ask to speak to the general manager. When he comes over, tell him this:

"I like the style of this place, are all SBE venues like this? I heard about someplace called Greystone Manor and heard some good things, do you recommend it?" They'll drop some line about how it's great but can be hard to get into, possibly leaving a little leeway to the possibility that they could get you in. Stand up, give them a firm handshake and introduce yourself. Tell them you're in town for a few days on a business trip and want to get some fun in, hand them a business card, make it known that you are a "someone" even if you're not, and tell them very directly, "You know, I'd like it if you could call ahead and get me on the list. I have some clients/associates who are coming into town in a few weeks and I'd like to direct them to the best spots in the city."

When I go to Vegas, this is how I get VIP service everywhere. In the hospitality industry, restaurant managers, sommeliers, doormen, chefs, etc, all hang out together. It just so happens that restaurants are not exclusive, but clubs are, but the people running all of them are connected to each other. So establish connections where you can and branch out from there.

[Image: gift3.jpg]

Thanks for the wisdom on getting into extremely exclusive clubs. I saved your post into a Word doc for future reference.

Los Angeles Club Problem

Quote: (05-04-2012 03:52 PM)thedude3737 Wrote:  

The standard rules of getting into a club do not apply to Greystone. I would not suggest handing a c note to the bouncer.

I've written about Greystone before.

I have an in through industry work. I'm not really willing to say more than that or drop info to people I don't know personally, but here's what I suggest:

If you can get into Greystone on a Thursday night, congrats. It is probably the highest concentration of hot women in L.A. right now, all of them slutted up.

This is sound advice. For any spot to tough to get into spot.

Los Angeles Club Problem

Before you put in all the effort to get into Greystone, you might want to casually stroll by before you invest all that effort into getting in. You might decide it's not the spot for you.

Quote: (05-04-2012 05:08 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

It's bullshit like that that makes me just bypass the whole "scene".

I think that's because if a club has a mainly white clientele, it will still have broad appeal to everyone. If any other race becomes too dominant, it will lose its appeal to everyone else, and especially to whites, who still comprise most of the people who matter in Hollywood.

When places get an 'ethnic' character, they never recover among all the other ethnics, especially the whites who comprise most of the movers and shakers in Hollywood. If one of them is really un-PC, he/she'll say things like, "ugh, only persians/FOBby Asians/ ghetto Latinos go there, that place sucks," but they're all thinking it. Nightlife can be just as clubby as a college social scene.

Just my thoughts, could be wrong.

Los Angeles Club Problem

Basilransom makes some good points. Myself, being Of eastern European descent love all kinds of women, from all backgrounds. In Toronto, I am sure elsewhere, when a club becomes overbearing with one ethnicity you have to see what your poison is. I think some east Indian women are hot, but they are notorious for sticking to their own kind. Why should I even bother if the odds are stacked. Waste my time, and she may be downright bitchy. Ruin my time. Forget that. So, when I see them in a club I am cautious. Same with italian or portugese women. When she says she is Italian, it's a let down. No offense to Italians, but Italian women in clubs can be bitchy. Then you see her dancing with a busted up dude. They just ain't my fave. For me it's not a white thing, it's a background thing of all the positive and negative stereotypes nd from my ptprevious interactions with them. However, if I see west indians ( trini) Ethiopian, latinas in a club I love it.

Well, you can always go the day game route and some cool lounge. It's too much of a headache to even bother with this place.

Los Angeles Club Problem

Basilransom makes some good points. Myself, being Of eastern European descent love all kinds of women, from all backgrounds. In Toronto, I am sure elsewhere, when a club becomes overbearing with one ethnicity you have to see what your poison is. I think some east Indian women are hot, but they are notorious for sticking to their own kind. Why should I even bother if the odds are stacked. Waste my time, and she may be downright bitchy. Ruin my time. Forget that. So, when I see them in a club I am cautious. Same with italian or portugese women. They just ain't my fave. For me it's not a white thing, it's a background thing of all the positive and negative stereotypes nd from my ptprevious interactions with them. However, if I see west indians ( trini) Ethiopian, latinas in a club I love it.

Well, you can always go the day game route and some cool lounge. It's too much of a headache to even bother with this place.

Los Angeles Club Problem

Good point Basil. L.A. is racist as fuck. In fact, I'd go so far as to say there's a club "phase out" that you can monitor just by the ethnic demographic. Once a club hits the month mark, they start letting in tons of rich Persians. Then it's huge groups of asians. Then the real decline starts when they start letting in huge groups of black people. It's bullshit, but anyone wanting to know how to navigate the L.A. club scene should know this.

At some point wanna post the data sheet? For dudes here wanting to club in Hwood they should go to King King or Avalon, where the emphasis is more on just having fun and dancing rather than posturing.

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Los Angeles Club Problem

Quote: (05-05-2012 11:58 AM)thedude3737 Wrote:  

Good point Basil. L.A. is racist as fuck. In fact, I'd go so far as to say there's a club "phase out" that you can monitor just by the ethnic demographic. Once a club hits the month mark, they start letting in tons of rich Persians. Then it's huge groups of asians. Then the real decline starts when they start letting in huge groups of black people. It's bullshit, but anyone wanting to know how to navigate the L.A. club scene should know this.

Well, I wouldn't call that racist, just pragmatic, doing what they need to do stay hot, as you yourself outlined.

It's like Abercrombie and Fitch 10 years ago - all of their branding was exclusively white. And not just white, but Northern European. Their catalogs were all very WASPy. They stuffed what minority workers in stores they had into back office positions where they wouldn't be seen by customers. They created this image of an Anglo-Aryan paradise ... And it was fantastically successful. So can you really blame Abercrombie for giving people what they want? I don't. From a pure perspective of making money, it was shrewd. And it was successful among plenty of non-whites as well.

To me, it's the moral equivalent of treating a girl like shit because you know that's what attracts her. If you stopped doing it, she might walk away. She is satisfied by it on some level.

At some point wanna post the data sheet? For dudes here wanting to club in Hwood they should go to King King or Avalon, where the emphasis is more on just having fun and dancing rather than posturing.

If someone is vouched for or has made contributions, they get access. They can PM me.

Los Angeles Club Problem

For dudes here wanting to club in Hwood they should go to King King or Avalon, where the emphasis is more on just having fun and dancing rather than posturing.

That's how most clubs are once you get out of the velvet rope zone. It's more about having a good time than a place you go to look cool and "make contacts". Zanzibar on weekend nights in Santa Monica can be a bit of a cockfest at times but people have a blast there. Fun crowd, low cover, no drama at door. Same with the Dubclub(reggae/dancehall spot) in Ecco Park.

I see where Basilransom is coming from with his point and I totally get that whole thing on race and Hollywood nightlife. I don't like it, but I get what's going on. Their most coveted clientele is attractive white females. Any club that gets them in great numbers is considered the "it" spot. I guess because they will lure the most guys willing to pay $500 for a bottle in order to have the chance to talk to them. They might let in a few black guys who seem stylish if they are on the list. Then when the hot phase burns out in several months, they have to start becoming less exclusive in order to keep the cashflow coming. And then like you guys pointed out, the final phase is when it becomes a "black club", though many of these places will have gone out of biz before it reaches that point. Le Deux is a perfect example. Last I went there a few years ago, it was mostly black. But when it was in the Paris Hilton phase, no way them niggaz was getting past the door.

Then you have a few spots like the rooftop Skybar that seem to have never had a burnout phase. It was tough to get into 10 years ago and still is.

Edit --

I remember reading this awhile back, this Hollywood promoter gave a breakdown of the 6 phases a club goes through from boom to bust. It's pretty accurate:

Part I - http://confessionsofahollywoodpromoter.b...-pt-1.html
Part II - http://confessionsofahollywoodpromoter.b...-2_02.html