rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Spain - Madrid or salamanca?

Hello, My first post after having lurked around the forums for a couple of months. I want to go to spain for 2 weeks in may to practice my spanish and pick up chicks. Would like some spanish or latina action foremost, other euro chicks is a bonus. I'm in my early 30's, can pass for 24-28 years old according to experience, caucasian. I'm choosing between Madrid and salamanca but have hard time deciding, both seem like good choices. Salamanca easier bc of lots of students and bars? Madrid bc of more people? I've read about both on the forum so i have some grasp.

I have never been to Salamanca but Madrid has awesome nightlife. I did some pub crawls while there, and it was great since other people in the group spoke english but then you would go to local bars/clubs. So many of them too. this is the one i did: http://www.facebook.com/MADrideSpain

Hey Swixx,

Here's a PM I sent to Black Quixote about Salamanca and Madrid last week;

"What's up Black. Yeah should be fun.

1) Go for one month if you can- shouldn't be that much more expensive if you stay with a family as flights are $$$ right now

2) Women's hotness is all over the board. You have to remember that the summer is a huge mix of Americans and Euros; she you'll be in a group of Americans to start, but Brits/French is will be all around too. I think you'll pull (Americans for sure) in 2 weeks, but longer time is good to meet more Euros. I was there 8 weeks.

Typical US group:
http://www.citruscollege.edu/studyabroad...Sgroup.jpg
http://www.ewu.edu/Images/CALE/Modern%20...a-2011.jpg

Its funny how the US girl quality depends on what colleges run programs. Euros should be nice.

3) Budgetwise it depends on what you do on the weekends. if you want to go to the running of bulls in Pamplona, or the beach in Santander/Portugal or Bilbao, that will cost more. Especially Madrid. But the beer in Salamanca is cheap, as is nightlife in general. So many bars.

Good luck!

Also remember another poster said he found spanish girls receptive in Salamanca during the Regular school year. They mostly leave during the summer. So if you want Spanish girls and have the cash, maybe you should head to Madrid.

Quote: (05-03-2012 08:41 AM)Swixx Wrote:  

Hello, My first post after having lurked around the forums for a couple of months. I want to go to spain for 2 weeks in may to practice my spanish and pick up chicks. Would like some spanish or latina action foremost, other euro chicks is a bonus. I'm in my early 30's, can pass for 24-28 years old according to experience, caucasian. I'm choosing between Madrid and salamanca but have hard time deciding, both seem like good choices. Salamanca easier bc of lots of students and bars? Madrid bc of more people? I've read about both on the forum so i have some grasp.

Hello Swixx,

Since you are mentionning you are in your early 30's I would recommend you Madrid. Salamanca is cool and I wish I had been there when I was 21 but as far as Im concerned last time I went there (last year) I felt a bit tired because girls are mainly in the 18-24 range and I felt too old for the nightlife.
At least in madrid you have more diversity.

Also, avoid August in both places

Thanks for all the info, I greatly appreciate it. I'll go with Madrid and maybe pop over to salamanca for a few days if I get bored. Gonna be cool!

After my one-week trip to Madrid late in the year about two years ago my only comment to people since then has been that you don't go to Madrid for the women.

Swixx,

I've been to both Salamanca and Madrid less than one month ago.

I liked the girls better in Madrid. The quality is higher and there are more of them, from every kind and from every place. In Salamanca, most of them were white with dark hair (which I love), but in Madrid you can get some variety going. Also, perhaps because it is a student town (and broke students usually have bad eating habits), it caught my attention that many of the girls in Salamanca had bad skin. Weird.

Nightlife is pretty good in both. While Madrid has places for every tribe and taste, Salamanca is really dense on bars. There's literally 20 of them in each street.

Gaming is a bit hard on both cities, in my experience. It's not that it's hard to talk to girls there, it's just that it's hard to get anywhere with them. Being a brazilian and travelling alone, they always got a bit interested about learning more. We would talk, and everything would seem to be great, but it hardly ever led nowhere. My greatest success was in Madrid, and with a russian girl.

Also, Salamanca can get very boring. It is a pretty small city. I don't know what you plan to do while travelling, but I for one got very bored there. Madrid, on the other hand, can always be explored as it is pretty big.

Between those two, I would go with Madrid.
However, have ever thought about going to Sevilla?

Quote: (05-10-2012 02:18 PM)Ringo Wrote:  

Gaming is a bit hard on both cities, in my experience. It's not that it's hard to talk to girls there, it's just that it's hard to get anywhere with them. Being a brazilian and travelling alone, they always got a bit interested about learning more. We would talk, and everything would seem to be great, but it hardly ever led nowhere. My greatest success was in Madrid, and with a russian girl.

Between those two, I would go with Madrid.
However, have ever thought about going to Sevilla?

Your experience seems to be the same as mine when it comes to Madrid! I found the locals hard to close despite the fact they were chatty and interested too. I also ended up banging a Russian.

I haven't been to Salamanca. But I have been to Madrid and can confirm it's an awesome city with just about everything, you won't get bored in a hurry.

Would Salamanca be to boring to study abroad a whole semester (erasmus)? Would be nice for learning more Spanish and a lot of euro girls (including my fetish French girls)..