rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

My Ongoing Notes On London

These are, and will continue to be, my game notes from my trip abroad. They have been edited a bit, but they are notes not an essay. Take what is useful and discard the rest.

Day 0: My first waking day here, but almost nothing got done.  I had to sleep off a stomach virus and readjust to the time zone, so the vast majority of my time was spent face-down in bed, on the toilet, or getting some work done.  My mate and I had dinner at a lovely outdoor spot in an adjacent area which seemed to have a good mix of young and old, hot and cold.  I sat streetward-facing to play eye games with passers-by, which resulted in a lot of favourable eye contact.   My dress was upscale athletic, wearing nice basketball shoes, jeans and a tight dry-fit sports shirt (that makes me look far more athletic than I really am) under a light jacket.  I will have to see how that compares to a more polished look, like chinos and a sport coat.  

Day 1: Hampstead/W Hampstead

First impressions: posh area, middle aged crowd mostly.  Local cafe was active in afternoon around 15;00 but nothing for me.  Passers-by were mostly young asian women and older folk out doing their errands.  Older mums as well, but definitely not of the yummy mummy variety.

The trouble with the Asian girls is one of pure statistics.  Petite bodies and exotic faces are really the only appeal, other than pure novelty.  This means that I am going to organically be much more strict about what I consider acceptable.  Even the slightest bit of extra weight shows dreadfully on their tiny frames, whereas the larger and fuller-figured women can carry some extra weight well, perhaps even to their advantage.  Considering how prevalent pub culture is in this town, weight is a key factor when planning to play a round of Capture the Flag.  Drinking makes you fat, turns out.  This factor adds another layer of filtering to the process, which really kills the efficiency of a raw numbers game.  When trying to grab a flag in under 3 weeks, efficiency is about all that matters.

Combined with the lack of prospect density on the whole, this area seems to be very poor for day game.  I've only been here for one 'real' day, so I will reserve judgment until I've played around a bit longer.   It may be that the demographic changes between adjacent neighbourhoods, so this area may not be a total wash.  More data is needed, but initial reactions are far from favourable.  As the day has crept closer to evening, the street traffic has gotten more interesting.  I suspect the 16:00-20:00 window (happy hour, essentially) is where I might do the best work.

One interesting point of note:  It's incredible how context changes value.  As I sat finishing up my afternoon lunch, I saw a few reasonably attractive women pass by.  They wouldn't have caught my attention in most other areas, but because I've only seen one or two cuties since I've been sitting here, they're the cream of the day's crop.  My physicality and my mental state changed noticeably each time I saw one, despite the fact that they weren't anything exceptional.  Context, it seems, is everything.  

My mood has been mediocre, mostly since I am still recovering from my stomach issues and my sleep has been less than stellar.  It doesn't help that the NBA playoffs start around midnight here and I apparently hate myself and never want to sleep.  State is everything, and I haven't really got it yet.  I'm not worried, but its important to be sure I take into account all factors when gaming.  A great venue with talent is nothing if you don't go in with a positive attitude.  Until i feel a bit better physically, I don't think I'll have great luck in the game.  If I still feel this way in a few more days, I will be in trouble, but I'm hardly worried yet.

An Accent, Or Lack Thereof?

I have a distinctly American accent when I speak, which has yet to draw a comment.  I was curious to see what would happen, since I have no idea how often the typical Londoner encounters Americans.  I can accurately imitate almost any English-language accent or dialect with only a short period of practice, so I might have fun with it.  Gamewise, I suspect it's best to stick to my natural voice since it will be a novelty.  Which American accent I use is up for debate, but I'm guessing that bringing out my strong New York slant will get the most reaction.  Since it's a stereotypical accent, I think they'll get a kick out of it.  The usual "Fageddaboudit", "howyadoin", "bada bing bada boom" type thing is second only to the John Wayne western accent when you ask a foreigner to imitate an American.   I can also fake a southern drawl with some big city polish, which might have a gentlemanly charm to it, but its just not congruent with my look or mannerisms.  In general, I would assume to stick to my natural speaking voice but I may have some fun trying to convince locals that I'm 'one of them'.  Ultimately, it doesn't make a damned difference in the game but you never know what little variables can be tweaked for massive results.  

I can fake a few of the UK's dialects, Aussie and Kiwi without much trouble, but considering that any conversation that turns to 'the motherland' will quickly end, it's probably a bad idea for more than a brief and casual encounter with no future interaction probable.  I've considered just mixing it up a bit and amalgamating a bunch to play up the World Traveler angle.  Saying that I travel so much that I've picked up a bit of everything might be fun, and you never know what could happen!

Passing Thought:  Every gamesman needs to learn one thing:  Every person you meet is a chance to define who you are.  Someone who knows nothing of you can only form an opinion on the little bit that they see and hear, so its your chance to curate their experience.  This is especially important to gamesmen because we are constantly refining and improving ourselves.  It's easy to lose sight of who we are and get wrapped up in our own heads.  

Fashionistas talk about one's "Avatar", the persona you intend to project.  We get to constantly refine and redefine our Avatars with every woman we meet.  We can test variables and constants, refine what works and discard what does not.  Rather than seeing each 'failure' as a commentary on who you are as a person, a common greenhorn's mistake, look at a failure as a chance to tune your Avatar.  What worked, even though the interaction didn't result favourably? What didn't work?  What was in your control and what didn't?  You don't have to get hardcore and keep a spreadsheet, but at least make some notes about whatever variables and constants you can identify.

Using Ratings for Target Efficiency

I enjoy numbers and quantifying 'soft' things in the universe.  Beauty is so subjective that a 1-10 rating system doesn't quite meet my needs.  Your 9 is my 6, and while we can all agree that some things are baseline attractive, it does us no good to use an absolute system like this.  Instead, may I suggest a relative point system, starting at zero?

At zero, we can say that a target is acceptable but hardly exciting.  Once you hit negative numbers, you start to lose interest to the point that your game suffers.  Ideally you want to max out your numbers but as in Baseball scouting, just having a "plus" face or other feature is enough to get you on the board.  There's no sense slumming it, since you're only fucking yourself in the end.   You can use the basic +/- system to figure things out, but I suggest weighting your numbers towards what's important.

Face
    Some gamesmen don't mind a bit of a minus face, others do.  Personally, it's the most important factor so I'd weight it heavily.  If you don't care, underweight it appropriately.  I'd probably weigh this 3x because it would take a really smashing body to overcome even a - face.  A couple ++es in the Top and Bottom Half will outweigh a mediocre to slightly awkward face, but I just can't get on with a true butterface.    No amount of doggy style can erase a hideous visage from your mind.  Promise.

Top Half
    Some guys like the big ol' titties, others like mosquito bites.  There's no accounting for taste, but I personally prefer C-cups.  A C-rack would get a ++ from me, D and B would get a + if well-worn and anything larger or smaller would get a -.  Only a non-existent chest or sloppy weirdness can earn a --.  If you are a fan of the Oriental Delight, you'd probably give the ++ to A, + to B, and = or - to larger.  The size is less important than how well they're carried.  I'd take a tight B over a loose C any day.

Bottom Half
    If you care to, break this down into butt and legs.  I personally couldn't give half-a-fuck about legs, so long as there are two of 'em and they're not disproportional in some way.  Legs will always get an = from me unless they're truly remarkable.  That said, my god am I an ass-man.  The ass is all about proportion, so my rating will vary depending on body type.  Less than a handful per cheek will get a - or -- ( and sadly ive rather large hands)More than two hands full per cheek will probably get a - unless she's especially tall or curvy (n.b. - curvy is not a kind way of saying fat.  there's no kind way to say fat, since fat women are sexually and socially invisible and there's no reason to even discuss them.  Sorry girls.  Your problem is fixable and you're not taking steps to fix it.  Come back when you're not fat).  Someone like J-Lo, with a gigantic latina booty, would be entering - territory for me, but on the whole she'd most definitely make the cut!  Thats the advantage of this framework;i dont really find JLo all that attractive in comparison to other women of her caliber. regardless, she still gets mostly = or + in all categories, rendering her absolutely bangable [Image: smile.gif]

Body Type

I'm very flexible here, as I enjoy sampling the best of all genetics that our world has to offer.  Just assign your ratings as you care to, if you have a specific type.  To use a guy who fancies Asians as an example, he'd give a ++ to petite women  and a -- to a 6' tall Swede. me? i'd take the giant blonde and make her feel tiny [Image: smile.gif]  I'll probably skip this rating since my others will organically generate a proper rating in its stead and i dont have a single type

Personality

Just fuckin' with ya!  Who gives a shit!?  Seriously though, I'll usually leave this one as = unless she's especially intolerable or cool.  The ++ is rare here, and I'd underweight this category when you're doing light dating or just hooking up.  

If you use the above as a guideline, you'll end up with a good, quick and dirty heuristic to evaluate whether or not a prospect is worth your time.  Your gut reaction will usually be just fine, but sometimes a system helps guide you.  It's also great to enforce an abundance mentality and remind yourself that, no, she is not a special and unique snowflake.   Despite the fact that this took multiple paragraphs to explain, it is almost instantaneous when you're out and about.  As Roissy (or whatever that loon calls himself now) says, biomechanics are God.  Trust your hardwiring to do most of the work, but use this system more actively if you want to delve deeper into your hard wiring and see what can be tweaked.

Tomorrow night will be my first out, but if I dont start feeling better I will probably just sit quietly, play eye games, and listen/observe. less than ideal for sure, but there is a lot of value in doing what ive just described. ive been focusing on reading body language more accurately, and a quiet night at the pub can really teach a lot.

The day's parting question: If I leave here witthout at least my Union Jack (or any other flag, honestly) have I failed? I asked myself the same question aloud and my snap answer was "well, yes. i said i would do it, didnt I?". I have 3 weeks. I will find a way or make one.

Interesting read and you are quite the character.

Please tell me you are not going to spend your entire 3 weeks in London, you have a whole continent that awaits.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

You're as likely to score a foreign flag as you are a UK one in London.

In the last 20 years London has become more cosmopolitan than NYC.

In 2010 2/3 rds of babies born in London were born to foreign mothers.

That's the result of New Labour's fine immigration policy in action for over a decade!

But it might suit you if no UK ladies tickle your fancy!

I'll be staying in London for most or all of my time. Believe me, i travel enough that i am not worried.

I'm startig to realize that i will likely meet some pretty EE ladies here too, so i think i just want -a- flag. just no american birds.

Good stuff. I appreciate the different angle you took in writing. Keep on keeping us posted.

Not much to report from today. My sleep schedule is all fucked up because the NBA playoffs are on at midnight here and I don't seem to know what's good for myself. I had planned to hit Walkabout later, but after a less than stellar kangaroo burger we decided to suit down and head towards the city centre. As usual, game was not the goal, but a byproduct. We only had two hours, but I got in some chats. As suspected, my uncommon accent drew comment. I'm going to have to develop a routine. Right now, I usually make them guess. They never guess right.

The women here aren't terribly attractive and lots of them are fat. I'm not relaxing my standards to get a flag, so I may have to grind harder than I suspected. No worries.

I noticed that, once I got into the bar. I stopped looking for eye contact and body language. My theory is that I was just too overstimulated by the loud noises and bright lights and lost my presence of mind. Quite a few times, I got smiles from women as I passed by...and did nothing. I'm not sure why; I would normally say something - anything - but I just kind of ignored it. Odd. I'm going to be more mindful of that next time.

The suit definitely works, and I felt like a standout even among other guys in suits. I do admit that it's one hell of a suit, so I am not surprised. I was probably getting more looks than I noticed, and as I already said I wasn't even capitalizing on the shots I got. My game is entirely based around opportunity, so not taking shots is unforgivable. I never go out with INTENTION to game, as I said before. I am always ready for it and looking. In that regard, perhaps you can say I am always out to game. Either way, I need to be taking every open look I get.

Tomorrow night's the first real test. We'll be out almost all night, and I think we'll be a mixed group of guys and girls. I don't know but one person in my group, which means I can fully define my 'avatar' to the new folk (especially the girls). I'd like to start ramping up the flag-capturing now that I am feeling human again. I will be suited down again tomorrow night by necessity. No complaints. If I capitalize on every eye contact and smile I see, I will almost assuredly have a flag within the week.

mate, i would advise you don't attempt to put on a local accent. i can only see pretending to be a scouser, say, ending very badly...

Quote: (05-04-2012 02:51 PM)whitenoise Wrote:  

mate, i would advise you don't attempt to put on a local accent. i can only see pretending to be a scouser, say, ending very badly...

Scouse accent worked for me in NYC once. I walked up to a bunch of girls and said "A'right you cunts?" - they all looked very confused and I was about to walk away when one called me back with "wait where are you from?" and got some good banter out of it.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

hasn't yet.

Walkabouts are lame, too many drunken Aussie dudes. Tiger-tiger is not a bad spot on Fridays.

Our New Blog:

Quote: (05-04-2012 11:32 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

Walkabouts are lame, too many drunken Aussie dudes.

What I have to deal with every time I go out [Image: wink.gif]

So far what's your opinion of the quality in London? How does it stack up to other cities and countries you've been to?

Walkabouts are lame, too many drunken Aussie dudes. Tiger-tiger is not a bad spot on Fridays.

It's much more mixed these days I'd say.

A lot of EE and other foreign girls away from home (and guys) go there as it's a much more "meet a stranger" kind of atmosphere than an traditional English pub or bar where they get far less play.

I personally met loads of talent there!

If there's a special Rugby or cricket match on then it could be full of rowdy Aussies or Kiwis ,but it's usually a congenial rowdy rather than a "What you looking at ?Chanting English air of menace" rowdy.

Quote: (05-04-2012 10:57 PM)redacted Wrote:  

hasn't yet.

well ok.

i find the idea of putting on an accent pretty odd, not to mention risky

Quote: (05-05-2012 12:26 AM)P Dog Wrote:  

Walkabouts are lame, too many drunken Aussie dudes.

What I have to deal with every time I go out [Image: wink.gif]

So far what's your opinion of the quality in London? How does it stack up to other cities and countries you've been to?

Not a fan of Aussie dudes, but I met quite a few Aussie chicks in the Hammersmith area. They were full of themselves, always whining about UK and how better things are in Australia.

London is a mixed bag for me, you can always meet someone as so many people are coming and going through the place. It is a fantastic hub for some great cities in Europe, which are alot easier for meeting girls.

Our New Blog:

Quote: (05-06-2012 08:31 AM)Pilgrim37 Wrote:  

A lot of EE and other foreign girls away from home (and guys) go there as it's a much more "meet a stranger" kind of atmosphere than an traditional English pub or bar where they get far less play.

If there's a special Rugby or cricket match on then it could be full of rowdy Aussies or Kiwis ,but it's usually a congenial rowdy rather than a "What you looking at ?Chanting English air of menace" rowdy.

Which location, I have been to the one on Covent Garden and use to live near the one in Islington.

Our New Blog:

English girls dont' seem to like me much but I have really not put in much effort this weekend. Busy with friends I haven't seen in ages. We shall see what the coming week brings.

i already feel like even 3 weeks is too little to get a really good mojo going. A ton of girls are goin to be closed to travelers, so selecting out the ones who are OK with it is important. I am adopting roosh's "sex and drugs" line that he says works as a decent test. I get asked why I am here and where my accent is from constantly and I need a good answer.

i a, definitely feeling the crunch. i only really started feeling like myself again today and i have accomplished nothing gamewise. it doesnt help that the weather on this desolate rock is awful and i never even want to leave the house.

enough excuses. time to get serious or punt.. I do have actual "my job" work to do while i am here but i shouldnt hide behind oligation as an excuse.

Quote: (05-07-2012 08:43 PM)redacted Wrote:  

English girls dont' seem to like me much but I have really not put in much effort this weekend. Busy with friends I haven't seen in ages. We shall see what the coming week brings.

i already feel like even 3 weeks is too little to get a really good mojo going. A ton of girls are goin to be closed to travelers, so selecting out the ones who are OK with it is important. I am adopting roosh's "sex and drugs" line that he says works as a decent test. I get asked why I am here and where my accent is from constantly and I need a good answer.

i a, definitely feeling the crunch. i only really started feeling like myself again today and i have accomplished nothing gamewise. it doesnt help that the weather on this desolate rock is awful and i never even want to leave the house.

enough excuses. time to get serious or punt.. I do have actual "my job" work to do while i am here but i shouldnt hide behind oligation as an excuse.

Not to burst your bubble, but there is a bit of a anti-american thing in London. Personally, I feel it is a bit of jealousy and insecurity on there part. I had on more than one occasion people tell me I was alright because I am "Canadian" and not American.

If the weather is crap head on over to Westfields shopping centre, I use to like to go to Selfridges department store as well to scout for talent. They have a Starbucks inside that you can kill a few hours.

Our New Blog:

i went london a couple years ago for a couple days. i had a great time with the leicester square nightlife. If the folks in one bar isn't taking to you, they'll be very open at another pub just down the street. nice thing about leicester square are there are so many pubs/clubs in such close quarters, and all have unique crowds.

man i wish i could go back.

Quote: (05-06-2012 09:59 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

Quote: (05-06-2012 08:31 AM)Pilgrim37 Wrote:  

Which location, I have been to the one on Covent Garden and use to live near the one in Islington.

The covent garden one used to be a regular hang out and I met my Brazilian girlfriend there.
Shepherds Bush is a massive venue and that was not bad either...but Covent garden was my Glory Days....but that was years ago! Times change...

No bubble to burst, I would believe it. It's a shame, they are missng out on some good lovin'.

This weekend is make or break time.

Quote: (05-07-2012 10:40 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

Quote: (05-07-2012 08:43 PM)redacted Wrote:  

Not to burst your bubble, but there is a bit of a anti-american thing in London. Personally, I feel it is a bit of jealousy and insecurity on there part. I had on more than one occasion people tell me I was alright because I am "Canadian" and not American.

If the weather is crap head on over to Westfields shopping centre, I use to like to go to Selfridges department store as well to scout for talent. They have a Starbucks inside that you can kill a few hours.

Couldn't you just tell them you're Canadian? They won't know the difference.

"Colt 45 and two zigzags, baby that's all we need" - Ronald Reagan

London is a city you need to establish yourself in to get laid. Women are much harder work and it would take time to find your niche venues. Unless you have great style you are just another American tourist. Sorry if that sounds harsh.

Quote: (05-10-2012 08:41 AM)Richie Wrote:  

London is a city you need to establish yourself in to get laid. Women are much harder work and it would take time to find your niche venues. Unless you have great style you are just another American tourist. Sorry if that sounds harsh.

Is the consensus that nationality is a slight obstacle to getting laid for Americans in London on short stays? Is American nationality a boon in second and third tier UK cities, further north? What about the south? I'm a bit surprised about London as I've gotten a warm reception from English girls abroad.

I wouldn't say nationality is an obstacle but it certainly is not an advantage. Unless you can bring something to the table that the Euros of London can't you are going to have to seriously lower your standards. 2nd tier cities will be much more open to an American. Hell even I am exotic outside of London.

How's that change if you're living there for a few years? (looks like I'm moving over this fall)