rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Denver Done Right

Denver Done Right

Back story: I originally found this forum because I was curious about Denver as a place to live, and needed some data on the female population, places to game, etc. Google brought me to one report that was OK, but it wasn't quite what I was looking for. Here's my first contribution of any value:

So I went to Denver and Colorado at large last week, primarily because I need to feel a city out before I live there... And why the fuck not?

I have to admit I went in with a bias; if you listen to the plethora of "Menver" digs and internet drivel concerning the sausage fest scene, you will to. My objective take on that particular notion: it's crap. If you are confident in your game, don't pay any attention.

Stay at the Hyatt on 15th. This turns out to be a massive DHV later on. Check Priceline for deals--I got a fantastic room three floors down from the top for $80. So the boys and I bought two. The view is priceless. LEAVE THE CURTAINS CLOSED WHEN YOU LEAVE. Valet the wheels because it's convenient and a great value.

To start out the night, probably around 5 or 6 pm, hit up Prime. Bank a left out of the hotel lobby and walk down 15th for a few blocks. It's right there on the left. The quality of eats and drinks vs. price is the best ratio I have ever seen, period. Colorado's craft beer scene is among the best, and at $2.50 per pint you can catch a serious buzz for not much money. I guarantee there will also be a few female prospects to get friendly with. I like to leave my options open for later, but if setting up shit early on is your thing this is a good place to do it.

After you're good and buzzed, head back to the Hyatt, do whatever you do to get ready for the night, and then take the elevator all the way up to the Peaks Lounge. There are couches all the way in the back--secure them if you can and run game on whatever ladies show up. They won't be ugly, poor, or trashy. Take 'em with you or save 'em for later--it shouldn't matter.

At 10pm or so you need to head out of the hotel and down 15th (you'll be headed Northwest). There are a few hipster-ish bars on this stretch, but I would advise skipping these unless you have a huge thing for hipster chicks. Bang a right on Blake St. and stop at the Irish Tavern on the left a few blocks down. Not a fertile territory regarding females, but it's a great place to down a couple shots for a reasonable price if you need to grow some last minute balls. Don't overdo it.

Walk further down Blake and head into Beta on the left side of the street. Make sure it's a Thursday or a Saturday. Pay the $15-$25 cover--yeah it's steep for anywhere outside of NYC, but man up and pay it with a smile on your face. If you have the funds, buy a table and a bottle. Go in and enjoy one of the sickest sounds systems you'll ever hear. If prog house and electro is your thing, you'll be in Heaven. Don't pay any attention to the negative reviews online--most of these I bet were written by the poor saps I saw sitting on the periphery, too fucking scared and beta to make moves, or to even have a good time with their boys.

Regarding the ratios: There will be a lot of dudes--it's Denver. Bitch about it all night and ensure that dick stays dry, or man up and make moves. Mixed in with all that sausage will be a ton of top-notch ladies. The majority of the guys aren't running game anyway. They are standing there with their thumbs up their asses, complaining about how standoffish the girls are. They aren't. I've interacted with the fairer gender all over this fine country, and I found Denver girls to be among the easiest and most forgiving to deal with. If you have any sort of game, you will be just fine.

A good plan of attack is to open on the dance floor or around the bars ("WHO on earth are you?" paired with an immediate handshake worked like a charm on the beta girls, as did "You look bored as shit, you're telegraphing it, and if I were less of a man you'd be killing my buzz... What's the deal?" for the top shelf alphas that dig the stronger move. Totally deadpan with slow delivery--this isn't the time for smirks. ) Throw away the trash as soon as you see it for what it is, but move the gold prospects to the outside patio, specifically to the couches to the left. A Lot of women seem to smoke "only when they're drinking" here. If she does or if she doesn't, the patio is mint for isolation. Round at least a base or two out here.

Usually this is where her friends show up from the dance floor and try and shut your Don Juan ass down. BUT, and this was by far the biggest shocker of the entire trip, this simply didn't happen in Denver. It actually happened twice in one night, and once the subsequent night, that the friends came over, made sure flavor of the hour was into me, winked, and disappeared onto the dance floor. It was like the girls play just like the boys do in this town. I like it. Game on.

Something strange I noticed about this venue in particular: find a slick way to accompany your girl to the bathroom lines, and don't let her out of your sight before and after she pisses. I had more than a few prospects sharked from me because I wasn't paying attention to the fact that a very few smart guys were running decent game on the bathroom lines.

Stay until close at 2am. Dance with your girl. Make out with her. Do whatever floats your boat and keeps her on the line. You should have mentioned nonchalantly by now that you are staying close to the top floor of the Hyatt. Don't pour it on thick--just insinuate that this is the case, and maybe that the view would blow her mind. If you have played the friends correctly, they won't be a problem, and as as I mentioned before they may actually aid your cause. Feel it out and play accordingly.

Get the girl back to your room. Pop a right out of Beta on Blake and then go left on 15th. It's a very safe ten minute walk filled with all sorts of people watching, architectural interests, and random opportunity for conversation, making out, etc. Take the elevator up to your room. I shouldn't have to mention what should be happening at this point. After the two of you enter your room, strategically open the blinds that you smartly closed earlier. Show her the view. Watch her melt. It's impossible to blow it at this point. Stay up late and have fun.

Denver Done Right

Nice data sheet with some good insights calling bullshit on the conventional wisdom about Denver. I think it's a great place to game. Well played.