rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Nickname - If you don't have one, get one.

I'm a bit of a character. Every circle I have transitioned in and out of (I've moved a bit) I get a nickname. One I have taken ownership of completely because it is pretty awesome, but for the sake of anonymity I don't want to share (crazy bitches with google skills).

What does a nickname say about you?

1. You have cool friends
2. You are cool enough to have a nickname
3. The meaning behind the nickname can be an ongoing mystery
4. You don't have to give our your real name

Let's say your nickname is the "mechanic". You're not a mechanic professionally. What does it mean? It could mean so many things. Use it to fit your situation.

Have any of the forum goers had luck playing up a nickname?

T-Bone

I really like T-Bones!

Quote: (04-29-2012 03:36 PM)kickboxer Wrote:  

T-Bone

I really like T-Bones!

Koko is another good one.

I know 2 T-bones.

Mine are Doc and FDR.

Long story...

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

For already 12-13 years or so...It started with the Hunter (after something i said in class) because i always was paying attention to the ladies at young age. Other people noticed that already...this nickname became bigger and bigger and moved from college to university, my group of friends and members of my soccerteam. Almost every guy i know....knows me by my nickname.

In the matter of time The hunter changed into just Hunt or Huntje (easy to say in dutch)......most people really have to think about my real first name hahahahaha....they just know me as Hunt. Not a bad nickname for somebody who is chasing women all the time. Everywhere, Every day at any time.

My friends call me Dulst. They read my blog and just started calling me it. I don't mind because it adds a bit of mystery with girls asking why they call me that etc.

21 y/o brit.

I would like to add this:

You can't get an nickname...the people have to give it to you. You can not say to your friends: I prefer you would call me: XXXXX

Not working

what are your nicknames astro?

00badbitch

Quote: (04-29-2012 07:09 PM)HiFlo Wrote:  

what are your nicknames astro?

I won't list my current (for the last several years) as stated in my post, but the one I had living in another state was "The Wolf".

Everyone at work calls me rockstar. The hair has something to do with it.

Quote: (04-29-2012 05:14 PM)Amsterdao! Wrote:  

You can't get an nickname...the people have to give it to you. You can not say to your friends: I prefer you would call me: XXXXX

Not working

When introducing yourself:
"Hey I'm Amsterdao!, but you can call me elbangbang" or "Hey, just call me SuperGNickname"
Giving yourself a nickname is incredibly easy with people you don't know. Gets awkward when you give people different names, though.
Last week I downright lied about my name, and my friend gave his real one out. The girls thought he was lying and I was telling the truth. Pretty sure he'd said my actual name at some point, too.

I've been using an alias lately. Seems to be working pretty well.

"My name's [Middle name]"
"Oh that's a cool name, what's your surname??"
"[Mother's maiden name]"
"Wow that's pretty cool"

This works because, technically, they're my/my family's names (I'm actually getting a tattoo that's relevent to the surname soon, which will make it seem even more reasonable), so I don't have trouble remembering/responding to them, and they work well together. This only works when I'm out solo/with good wingmen. Most of my friends would ruin this pretty damn quickly.

I don't think nicknames give much status.
Yea..maybe it'll make people inquire your real name..but i don't see to much use for them in terms of game.

that being said..I introduce myself with a different name when i meet people i don't care about or dont want looking me up

I am the cock carousel

My nickname is my login here.

In the past I've also been called Doc and Tater.

I have been called too many damned nicknames throughout my life. My favorite one is "Big Rich" which is what my football friends call me despite me being smaller than them.

Nope.

Tater sounds like it would be a nightmare to try explain in a noisy club..

I tell them I'm a hot potato.

They can't hang onto me.

My nickname was my existence in high school. I think the majority of my friends didnt even know my real name until they found via other friends on facebook years later.

I was recently called "Silver-Spoon" by some chicks boyfriend, saying that everything was handed to me. He was a broke little bitch and his girl wanted my cock hard, so I understood his hate.

Another girls boyfriend has starting calling me "Captain America" again out of hate and cause his girl wants the ride the Uncle Same flagpole. He told her he doesnt care if I hang out with her while he is not there, I think hes into some voyeur cuckold shit.

My sister calls me "Rat-Boy" because I had a rat tail when I was like 6. And she is a cunt.

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

Quote: (04-30-2012 08:55 AM)Architekt Wrote:  

Quote: (04-29-2012 05:14 PM)Amsterdao! Wrote:  

Not working

When introducing yourself:
"Hey I'm Amsterdao!, but you can call me elbangbang" or "Hey, just call me SuperGNickname"
Giving yourself a nickname is incredibly easy with people you don't know. Gets awkward when you give people different names, though.
Last week I downright lied about my name, and my friend gave his real one out. The girls thought he was lying and I was telling the truth. Pretty sure he'd said my actual name at some point, too.

I've been using an alias lately. Seems to be working pretty well.

"My name's [Middle name]"
"Oh that's a cool name, what's your surname??"
"[Mother's maiden name]"
"Wow that's pretty cool"

This works because, technically, they're my/my family's names (I'm actually getting a tattoo that's relevent to the surname soon, which will make it seem even more reasonable), so I don't have trouble remembering/responding to them, and they work well together. This only works when I'm out solo/with good wingmen. Most of my friends would ruin this pretty damn quickly.

Well....I meant a nickname for the long-term...people that call you like that for some reason and for a longer period. Not just for the day or event.

Quote: (04-30-2012 09:50 AM)AntiTrace Wrote:  

My sister calls me "Rat-Boy" because I had a rat tail when I was like 6. And she is a cunt.

Got a legit lol out of me.

I have a cool last name so everyone has called me by it my whole life. Some people don't even know what my first name is until they've known me a while. Girls always ask what it means and I usually go with "Don't worry about it" until someone tells them its actually my name.

I have been growing my hair out recently so I keep getting called Bradley Cooper, Mathew McConaughey, Dirk, etc.

Many years ago I did some research on nicknames in general -- it seems that people with on syllable nicknames tend to be easier to communicate with because it's just one syllable. Think Jeffrey => Jeff, Michael => Mike, etc. It was all anecdotal evidence, but it seemed to be a weird trickery of verbal communication. The Aarons and Garys all confirmed that their nicknames ended up being single syllable ones with nothing to do with their real name.

My nickname is "Case" in some circles, although some of my lady pals call me Papa D, or just D. Case is my second middle name singular syllable (from Casey) and seems to make the Neuromancer literary geek females squirt when they hear someone call me that.

I definitely agree that having a nickname unattributed to your real name can be DHV if people actually use it, but getting there isn't the easiest.

Quote: (04-29-2012 03:36 PM)kickboxer Wrote:  

T-Bone

I really like T-Bones!

I used to have this one for a while in the states, I was driving a boat and pushed the gas to go forwards rather than reverse and 't-boned' another boat.

I didn't get to drive the boat much after that episode.

"The Fundraiser"

http://youtu.be/SUOHctF0H_s

i wish my nickname was kramer......i love kramer from seinfeld lol