rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Eggs

I eat a lot of eggs, about 12 a week yolk and all. My cholesterol levels are consistently very healthy since I work out/do cardio, and I know that is the major concern for most people. At last check, I was at 189 total, 79 HDL, 100 LDL, 49 Triglycerides. And I've averaged this type of egg intake for about the last 10 years I would say. It's a great source of protein and at times Omega-3s.

But I don't claim to be an expert at all. So I guess my question is, any reason not to continue eating a ton of eggs? It seems a lot of research backs up the fact that eggs, in whole form, are good for you. For example, this book.

I had duck eggs for the first time this morning. Pretty good but expensive.

Eggs

I am guessing you are in your 20's; within reason, your body can take pretty much anything at this point, especially if you are physically active.

Most health food/lifestyle/drug articles are written for seniors. Thats when stuff like joint pain/high cholesterol/whatever actually can be influenced a ton whether or not you decide to eat kale vs iceberg lettuce etc. Young people get far too influenced by anecdotal experiences following this diet or that workout for a few months and think that the results they got will extrapolate indefinately into the future.

I wouldn't put a ton of stock into individual studies on this or that food or whatnot. As long as you eat normal balanced diet and have a good physical regimen, you will be fine.

Eggs

i am an egg addict,no word of a lie. i must eat at LEAST 60 a week with the yolks.people are afraid of the yokes because half of it is fat (and yes the other half of the yolk is protein!!,not just the white is protein).

i forget my hdl and ldl values but my doctor said my cholesterol values and bp were one of the best he's seen.

eggs are without a doubt one of the best sources of food in the world,let alone protein.dont let anyone think eggs are bad for you.these people are the same people that think refined fruit juices/breads/carbs etc are better for you than an egg.

Eggs

Eggs are a superfood, organic free range eggs, go through about 40 a week, full eggs, as a complete food source they're tough to beat.

Eggs

As long as your numbers are in check and you elevate your heart rate regularly, keep on keeping on. When you hit 30 you need to watch cholesterol a little more closely, but every new study about eggs is showing they're highly beneficial.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Eggs

For breakfast I'll eat a serving of eggs, and a bowl of oatmeal, with a banana in it. Have seen a big difference in the way I feel during the day.

Eggs

I usually eat 3-4 a day, normally in the morning. I don't eat all the yolks though, maybe 1-2 full eggs and the remainder I just eat the whites.

Eggs

There was a recent study linking more than 2 eggs a week to a rise in the risk of Prostate Cancer. I used to eat a lot of eggs, but I have a family history of the disease, so I have cut way back.

Eggs

I eat about 50 eggs a week- usually 3 whole eggs and several egg whites a day.

The link between eggs and high cholesterol that has been touted in the media for years is weak

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

Eggs

Let me start by saying that i love eggs and eat about 3 whole eggs a day. I dont see the point of eating only the eggwhite anymore because the eggwhites are only 3 to 4 grams of protein ( versus 7 for a whole egg).
If i eat 3 eggwhites than i only get about 10gr of protein which is almost nothing considering i need about 120 grams a day for my workout. ( 80 kilo X 1.5 grams)

Does anyone of you eat quark ? I eat half a liter a day in two portions and it gives me 45 grams of (casaine) proteine for only 45 dollarcents.
I use the liquid quark like in the picture of the german quark : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quark_(cheese)

I'm gaining almost a kilo of lean muscle a month for the last 3 months.

lean quark per 100 gram

Energie: 45 kcal, 225 kJ
proteine: 9 or 10 grams
carbs: 3 to 6 grams
fat: 0.1 gram

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

Eggs

YMMV with eggs, like lots of other things.

I'm not a doctor, a nutritionist, not a biochemist.

Here's what I found thru my own research:

1. The recommendations against eggs have to do with their fat content. There was an assumption that high fat consumption caused elevated serum cholesterol levels. More recent research suggests that is not exactly the case.

2. Elevated cholesterol has been associated with increased risk of heart disease, stroke, and atherosclerosis. Again, more recent research suggests the mechanism is more complex.

3. Cholesterol is both ingested and manufactured by the liver. Some people with low consumption of cholesterol have elevated serum cholesterol and vice versa.

4. Recent research suggests that people with chroni arterial inflammation develop atherosclerosis because the body is patching over the inflamed portions of the arteries with cholesterol-based plaque. Reducing or eliminating the arterial inflammation reduces the creation of plaque, regardless of serum cholesterol levels. Less plaque results in less arterial narrowing. Wider arteries lead to lower blood pressure and less stress on te cardiovascular system.

I eat few eggs, but I'm willing to add them to my diet. I will monitor results and work with my doctors.

If you look at my posts, you can see my current supplement regime.

Four years ago, I was 50 years old, BMI about 35, and total cholesterol about 240. Today I'm about 15 pounds lighter, still not exercising enough, but with total cholesterol of 110 and triglycerides <60.

I credit those results on:

1. Statin plus OTC niacin

2. Lower glycemic / sorta paleo diet

3. Some weight loss

Eggs

I love eggs, they are a better source of quality protein than many other foods. I eat eggs in different shapes throughout the day.

My favorite way to eat eggs, is an omelet with grated Parmesan/mozzarella, ham/salami and onions.

Eggs

I have been eating 2 eggs an a serving of rice everyday for breakfast for the past 2 months... its only 60 pesos at the dimsun near my apartment [Image: biggrin.gif]

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Eggs

Quote: (04-28-2012 03:54 PM)slubu Wrote:  

At last check, I was at 189 total, 79 HDL, 100 LDL, 49 Triglycerides.

How old are you?

Eggs

Eggs are awesome as long as you stay organic and free range. As for cholesterol - there's no link between dietary cholesterol and serum cholesterol so don't worry.

21 y/o brit.

Eggs

Quote: (05-03-2012 05:29 PM)oldnemesis Wrote:  

Quote: (04-28-2012 03:54 PM)slubu Wrote:  

At last check, I was at 189 total, 79 HDL, 100 LDL, 49 Triglycerides.

How old are you?

Early 30s

Eggs

Quark is best, a bit expensive in north america. has less sodium than cottage cheese.

Eggs

My parents own an organic farm that's also all free range, so I'm pretty lucky. In fact they actually sell their meats and eggs to a power-lifter club and a few fitness places around us. I usually eat about 4 - 6 whole eggs a day. I also eat about a half pound of our 90/10 ground beef to go along with it.

Eggs

Eggs are good for you, no bullshit. Raise your testosterone.

Eggs

I thought this thread was going to be about women's fertility.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Eggs

Quote: (05-03-2012 05:22 PM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

I have been eating 2 eggs an a serving of rice everyday for breakfast for the past 2 months... its only 60 pesos at the dimsun near my apartment [Image: biggrin.gif]

I know this is only one study, but just wanted to put it out there:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/201...225751.htm

Eggs

I eat 6 raw organic eggs everyday as per Vince Gironda's advice. Going to increase it to 12 per day soon. I am getting bigger and stronger each day.

Eggs

Quote: (05-05-2012 11:14 AM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

Man i have been eating a shit load of white rice since i been in Asia... i told this one girl thats been comming over an cooking my dinner to bring brown rice this time instead of white rice an she said "whats that" they all eat white rice!!

I will be in Australia next month so my rice intake will be much less

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Eggs

Im also eating alot of eggs. Usually I start the day with ca a thumb size of chopped chorizo, 3-4 eggs and some slices of mozarella. It gives me lots of energy for 4-5 hours. Without the tirednes I sometimes get after eating other kinds of food.

Once at a vecation, one of my friends wanted to skip his sandwiches with a breakfast similar to mine. Many hours later he was almost in shoch because he first then realised he had gone several more hours then usual without eating.

Egg is also one of the cheapest sources of proteine. At least around here.

Eggs

Quote: (05-06-2012 01:41 PM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

Quote: (05-05-2012 11:14 AM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

Man i have been eating a shit load of white rice since i been in Asia... i told this one girl thats been comming over an cooking my dinner to bring brown rice this time instead of white rice an she said "whats that" they all eat white rice!!

I will be in Australia next month so my rice intake will be much less

people in asia have been eating white rice for years,their bodies are so accustomed to it that they dont get fat.the have a really healthy diet compared to westerners (obviously lol).the only bad thing about asian diets is the amount of soy they use.even though white rice has a higher gi than brown,it seems like those asians suck up that white rice like sponges and dont get fat haha,could be all the green tea too.