rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Queens Day in Amsterdam (Info needed)

Back home from an interesting albeit dry trip in Slovakia. Not even worth writing a data sheet on honestly.

I just got word that Queens Day is this Monday in the Netherlands but primarily in Amsterdam. Has anyone ever attended? I scoured over youtube and a few blogs, seems like a winning situation. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated. Grazie.

Queensday is all over Holland in every major city.You don't have to go to Amsterdam. I don't have info on Amsterdam, i've been there once on Queensday 12 years ago. It was pretty awesome back then.
I pretty much hate Amsterdam and i refuse to set foot in that city but i think forum member Amsterdao knows more about it.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

I love going out in Amsterdam in general, but Queensday can be celebrated in every city just like Neil says. The only difference between Amsterdam and other cities is that the parties around the canals and at the boats cruisin through the canals. I went to Eindhoven a couple of years ago with q-day and had a blast....parties were less spreaded out, less tourists and lots of booze and cute girls (with a sexy south dutch accent hhahahaha)

Since last year they changed a lot of rules to keep it safe during this day. All the parties will be more spread out over the city. Anyway, here are some options for q-day in Amsterdam:

Slam FM! party @ Java Island/Eiland
Q-day festival @Olympic stadium
LOveland festival@ Oosterpark (maybe sold out)

....and just walking through amsterdam Leidseplein and surroundings, Jordaan, the canals

I saw your thread a little bit late so i hope you still have a chance to use this info.

Just read an article about how they are going to try to ban foreigners from buying marijuana in Dutch coffee shops. I think that it's a big mistake, you know how much money they're going to lose out on from pot tourists! With this development, the banning of selling mushrooms, and the shrinking and fazing out of the red light district, it seems like Amsterdam is trying to change it's image. I wonder why the Dutch have become so conservative over the past 10 years? I was in Amsterdam back in 2002 when I was 18 years old, man that was a good time, too bad that things have changed over there.

Quote: (04-29-2012 03:08 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

Just read an article about how they are going to try to ban foreigners from buying marijuana in Dutch coffee shops. I think that it's a big mistake, you know how much money they're going to lose out on from pot tourists! With this development, the banning of selling mushrooms, and the shrinking and fazing out of the red light district, it seems like Amsterdam is trying to change it's image. I wonder why the Dutch have become so conservative over the past 10 years? I was in Amsterdam back in 2002 when I was 18 years old, man that was a good time, too bad that things have changed over there.

Well...for the past decades Amsterdam was some kind of Sin city for tourists and (uk) stag parties...and that brought some problems as well...every weekend.

Like for example the mushrooms..There was this french girl (17/18 years old) who took some and fell of a bridge. dead. After that there was all kind of discussion about the mushrooms....so they really want to change the image.

I like to travel, but always have to answer questions about legal pot to foreigners...not funny. The majority in holland doesn't even like to smoke pot on a regular basis. It's the same as in Colombia.....they don't want to hear all the time about violence and cocaine, because the tourists are the main users of cocaine. Sure you can get it everywhere, but the local people are strongly against it.