rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

South Beach

South Beach

I know there are lots of Miami threads, and this is a swoop-orientated forum (I already know the girls in Miami are one of the best, if not the best), but I have a more general question.

How is it living in South beach? I got fucked over by a future roommate who is a good friend and now I might have to move there alone.

Its never easy moving to a new city alone, especially when its so far from your current city. I recall my friend saying that its hard to meet quality people in Miami, and this worries me. I have lots of good friends in DC, its just lacking in talent and fun girls.

I'm kinda apprehensive about moving to a brand new place if the prospect of finding quality friends is dim. However, I also think it would give me a shot of life. Although I like DC, I've been here 5 years and could use a life change.

Also for full disclosure to get an idea about money/jobs. I work from home and make around 120k, so its not like I'm going to a shady market to find a low paying job (which would deter many people, rightfully so).

Any ideas?

South Beach

Quote: (04-26-2012 03:45 PM)_DC_ Wrote:  

I know there are lots of Miami threads, and this is a swoop-orientated forum (I already know the girls in Miami are one of the best, if not the best), but I have a more general question.

How is it living in South beach? I got fucked over by a future roommate who is a good friend and now I might have to move there alone.

Its never easy moving to a new city alone, especially when its so far from your current city. I recall my friend saying that its hard to meet quality people in Miami, and this worries me. I have lots of good friends in DC, its just lacking in talent and fun girls.

I'm kinda apprehensive about moving to a brand new place if the prospect of finding quality friends is dim. However, I also think it would give me a shot of life. Although I like DC, I've been here 5 years and could use a life change.

Any ideas?

I moved to a new city(brownsville) after living in a city(corpus) for six years. I moved in with somebody from my unit I barely knew. Except for the army we didnt have too much in common. I went out to hunt he drank and smoked at the apt. So you could say I moved to a brand new city with no connections.

It's hard for men to make friends. Especially 25+ because people start new careers after college, finding lizards to do that marriage thing. The American dream of 9-5 and some lizard that will probably get fat on you in five years.

My advice is to network. Gym, school, work, shit even bars. I've met some cats at bars that I would kick it with to this day. I dont know how many Miami players we have but put out an invite. If Mixx was here he probably would hit you up for a hunt or two. If you are getting your own spot, it wouldn't hurt to couchsurf. Hit that couchsurf thread up. You have one of the best cities in the US to use it.

Stay open, network and you will be good to go. Don't sweat it. More than half the population probably never moved 100 miles outside their hometown haha.

The cycle of disrespect can start with just an appetizer.

South Beach

i live in DC and in '08 I lived in SoBe for a month a loved it. Granted, it was January and the weather was perfect, but it was a nice change of pace. From what I understand SoBe is fun for a while but starts to get old after a few years. Enjoy it, when you get sick of it gtfo and go somewhere else.

South Beach

Search 'moving to miami' thread

South Beach

Quote: (04-26-2012 03:45 PM)_DC_ Wrote:  

I'm kinda apprehensive about moving to a brand new place if the prospect of finding quality friends is dim.

Any ideas?

Dude you're half right. I moved to Miami 2 years ago and there are alot of sub par people. Guys and girls who lie out their asses, are full of it, and will dick you over out of nowhere.

After all of that crap, i've been able to find the people out there that are good people and are worth my time. Now I have a slew of different social group of good friends. In total, I have about 15 - 20 guy friends who are amazing people in their own ways and I trust.

So they're out there, you just gotta ask yourself how bad you want it.

Good luck.