rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

recovery workouts from weights and body weight cardio

Does anybody know some good recovery workouts? Right now I'm doing a combination of weight workouts from the Six Pack Short Cuts (don't let the name fool you - it's just marketing - it focuses on squats and dead lifts with extended reps and shortened rest times) and the Insanity Workout, which is body weight cardio workouts (body weight squats).

I'm really happy with both of them but they just kick my ass. After 4 days in a row of alternating between the 2 I'm just beat. Does anyone know some good recovery workouts where I can still get a workout but give my muscles a break?

15 minute jog or 5 minute jump rope + a couple sets each of pushups, bodyweight squats, pullups.

If you have a track that you can use (or a treadmill I just prefer a track) then go for a 20 minute run. Do as many laps around the track as you can, at a good mile pace (6:30).
Try and go for between 10-15 laps (2-3 miles).

I like to use this recovery workout because I treat it as agame where I have to beat my high score, aka how many laps I did the last time I ran.

Why not just rest your body. Take a long walk. Do some stretching or yoga for a good 30 minutes to an hour.

Over-training is a bitch.

Quote: (04-23-2012 08:43 AM)UgSlayer Wrote:  

Why not just rest your body. Take a long walk. Do some stretching or yoga for a good 30 minutes to an hour.

Over-training is a bitch.

this x 10. just rest, no workouts. eat protein.