rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

UFC Jones vs Evans

UFC Jones vs Evans

Jones looks much bigger and is very skilled. If Evans wins I would consider it a major upset. Anyone got Evans or watching the fight?

UFC Jones vs Evans

I'd be shocked if Evans won, Jones as just bulldozed through too many top notch fighters. Plus IMO height and reach can play a big role in a fight, Jones is 5 in. taller than Evans, and has a much longer reach. Evans best shot to win is on the ground with Jiujitsu.

UFC Jones vs Evans

Quote: (04-21-2012 07:10 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

I'd be shocked if Evans won, Jones as just bulldozed through too many top notch fighters. Plus IMO height and reach can play a big role in a fight, Jones is 5 in. taller than Evans, and has a much longer reach. Evans best shot to win is on the ground with Jiujitsu.

He's never submitted anyone in the UFC.

And Jones has never been taken down...ever.

Between those two things and the fact that the reach is such a huge deal in the stand up part of the fight, I think Jones is going to win.

But Rashad has a better chance of beating him than Machida, Rampage, or Shogun did. If anyone in the light heavyweight division can actually take Jones down for some ground and pound, it'll be Rashad or Dan Henderson [who gets to face the winner of this fight btw...].

That is, unless Rashad's fight with Phil Davis was any indicator of the level he's at...Rashad should have put Davis away but couldn't do it. He won, but he didn't look very good.

UFC Jones vs Evans

I don't see how Evans wins this.

I should've started a "Meet-Up: UFC Party" at my crib.

Next time.

UFC Jones vs Evans

40 minutes to fight time, anyone know a link for free streaming?

UFC Jones vs Evans

The fight went pretty much the way I thought it would. It wasn't the most exciting fight, because of the difference in size and styles of the two fighters. Jones has such a unique skillset and angular frame that it's hard for any fighter, let alone a smaller one, to get to him. Evans couldn't get in tight enough to really get off. Evans was slightly staggered a couple of times, though not really damaged. Jones just picked Evans apart for the easy decision. Evans is still no joke though - he's the only guy to go the distance with Jones, and you could see the respect he has for Evans despite all the harsh talk between the two before the fight.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

UFC Jones vs Evans

Jones' reach was the difference. Those elbows in the second round made Rashad think twice about getting in range and boxing with him.

I was rooting for Rashad, however it was disappointing to see him cruise through the final 2 rounds. I felt as if he just wanted to ride out the fight instead of throwing caution to the wind for the takedown or knockout...

UFC Jones vs Evans

So Dan Henderson is next? Anyone think he has a legit chance? Silver seems too small for Jones and I'm not sure gaining weight for him would help. Maybe Jones is unstoppable for awhile.

UFC Jones vs Evans

Quote: (04-21-2012 08:25 PM)Keyser Söze Wrote:  

40 minutes to fight time, anyone know a link for free streaming?

wasnt around last night but going forward you can usually stream these things at firstrowsports.eu

UFC Jones vs Evans

Quote: (04-22-2012 06:28 AM)JayMillz Wrote:  

So Dan Henderson is next? Anyone think he has a legit chance? Silver seems too small for Jones and I'm not sure gaining weight for him would help. Maybe Jones is unstoppable for awhile.

Jones is a freak of nature. Skills aside, he has an insane reach for his weight (or for any weight for that matter) - and reach is the biggest advantage you can have in a MMA type fight.

I don't see anyone in the current MMA roster who can stop him.

Balkan Power Individual™

UFC Jones vs Evans

Quote: (04-22-2012 09:37 AM)calex Wrote:  

Jones is a freak of nature. Skills aside, he has an insane reach for his weight (or for any weight for that matter) - and reach is the biggest advantage you can have in a MMA type fight.

I don't see anyone in the current MMA roster who can stop him.

IMO Anderson would match him. His weight wouldn't be an issue as his natural walk around weight is 200+, although there is no way he is going to go up a class and jeopardize his legacy.

Hendo will be next. Whilst he is a beast, I don't think he could get Jones to the ground as his take down defence is too good, so there is no way he will beat him.

UFC Jones vs Evans

Silva vs Jones would be an awesome fight. Probably the two best pound for pound and most dangerous fighters on the planet, similar styles, and similar sizes. From what I've seen from them though I think there is so much mutual respect between the two they're almost scared of each other and neither has a desire to fight the other.

UFC Jones vs Evans

Quote: (04-22-2012 11:47 AM)Brian Wrote:  

Silva vs Jones would be an awesome fight. Probably the two best pound for pound and most dangerous fighters on the planet, similar styles, and similar sizes. From what I've seen from them though I think there is so much mutual respect between the two they're almost scared of each other and neither has a desire to fight the other.

If Anderson beats Sonnen in June than I think Dana will be "forced" to schedule Silva x Jones.

Chicks need to be on rotation like a Netflix queue

UFC Jones vs Evans

I hope not. I like Silva too much to watch him get beaten by a 15 years younger, 20 cm longer version of himself.

edit: 20 cm longer, heheh.

Balkan Power Individual™

UFC Jones vs Evans

Quote: (04-22-2012 12:00 PM)calex Wrote:  

I hope not. I like Silva too much to watch him get beaten by a 15 years younger, 20 cm longer version of himself.

edit: 20 cm longer, heheh.

Jones is good but something tells me that if those two were to fight the veterans experience would be the difference

UFC Jones vs Evans

Quote: (04-22-2012 11:57 AM)Mr.GM Wrote:  

Quote: (04-22-2012 11:47 AM)Brian Wrote:  

If Anderson beats Sonnen in June than I think Dana will be "forced" to schedule Silva x Jones.

Yeah, I don't think Silva really wants it with Jon Jones. He has NO size advantage like he almost always has at middleweight, and he's facing one of the best wrestlers in the UFC-- he hates facing wrestlers. He's too smart for that. I think Silva would prefer to fight GSP at welterweight if he does decide to change weight classes, even if that means waiting for him. GSP is a great wrestler too, but Anderson would have a big size advantage moving down to face him.

Also, Jon Jones apparently wants to have a fight at heavyweight before the end of 2012, so that would also get in the way. Honestly, Jonny Bones is just going to dominate LHW until he is ready tom move up to HW and kill it there.

I think most likely though, Silva is just going to stay at middleweight, and if he gets past Chael he'll just win a couple more and retire champion there.

UFC Jones vs Evans

So Dan Henderson is next? Anyone think he has a legit chance?

I do.

Hendo has been on a roll lately. He's one of those guys you can pretty much never count out. A tough SOB, who's never been knocked out I believe.

If Hendo loses, it's by decision, or possibly submission (less likely). But the favourite is still Jones.

UFC Jones vs Evans

Henderson has great power and would probably be the biggest puncher Jones has ever faced. A guy like that always has a chance.

I'd like to see Evans cut down to 185 and fight Silva. He's had a nice run at 205 but seeing him yesterday he was so much smaller then Jones it made me think he needs to drop down a weight class to maximize his ability.

UFC Jones vs Evans

Silva vs Jones would be a great fight indeed , IMO Jones would be the favorite for reasons mentioned above.

About Chael , Although I'm Brazilian , I like what he does to promote the fight , always talking shit about Brazil hehe People want to kill him here. I hope he doensn't chicken out and come here to Fight Silva... I've been hearing in the media recently that Chael's agent wants to move the fight to Vegas because he is scared about the Brazilian crowd reaction to his comments..lol

Chicks need to be on rotation like a Netflix queue