rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Style - Blazers

Style - Blazers

For all of you who rock blazers often (like myself), just wondering where you buy your blazers from? Lots of places sell blazers but to find a good slim fitting isn't too easy.

Personally, I always check out Zara, Mexx and Stars as they seem to have pretty good blazers sometimes.

Style - Blazers

get a cheap one from TJ MAX or ebay, then bring it to a tailor.

also indochino.com looks cool, wanted to try it out one of these days. very cheap custom made suits and jackets. fairly good reviews from what i heard.

Style - Blazers

I just got a few custom made, bespoke the only way to roll. Fits like a glove, which if you're a fit guy is a big plus.

Style - Blazers

I should also mention I'm in no position right now to be spending $800+ on a blazer [Image: tongue.gif]

Style - Blazers

Quote: (04-21-2012 03:48 PM)1bliss Wrote:  

For all of you who rock blazers often (like myself), just wondering where you buy your blazers from? Lots of places sell blazers but to find a good slim fitting isn't too easy.

Personally, I always check out Zara, Mexx and Stars as they seem to have pretty good blazers sometimes.

More of a sports coat guy myself,
- J. Press
- Paul Stuart
- Vintage/Thrift + add elbow patches + finish with taxi driver's/newsboy cap.

Darts (to bring in the jacket) usually cost me about 40 bucks.

WIA

Style - Blazers

Express has some nice slim fit suits. Also, check out Banana Republic. The last khaki blazer I bought from there didn't require any tailoring. There's no reason in spending a lot of money on blazers until you feel comfortable wearing them, so go with something cheap and work your way up. No matter how expensive a suit is, if you look awkward, it won't help. Getting used to, and "flowing" in a suit takes a little time.

Be patient young padawans, and go to the mall.

Style - Blazers

Where do you live? Bigger cities often have sample sales for high-end brands that could net you rocking suits, blazers, jackets at big discounts. I built my entire wardrobe in NYC after about 3 years of precision bombing these places. If you live in or near NYC I could give some more specific tips. Or if you live near another metropolitan area say so and I might have a few tips for you.

Style - Blazers

Quote: (04-21-2012 11:09 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

More of a sports coat guy myself,
- J. Press
- Paul Stuart
- Vintage/Thrift + add elbow patches + finish with taxi driver's/newsboy cap.

Darts (to bring in the jacket) usually cost me about 40 bucks.

WIA

Haha, J. Press, very old school. Have to say though, I don't think their cut flatters anyone.

I've heard great things about SuitSupply. Their blazer selection isn't big right now, but I'm digging this one:

[Image: C486.jpg]

I definitely want to get a suit or blazer in cookie monster blue/marine blue at some point. Here's Muhammad Ali rocking one.

I also find that double breasted coats give your torso a more contoured, tapered, V shape, especially for the more muscular guys who can look boxy in a suit. A good double-breasted suit is always a bit of a show-stopper. I prefer the ones with a lower button stance, like so:

[Image: 00310m.jpg]

The lowered button stance gives a more open, relaxed, debonair appearance. The angle of the lapels looks more natural, smooth. The high stance ones make you look like a tight-ass doorman, like so:

[Image: double-breasted-suit-thumb.jpg]

Style - Blazers

H&M has surprisingly nice blazers.

Check out Topshop if you're in NYC. In fact, walk down Broadway in Soho, and you'll find more than enough places that sell nice blazers

Style - Blazers

H&M is a good suggestion. Zara has done me well lately

Style - Blazers

Corneliani makes some nice jackets, like this 4x2 double breasted one
[Image: attachment.jpg5957]   

Style - Blazers

I would usually recommend finding out your size (shoulders, arm length, etc) with a tailor and then buying on ebay or styleforum buying and selling. save tons of money.

If you're more casual like me, I like the ones from http://www.apolisglobal.com and they have an interesting story and nice cut. not so formal.

Style - Blazers

I have a Hart Shafner and Marx blazer I paid $4 for in a thrift store, and spent $22 having re-altered.

I only wear it six months out of the year because it is hot in the south, but when I do wear it I look fucking sharp.

Style - Blazers

^ Is it worth seeking out a fresh Blazer in a big size and getting it altered? Plus any tips for the shorter kats out there? I clock in at about 5 9". Well built with good sized shoulders and arms.

Style - Blazers

Quote: (06-04-2012 09:49 PM)kosko Wrote:  

^ Is it worth seeking out a fresh Blazer in a big size and getting it altered? Plus any tips for the shorter kats out there? I clock in at about 5 9". Well built with good sized shoulders and arms.

The important thing is that it fits in the chest and shoulders. A tailor can add waist suppression.

At 5'9, a classic fit would be a regular, but if you wanted a more contemporary look you might try a short. Be careful though, er on the side of classic.

Style - Blazers

Quote: (04-23-2012 01:29 PM)ex8mast Wrote:  

Nice Jacket ex8mast, Kindly post a link where I can find the price and more info.... THX.

"You can not fake good kids" - Mike Pence

Style - Blazers

Quote: (06-04-2012 10:20 PM)Lothario Wrote:  

Nice Jacket ex8mast, Kindly post a link where I can find the price and more info.... THX.

Yeah I missed that post, that's a beautiful beautiful blazer. I have a Polo jacket that I believe is a Corneliani, really beautiful stuff. Lovely natural shoulders, soft hand, slim fit.

Style - Blazers

Why not get custom made ones?

Style - Blazers

i was at zara (in the eaton's centre for all you tronno cats) and i saw this double-breasted blazer for $160

[Image: 1564339401_1_1_3.jpg]

good?
or gay?

Style - Blazers

Quote: (06-04-2012 09:49 PM)kosko Wrote:  

I'm sort of in the same boat as you. I'm 5'6" and have a 38 chest and broader then normal shoulders. This makes it difficult for me to find a jacket that will fit my chest, shoulders, and length (that doesn't make it look like a dress). I like my jacket length to be 28-28.5 (bottom of collar).

The J.Crew Ludlow fits me almost perfectly off the rack. All I need to do is get the sleeve length adjusted. The button stance is a little low for my taste though.

I've also gone the Indochino route and extremely pleased with the fit. I have quite a few suits/blazers so I know exactly how my measurements are. When I got my suit from them all I had to do was get the waist taken in a bit. Everything else was spot on.

SuitSupply has some nice blazers that fit me well in the chest and shoulders if I sized up. However the sleeve and jacket length ended up being to long for me. The sleeves have functional buttonholes so taking the sleeve length from the armhole put the jacket price higher then I wanted.

For you athletic/shorter guys I can't recommend Indochino enough. Sure the suits aren't fully canvassed but for me getting the perfect fit trumps the quality. All for a quarter of the price. Only the sartorially savvy can distinguish a suit by the drape of the jacket. Everyone can tell the difference between too big of a jacket and one that fits you perfectly.

Style - Blazers

Quote: (06-05-2012 01:18 AM)basilransom Wrote:  

Yeah I missed that post, that's a beautiful beautiful blazer. I have a Polo jacket that I believe is a Corneliani, really beautiful stuff. Lovely natural shoulders, soft hand, slim fit.

I can't see anyone pulling this off but Don Cherry.

Style - Blazers

Quote: (06-07-2012 02:51 PM)hiphoppotamus Wrote:  

Quote: (06-05-2012 01:18 AM)basilransom Wrote:  

I can't see anyone pulling this off but Don Cherry.

Nah. Pair it with grey flannels or nice dark blue jeans and brown or navy suede shoes and you're in business. Maybe switch the white shirt for a blue one.

Style - Blazers

Quote: (06-05-2012 02:06 AM)poutsara Wrote:  

Why not get custom made ones? Bespoke (tailor makes it right there on the spot, measures against you as it is made) is best, made to measure is a close second (they take your measurements, like 20 of them, then a tailor somewhere else far away makes it and then they can adjust as necessary). Different cities have different stores that can do this, a little internet snooping will help you find them. There are also online places to check out.

A few online tailors to check out are:

www.moderntailor.com
www.mysuitny.com
www.suitsupply.com

Style - Blazers

http://indochino.com/
http://www.blacklapel.com/
http://www.orderyourgarments.com/

These are the also famous tailor for suits.

Style - Blazers

I get mine from Mango. They're pretty cheap and fit really well. This is my latest purchase:

[Image: 13017002_T3.jpg]