rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

8 Glasses of Water a Day
Glasses of Water a Day
Any of you guys actually drink 8 glasses of water each day? How do you feel health-wise doing so?

I personally drink very little water but I would like to start doing this from now on, just for health and well being purposes.

I would appreciate any insight and input from the fellow members.
Glasses of Water a Day
This is including the fluids in your food/drink throughout the day.

There really is no need to go out and buy two litres of water every day. You need more fluids when your pee is dark, that's all there is to hydration.

Quote: (03-05-2016 02:42 PM)SudoRoot Wrote:  
Fuck this shit, I peace out.
Glasses of Water a Day
I must drink at least 10 glasses of green tea throughout the day and a good 5-6 glasses of water. Not sure if that makes any difference but much better than gulping 4-5 coffees or worst, cokes per day as I see some around me doing on a daily basis.
Glasses of Water a Day
^Is your green tea caffeinated? I just read the other day that if you drink a lot of caffeine then you should drink more than 8 glasses of water a day to compensate for the water you lose when drinking a diuretic.
Glasses of Water a Day
I notice a big difference in my workouts from when I am properly hydrated and not hydrated. Also if I am not hydrated my lips begin to chap and my face looks worse.
Glasses of Water a Day
I drink over 2 litres of water a day, (Plus black tea, milk, coke etc. which I don't count).

I feel pretty good.
Glasses of Water a Day
It's an alright rule of thumb but it's pretty simplistic. Sometimes you need a lot more than 8 glasses (it's hot out, you've been exercising a lot), sometimes you don't need that much. If your piss is clear you're well-hydrated.
Glasses of Water a Day
The 8 glasses per day is a widely held myth as is the idea of drinking more water if you consume caffeine drinks. If you drink coffee or soda you are drinking water and yes that counts toward you total intake. Drink according to your thirst. If you frequently have dark pee or morning headaches drink more water beforehand. Strenuous activities require more water. Other than that don't worry about it.
Glasses of Water a Day
Currently on a diet, so I drink 3 liters of water each day..
Glasses of Water a Day
Quote: (04-18-2012 05:38 PM)gringochileno Wrote:  

It's an alright rule of thumb but it's pretty simplistic. Sometimes you need a lot more than 8 glasses (it's hot out, you've been exercising a lot), sometimes you don't need that much. If your piss is clear you're well-hydrated.

That sounds like a valid, simple and nice criteria. Are we talking about almost-water clear piss here? Sometimes I drink more water than what I'm used to and yet still piss yellow.
Glasses of Water a Day
As has been said above me, the 8 glasses is a myth.

You get a lot of water from the food you eat. Unless you're eating crackers and potato chips all day, 8 glasses is overkill.

But by all means stay hydrated. I drink a lot of water, I love the taste of evian, I prefer it to soda.
I piss pretty clear, sometimes it will be crystal clear with only a slight yellow tinge.
If it's dark yellow then that's your cue to hit the fridge.

Oh and if I've been out drinking, I ALWAYS have a pint of water before bed. This will replace the water lost due to alcohol and prevent that nasty hangover. I can't remember the last time I was hungover. Word of warning; make sure you take a piss before you sleep otherwise you might have another nasty surprise when you wake up. (never happened to me, I have a strong bladder, but I don't want my advice to result in anyone pissing themselves)

"Colt 45 and two zigzags, baby that's all we need" - Ronald Reagan
Glasses of Water a Day
Quote: (04-18-2012 06:44 PM)FretDancer Wrote:  

That sounds like a valid, simple and nice criteria. Are we talking about almost-water clear piss here? Sometimes I drink more water than what I'm used to and yet still piss yellow.

Actually, there is as much danger in overhydrating as in underhydrating. Your piss should not be water-clear, it should have some color (but not be too dark either, which means you are dehydrated). It results in demineralisation, loss of energy, lowered metabolism, sensation of cold...

When you present those symptoms, you should eat something salty and/or sweet and dry.

check that article for more:
http://180degreehealth.com/2012/02/how-m...+Health%29

From the article:
"For our cells to produce energy, they need a certain concentration of glucose and electrolytes at any given time. When levels become too low in the intracellular environment, the cells have no choice but to start dumping out water in buckets, which often triggers a very strong and sudden urge to urinate and/or bouts of frequent urination as often as 5-6 times per hour. You might see this happening when you haven’t eaten in a really long time, after a stressful event, or in the middle of the night around 4am.

When overhydration occurs, the electrolyte and glucose “batteries” of your cells get flooded and cannot produce energy normally. The result is you feel horrible and trigger an adrenaline response, with any number of different symptoms – certainly reduced peripheral circulation (cold hands, feet, and tip of nose). For whatever reason, it is easier and easier to achieve overhydration the lower metabolism gets. It’s as if sugar and salt is increasingly difficult to hold on to, or is in scarcer supply at the cellular level, in a reduced metabolic state."
Glasses of Water a Day

There's nothing wrong with pissing completely clear but a slight yellow tinge is OK. What you really want to avoid is pissing dark yellow, then you're definitely dehydrated.

Quote: (04-18-2012 07:34 PM)TheShiningOne Wrote:  

Actually, there is as much danger in overhydrating as in underhydrating. Your piss should not be water-clear, it should have some color (but not be too dark either, which means you are dehydrated). It results in demineralisation, loss of energy, lowered metabolism, sensation of cold...

When you present those symptoms, you should eat something salty and/or sweet and dry.

check that article for more:
http://180degreehealth.com/2012/02/how-m...+Health%29

From the article:
"For our cells to produce energy, they need a certain concentration of glucose and electrolytes at any given time. When levels become too low in the intracellular environment, the cells have no choice but to start dumping out water in buckets, which often triggers a very strong and sudden urge to urinate and/or bouts of frequent urination as often as 5-6 times per hour. You might see this happening when you haven’t eaten in a really long time, after a stressful event, or in the middle of the night around 4am.

When overhydration occurs, the electrolyte and glucose “batteries” of your cells get flooded and cannot produce energy normally. The result is you feel horrible and trigger an adrenaline response, with any number of different symptoms – certainly reduced peripheral circulation (cold hands, feet, and tip of nose). For whatever reason, it is easier and easier to achieve overhydration the lower metabolism gets. It’s as if sugar and salt is increasingly difficult to hold on to, or is in scarcer supply at the cellular level, in a reduced metabolic state."

Unless you're running marathons you're very unlikely to get water intoxication just from consciously increasing your intake. This kind of stuff usually only happens if you're really chugging it down and simultaneously losing salt over a long period of time (people who run marathons and take a long time to finish sometimes get water intoxicated because they sweat out a bunch of salt while consciously re-hydrating).
Glasses of Water a Day
I get around 8 glasses in a day, I just drink water and avoid soda.

I'll occasionally have a Jones but its pretty rare. Soda makes me feel like shit and mentally lazy.
Glasses of Water a Day
Quote: (04-18-2012 08:12 PM)torontokid Wrote:  

I'll occasionally have a Jones but its pretty rare. Soda makes me feel like shit and mentally lazy.

I have found a happy medium with sparkling water. I am completely obsessed with the stuff and drink a litre or two a day...

That way I get my water intake as well as the fizz!
Glasses of Water a Day
Yes, I drink at least 8 cups of water a day, mostly get it in a work. I've heard that something like 3 cups of water in the morning does the same thing as coffee; regarding waking you up. I do feel healthier since doing it, meaning when I drink lots of water I am able to stay exercise (for example) at the gym slightly more efficiently. I would recommend trying it... it helps with headaches, back pains, and weight loss because it helps metabolism speed up.
Glasses of Water a Day
Yeah I've only been drinking water for the past two months. I think it's helped keep my muscles firmer for longer when I don't exercise.
Glasses of Water a Day
I think the 8 glasses a day thing came about when some juice company (one of the drinks where you add water to a little of the juice) paid a scientist to say you needed 8 glasses a day and by drinking the juice it would make it easier.
Glasses of Water a Day
Quote: (04-18-2012 08:30 PM)-g- Wrote:  

Yes, I drink at least 8 cups of water a day, mostly get it in a work. I've heard that something like 3 cups of water in the morning does the same thing as coffee; regarding waking you up. I do feel healthier since doing it, meaning when I drink lots of water I am able to stay exercise (for example) at the gym slightly more efficiently. I would recommend trying it... it helps with headaches, back pains, and weight loss because it helps metabolism speed up.

I defiantly don't drink enough water. This sounds like a good tip, I'll try it and report back.
Glasses of Water a Day
Quote: (04-18-2012 08:25 PM)Lukey Wrote:  

Quote: (04-18-2012 08:12 PM)torontokid Wrote:  

I have found a happy medium with sparkling water. I am completely obsessed with the stuff and drink a litre or two a day...

That way I get my water intake as well as the fizz!

I drink a lot of sparkling water too. Preferably the naturally/lightly sparkling stuff. To make it extra refreshing squeeze some lime or lemon in there.

I've always drunk a lot of water so can't speak to the benefits, but I feel lethargic or get headaches when I'm dehydrated.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat
Glasses of Water a Day
8 glasses isn't enough. You need at least a gallon, especially if your are psychically fit and active. I drink 4-5 -1 liter - Mason jars daily of water.

Any type of liquid counts but of course keep it clean. Juice will get you liquids but the sugar in it will you no good long term.

Right now I am pounding back a 1.5L bottle of water, this is roughly 8 glasses and would probably drink 2 or 3 of these daily. They say your piss should be only tinted yellow and that's how you know your hydrated, If your pee looks like a yellow crayon your not getting enough water. Evreybody is different though I usually pound back my water in large amounts versus just casually sipping glasses throughout the day.
Glasses of Water a Day
I only crave water after dancing/training/gym. Its hard for me to drink water in a situation different from those! Thats why I find it so hard to reach 8 cups a day.
Glasses of Water a Day
At work I would easily go through 4 litre's plus of water per day. Weekends my intake isn't that high but at work every second hour I am filling up a 1 litre bottle at the water cooler.
Glasses of Water a Day
^^
I do the same as drinking water is almost like a habit for me at work.

After getting a kidney stone I drink constantly throughout the day and make sure my pee is crystal clear. Anything dark yellow means I'm dehydrated and that will put your body in the danger zone for many ailments.

I don't drink much coffee or soda/pop anymore as they are the worst things to hydrate yourself with due to the sugar and caffeine. My dentist noticed a difference too. You get used to it after a couple of months.
Glasses of Water a Day
Yes the "taste" of water is something you get used to. I actually crave the "taste" of water sometimes now and if you drink shitty tap water like I do then downing a glass of good filtered water tastes great.

Some folks throw in some peppermint oil in there water for flavor. Also liquid chlorophyll works good as its got a nice mint flavour to it (it does turn the water deep green tho).

If you really want to get over the hump of drinking water go buy a gallon of 'distilled water' and chug that down. Its 'dead' water and since it has no minerals in it the taste initially will make you gag but after regular water will "taste" a million times better so your tounge will now recognize the taste of water.