rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What do you guys think of direct game?

By direct game I don't mean, "wussup gurl, where you get a ass like that, holla back atcha boy..." or any of that crap. I mean something like this:

Let's say you're walking down the street, see a girl you want, come up to her and say, "I couldn't help but notice you and I had to come over and tell you that I think you're really cute. I'd like to meet you for coffee[or substitute a bar for alcohol], can I have your number?"

What do you guys think of just a direct approach like that without warming her up with conversation or techniques? Should you or should you not say something about her looks? Or should you comment on something unique about her instead, like her style of dress?

I'm trying to come up with a universal opener. Something I don't have to put any thought into, that can be used in any situation, especially one where time may be limited.

Direct works well, but there are factors that go into it. In this situation, looks matter. As do subcommunications. It helps to be playful after the opener and stack forward, so she's not ruminating on the fact that you called her cute. It's better if you move forward, keeping her engaged, but she still has it in the back of her mind that you want to fuck her. Direct game is great. There are advantages and disadvantages to both types, but it's easier to screen out girls with direct. If you've gone direct on her and she's still around, it's a given to escalate quicker and concentrate a bit more in helping her feel comfortable around you. Indirect is great, but you don't know right off the bat if the chick is willing to go home with you, whereas with direct you can tell within the first couple minutes (unless you do something to fuck it up).

Hope this helps.

I was watching some youtube video with Sinn a while back, and he said "the enemy is not the blowout, it's the 20 minute set to nowhere." Or something of that nature. He was talking about some push-pull opener, and how it either blows him out (with girls with no sense of humor) or leads to very fast escalation. I think this is true with direct openers as well.

Speaking of push-pull, you can integrate a bit of push-pull with direct. Something like "you look too sexy tonight...you seem like trouble...I better stay away from you". Then stack forward immediately.

This does a couple things:push pull, it states your intent, it shows you are playful and funny, but it still shows you're a challenge.

My biggest advice is just to experiment with direct game and see what works for you.

Quote: (10-26-2009 11:34 AM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Let's say you're walking down the street, see a girl you want, come up to her and say, "I couldn't help but notice you and I had to come over and tell you that I think you're really cute. I'd like to meet you for coffee[or substitute a bar for alcohol], can I have your number?"

What do you guys think of just a direct approach like that without warming her up with conversation or techniques?

I think this technique is epic.

It is kind of a subset of direct Game (in my book), kind of "Sincere Game".

This works like a charm, especially if you really believe in it.

At its peak, there is no stronger Game. Cause its real.

Lots of factors though, like UgSlayer said.

The trick is making this work when the girl is fly but you are really not that into her.

- MPM
The Guide to Getting More out of Life
http://www.thegmanifesto.com

Quote: (10-26-2009 02:49 PM)UgSlayer Wrote:  

I was watching some youtube video with Sinn a while back, and he said "the enemy is not the blowout, it's the 20 minute set to nowhere." Or something of that nature. He was talking about some push-pull opener, and how it either blows him out (with girls with no sense of humor) or leads to very fast escalation. I think this is true with direct openers as well.

Speaking of push-pull, you can integrate a bit of push-pull with direct. Something like "you look too sexy tonight...you seem like trouble...I better stay away from you". Then stack forward immediately.

This does a couple things:push pull, it states your intent, it shows you are playful and funny, but it still shows you're a challenge.

My biggest advice is just to experiment with direct game and see what works for you.

Great advice.

And Sinn is absolutely correct.

A girl that rejects you right away is great. You wasted no time or energy.

A girl that you hang out with for 4 hours and ends up going nowhere is your worst enemy.

"Something like "you look too sexy tonight...you seem like trouble...I better stay away from you". Then stack forward immediately."

That is good Game. Or a variation of that.

Strong.

- MPM

By direct game I don't mean, "wussup gurl, where you get a ass like that, holla back atcha boy..."

What's wrong with this?!

Quote: (10-26-2009 03:23 PM)Eric Wrote:  

By direct game I don't mean, "wussup gurl, where you get a ass like that, holla back atcha boy..."

What's wrong with this?!

I think the holla back game only works in rap videos. Or on chics that are really ghetto.

Quote: (10-26-2009 03:43 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

What's wrong with this?!

I think the holla back game only works in rap videos. Or on chics that are really ghetto.

I think it also depends on the girl and the delivery. Not to sound racist or anything, but it seems a lot of ghetto black girls seem to respond more favourably to holla back game. That's not something I think would work very well at all unless it's supported with some kind of aloofness or humour in the typical field.

Quote: (10-26-2009 03:52 PM)Trotter Wrote:  

Quote: (10-26-2009 03:43 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

What's wrong with this?!

I think it also depends on the girl and the delivery. Not to sound racist or anything, but it seems a lot of ghetto black girls seem to respond more favourably to holla back game. That's not something I think would work very well at all unless it's supported with some kind of aloofness or humour in the typical field.

I actually used to bust a version of this when I was a younger Prototype G with great results.

Think a young Mike D on the west coast. (Always done with lots of humor and the right vibe).

During that era I did this, being a hip-hop b-boy kid was dope.

- MPM

The best answer would be just to try it and see what results you get it.

I've had success with 'Hi, how r you?' and 'hey, where is club XXX located?' on the street.

Try it and report back.

Your delivery and looks will dictate what you get out of direct game.

By direct game I don't mean, "wussup gurl, where you get a ass like that, holla back atcha boy..." or any of that crap. I mean something like this:

What do you guys think of just a direct approach like that without warming her up with conversation or techniques? Should you or should you not say something about her looks? Or should you comment on something unique about her instead, like her style of dress?

I'm trying to come up with a universal opener. Something I don't have to put any thought into, that can be used in any situation, especially one where time may be limited.

i never got the number of a girl when i asked for it like ''can i have your number?''

being direct means you are not afraid to show her that you want to bang her and interested in sex....by persuation,she knows that you want to bang her but you are insecure.

result: dont ask !..be direct !

I think I'm a pretty decent looking guy, but direct game just never really sets the right frame. If you do get the number, the percieved value of the transaction always elevates her, so the follow up is always soft from her side.

The key to getting a good follow up - which is a must when it comes to getting laid is leaving the conversation in the right frame. If she thinks you value her too much, she won't respect you and thus will blow you off.

Just get the number, act like its not big deal and go from there. I think indirect game is really the only way to get regular pussy.

I'm a big fan of Modeone. If you haven't heard of it then you should go right now and get yourself a copy of

"Modeone: let the women know what you're really thinking" by Alan roger Currie.

Quote: (10-27-2009 11:47 AM)yoyo Wrote:  

I think I'm a pretty decent looking guy, but direct game just never really sets the right frame. If you do get the number, the percieved value of the transaction always elevates her, so the follow up is always soft from her side.

The key to getting a good follow up - which is a must when it comes to getting laid is leaving the conversation in the right frame. If she thinks you value her too much, she won't respect you and thus will blow you off.

Just get the number, act like its not big deal and go from there. I think indirect game is really the only way to get regular pussy.

What a shallow perspective..

only universal form of game is direct game. it works everywhere. its not lines, routines, manipulation or bullshit. it works best and perhaps only when you are genuinely interested and mean what you say.

pull a few girls this way and you'll find manipulation feels like cheating.. also you realize there's a definite correlation between how well manipulation works and how crappy the girl is (not talking looks, but substance)..

developing a positive vibe and natural direct game = game over

none of this has anything to do with being a "beta male", cheesy compliments or lovey dovey lines

Quote:Quote:

Eye contact -> "Hi whats your name/hi my name is"... not trying to be cocky or a wise-ass but that's a good stand-by.

I love direct game cause it fits me and just works for me....I just say "Hi, How are you today?"....and i "cold read" like a mutherfucker....my "cold reading" is getting to be as good as fake psychics and FBI agents. I look at how there dressed, how they walk, anything that i can use to get a clue about their personality. Then i adjust my "delivery", "tone", "vibe", etc. to fit the girl.... I approach smart intellectual girls different then i approach party fun type chicks...and I approach chicks in work out clothes at "Whole foods" different then I approach professional types in business suits....that shit is key for my direct game...But its not for everyone....GUYS HAVE TO FIND THE STYLE OF GAME THAT WORKS FOR THEM AND MASTER THAT....WHICH STYLE ARE YOU THE MOST COMFORTABLE WITH???....WHICH STYLE FITS YOUR NATURAL PERSONALITY AND TALENTS???.....

Yo Gio, can you give examples of your approach to the Whole Foods honeys? They always seem like they're in their own organic grass fed world.

I definitely agree with maintaining a reflexive approach to approaching. Each honey gets a tailored approach [Image: wink.gif]

Another good frame when using direct game is that you cannot help but approach the girl. Like, you have other shit to do, but you can't leave without talking to her. Not from a needy place, but from a place of: you are a man, you follow through on your desires and act when you intend to do something. You are not afraid to take what you want. If you're not used to this type of thinking, it takes a lot of blowouts and a good amount of success before you truly internalize that kind of frame, though.

Quote: (12-16-2009 10:42 PM)UgSlayer Wrote:  

Another good frame when using direct game is that you cannot help but approach the girl. Like, you have other shit to do, but you can't leave without talking to her. Not from a needy place, but from a place of: you are a man, you follow through on your desires and act when you intend to do something. You are not afraid to take what you want. If you're not used to this type of thinking, it takes a lot of blowouts and a good amount of success before you truly internalize that kind of frame, though.

To be able to pull this off requires a LOOOTTT of confidence, because when you show your intentions to a girl in this manner, you are basically putting yourself out there 100%. I would like to see someone do this before I would try it, because I can't imagine going up to a girl and putting myself out there to this degree... I would feel like I am basically submitting to a girl I don't know.

Could you explain this approach a little bit more. I see where you're coming from, but could you give a little more info to the frame of mind you have when you do this kind of approach?

Quote: (12-16-2009 10:59 PM)kerouac Wrote:  

Quote: (12-16-2009 10:42 PM)UgSlayer Wrote:  

To be able to pull this off requires a LOOOTTT of confidence, because when you show your intentions to a girl in this manner, you are basically putting yourself out there 100%. I would like to see someone do this before I would try it, because I can't imagine going up to a girl and putting myself out there to this degree... I would feel like I am basically submitting to a girl I don't know.

Could you explain this approach a little bit more. I see where you're coming from, but could you give a little more info to the frame of mind you have when you do this kind of approach?

It comes down to being fearless in your approach. Even if she blows you out the worst you've ever blown out, you don't really care. You've got choices and an abundance of women at your disposal. To address the fact that you would feel like you're submitting, I wouldn't think of it like that at all. It's not productive to place that much gravity on an interaction with someone you don't even know at that point. Women want you and you are choosing her. She should be flattered. If not, no big deal. Getting rejected is just a fact of life when you approach. The best players are akin to the best quarterbacks. The best quarterbacks have a short memory. They don't get a big head or too comfortable because of the last touchdown and they don't get down on themselves for throwing a pick. They just play to the best of their ability.

The guys who approach a lot and get blown out often early in their pickup careers and therefore build a resistance to being emotionally affected by anything a girl does eventually become the best of the best and pull consistently.

For an exaggerated example of this, imagine the mindset of the guy who stars in Twilight at the party following the premiere of the film.

The guys who get the most ass are stars, sociopaths, and guys who approach like machines.
You said that it requires a lot of confidence. I can only respond that confidence is forged through experience. The more you approach and escalate, the more confidence you will achieve.

here is one of the best examples of being direct

http://modeone.net/archives/M1-Backstory.html

I've never gone THAT direct, but his frame is strong from the get-go and never lets up. I think that having a strong frame is one of the fundamental pillars of game.

Check out this interview. Very cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKBlh4GzI..._embedded#

direct game works like 50/50, but i don't think your line: "you are cute, couldn't help but notice....can i have your number..." works, that is a lame way of approaching a girl on the street, i think.

It has nothing to do with Game, but one advice I got from my main teacher (music conservatory) about travelling with my instrument on board planes after 2001 was: go to the counter to check-in, look secure to the eyes, amicably but not asking, never ask if you "can bring your case on board instead of checking"....transmit security that you know you are taking it inside. Ever after that, i have taken my guitar with me on board, even 2 of them and the counter girls and stewardesses have been all over me to help me.

Same goes in direct aproach, you should bring your body language together with a good opener right, but don't really ask, have it as a given. Many times you will get rejected, but at least you didn't waste time nor made the bitch feel absolutely special.
In my book, i never compliment or make the girls feel too special, the special is me, the honour is theirs..

I think one of the main keys to direct game is discreetness. If you go direct on her when she's in a group of her friends or where there is a crowd, the odds of direct game working is far less likely than if you go direct on her when she's alone. This is one of the areas where I feel like the PUA community has it almost right, but not quite. They talk a lot about isolation, but mostly in the context of it being a non-verbal DHV. I haven't read too much about their recommendations for what you supposed to do once you have her isolated, they mostly just say to continue the conversation where you left off. I say when you have her isolated and its just you and her, thats the time to start a whole new conversation based around being direct and upfront about why you stopped to talk to her in the first place.

Quote: (12-17-2009 12:14 AM)metalhaze Wrote:  

here is one of the best examples of being direct

http://modeone.net/archives/M1-Backstory.html

This was a good summary of direct game, well sold, and entertaining.