rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Blind Date

Blind Date

Anyone else a fan of the show Blind Date? Sometimes I wish that show was still on TV, I grew up watching that as a teen in the late 90's-early 2000's.

Recently, when I've been bored, I've watched a few episodes on youtube, they're normally only like 9 mins long, quick to watch, and some are pretty hilarious.

I also like how you can really see a lot of the things that guys do right and wrong, plus analyze body language and sometimes the subtleties of communication.

Here's an episode I think is a decent example, of how a guy could have easily landed the girl, but he came with some weak game and fucked it up. Dude is 6 ft 2 in, athletic build, and a pretty good looking guy, what the majority of white American women are typically into, the chick is obviously feeling him from the get go, but he fumbles and stumbles.

She ends up making the move on him, and then he makes a boneheaded comment, to completely kill the vibe. With just slightly better game, and the knowledge and understanding of escalating kino and striking when the iron is hot, this guy would have had the cat in the bag.

Blind Date

Holy crap that was torture to watch, i was on the edge of my seat shouting "go for it!!" like 6 times.

Blind Date

Yeah, that was hard to watch. I would be nervous on camera and probably have to drink a good amount to calm me down. He could of easily fucked her.

Blind Date

This guy is a monumental idiot. This girl was practically begging him to fuck her. He just needed the most basic of games to pound this shit out and he managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. This is typical of guys who are received as good-looking and hone zero game skills over their formative years. They think they have game--or that they don't "need game"--because they slayed a few by virtue of their looks, but it's really been because girls have essentially climbed on their dick. Sooner or later, shit catches up to them--as it did on Colin here. All it takes is a competitor, a girl who isn't going to chase him, or another difficult situation.

All of the girls on these shows (I'm including its cousin Elimidate) were really DTF. The show threw you a lob (in the form of a drunk, dumb, and horny chick) and you just had to get her home. I actually knew a girl who went on Elimidate and was disqualified in like two seconds. LOL.

@OGNorCal: Please upload other episodes you find interesting. Hopefully ones with game that isn't quite so painful to watch!

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Blind Date

Hahahahaha

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Blind Date

Quote: (04-15-2012 10:42 AM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

@OGNorCal: Please upload other episodes you find interesting. Hopefully ones with game that isn't quite so painful to watch!

Okay, here is an example of a guy that I think has pretty good game. There are a couple other episodes I've seen where guys had better game, but in those cases those guys were probably better looking than their dates, whereas the guy in this episode isn't bad looking by any means, but I'd say that his girl is a point or two above him. I find the chick in this episode to be pretty damn fine, although a little too tan.

One thing I've noticed is that the dates where things go well, they seem to hit it off right off the bat from the first look, impression, hug. The episodes where the date doesn't go well and there is zero attraction, there is normally a super awkward or dry greeting with either a cold "buisness-like" handshake, or an uncomfortable brief hug with hover hand. Sometimes you can straight up see the look of disappointment on the woman's face, or in her body language.

Right off the bat with this episode, the guy gets a good greeting, he opens the door with a big ole smile and says "there she is" and gives her a hug, then does an elbow touch when pulling back, he then claims that he never caught her name (prob b.s.), and then gives her a slow double handed handshake when making a formal intro. This all equals good kino and rapport building, and good impression right off the bat.

The guy does a good job of putting off a chill, friendly, light and playful vibe. He seems to have a positive attitude and he keeps convo flowing, balancing talking and asking her questions. He teases her playful, and does a good job of handling her shit tests. She keeps on trying to accuse him of being a player, and he does a good job of playing it off, while not agreeing or denying, coming off as confident and honest at the same time.

Now my critique, from the get go, I thought this guy needed to step up his fashion game, the outfit he's wearing to meet her is whack (to his defense it was prob over a decade ago). Next dude probably could have escalated sooner at dinner, but he did a good job of escalating at the bar. Next, probably what really fucked him, was that he had the cat in the bag, everything was sewed up, but he got too "nice guy" at the end. This chick was wanting an "alpha" to go caveman, she had it for a min, but then dude swtiched up and got all "sensitive beta" at the end, in RVF talk, "her pussy dried up."

The date recap just goes to show, how fickle women can be.

Blind Date

"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the good-looking guy, one must not forget the Beta heart that lies beneath it..."
- Moby Dick

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Blind Date

Good thread OG. I used to have these on DVD but lost them when moving. These will help you out a lot more than some Sasha type PUA.

Blind Date

Wow. This was incredibly painful to watch, i h8 guys who are extremely good looking with no game because if i were in their shoes it would make my life so much easier! Fail.

Blind Date

In the first vid, it starts getting disastrous at the 4 minute mark. Before that, it wasn't too bad, but it's clear he's too reactive. He's too worried about how she'll respond, and he's clearly doting on her every word. And while he isn't necessarily worshiping her, he puts too much value on her.

Quote:Quote:

All of the girls on these shows (I'm including its cousin Elimidate) were really DTF. The show threw you a lob (in the form of a drunk, dumb, and horny chick) and you just had to get her home. I actually knew a girl who went on Elimidate and was disqualified in like two seconds. LOL.

Yeah, it's kind of strange how these girls are so down on the show. But if you met them in person, in a bar, it would be a total uphill climb. I've noticed a similar phenomenon in social circles. When a guy is preselected, part of her accepted social circle, his margin for error is 10x bigger, he can still hook her if a point less than her, and she won't assume he's lower value right off the bat. Also, as the blog Ratio Factor says, sex ratios were much better years ago, and polygyny was less prevalent.

I actually did get asked to go on a new dating show, when I was out one night. Didn't go for it though.

Blind Date

The chick in the second video admits she's leaving in a week. So she's either an an attention whore trying to get herself on TV or looking to just get laid (or both). The guy was a sucker, she obviously wanted him to kiss her and wanted the dick that night. Watch her try to save face at the end, typical woman.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Blind Date

It's very hard to be relaxed in front of a camera crew. I've been in front of a camera crew several times and as long as you're even a tiny bit nervous, you don't act at the top of your game.

Attention whore girls are great at being in front of camera because that is what they live for, but for most normal guys (and normal girls), it's a bit out of the ordinary.

Blind Date

http://www.chadbaron.com/Site/Blind_Date...getta.html

I posted this awhile back on here. Solid pickup.

Blind Date

Quote: (04-15-2012 12:56 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

Okay, here is an example of a guy that I think has pretty good game. There are a couple other episodes I've seen where guys had better game, but in those cases those guys were probably better looking than their dates, whereas the guy in this episode isn't bad looking by any means, but I'd say that his girl is a point or two above him. I find the chick in this episode to be pretty damn fine, although a little too tan.

Okay, the guy in Video #2 definitely has tight game, but he made a couple of subtle, but deadly, mistakes:

1. Making out too much, and getting too touchy, at the venue. As I've discovered through repeated testing--and I've reported in other threads--making out (especially that much) at the venue makes it a lot less likely that you'll get the bang (any move to someone's house will obviously be for banging, setting off the LMR alarms like gangbusters).

2. Not going for the bang. This is closely related to first one, but the fact that she had a very public makeout session--and gushed about the guy--on camera, made it an eventuality that her hamster was going to start rolling double-speed as soon as she had a moment to think about it. She had to re-assert her control, and her way to do that was to reject him--a woman's last, and only, resort. He should have made out less, gotten her into his place for a little "innocent, private make-out time," and gone for the gold. Woulda banged, no doubt.

Still, you gotta give the guy credit. He put down solid game he can proud of. One of the biggest contributors his problem, after all, was totally out of his control. You spend all day with the bitch. That's bad, since if you withhold a make-out for that many hours--in anticipation of being alone--it ends up working against you. Plus, it's hard to keep a girl horny for that long. She may stay attracted, but the DTF vibe is susceptible to dying out.

The fact that she was leaving in a week probably was the nail in the coffin. She knew that she would be getting together just to bang. And, that's the last thing she would want to admit on camera.

This show pre-dates the advent of texting, but it's interesting to imagine what a (private) text like this would have done to resurrect the chemistry.

"Hey, let's grab a goodbye drink this week. Is tuesday or wednesday nite better for you?"

Grab a drink in the neighborhood, transition to the house for round two, and bang. It would be possible.

Blind Date

I used to love this show as well. Some of them were classic. I wonder how many were set up to succeed, like some of those dating shows.

Blind Date

Cool show. I've learned alot from it.

Blind Date

I loooove Blind Date! So funny and so tragic at the same time.

Deixa que essa fase é passageira, amanhã será melhor você vai ver a cidade inteira seu samba saber de cor!

Blind Date

Here's one from D.C., a black guy with "wanna-be thug beta provider game". I'm guessing this wasn't the type of brother Roosh was winging with back in the day, although maybe he was an inspiration for "compliment and cuddle."

Blind Date

1st Video: If I had to guess, yes, she's into him, but I don't think its that obvious. Unfortunately I see a lot of myself in the first video.

I've been criticized for missing the signs myself many times. Even the little animations saw the apparent obvious signals though.

Anybody care to give a 00:00 of the obvious signals? Minus of course when she kissed him herself?

Blind Date

Quote: (05-05-2012 12:08 AM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

Here's one from D.C., a black guy with "wanna-be thug beta provider game". I'm guessing this wasn't the type of brother Roosh was winging with back in the day, although maybe he was an inspiration for "compliment and cuddle."

Aw snizzap!

That shit was painful at moments. This guy's a caricatured version of an already-corny type of late 80s/early 90s black-dude game.

Blind Date

Wow at that last video posted with the black guy. What a lame ass haha.

Anyone else notice how much easier the girls seem to talk to and interact with before cell phones blew up? I wish I had a time machine to go back to the late 90's.

Blind Date

Quote: (05-06-2012 06:23 PM)houston Wrote:  

Wow at that last video posted with the black guy. What a lame ass haha.

Anyone else notice how much easier the girls seem to talk to and interact with before cell phones blew up? I wish I had a time machine to go back to the late 90's.

What do you mean? I kinda see what you're getting at but please elaborate if you can. How would Blind Date in 2012 differ from Blind Date circa early 2000s (when this show was filmed)?

Blind Date

He has it in the bag until the end, when I had a "....WTF?!?!?!?" moment. Always be closing!

Blind Date

Quote: (04-15-2012 12:56 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

Quote: (04-15-2012 10:42 AM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

One thing I've noticed is that the dates where things go well, they seem to hit it off right off the bat from the first look, impression, hug. The episodes where the date doesn't go well and there is zero attraction, there is normally a super awkward or dry greeting with either a cold "buisness-like" handshake, or an uncomfortable brief hug with hover hand. Sometimes you can straight up see the look of disappointment on the woman's face, or in her body language.

Right off the bat with this episode, the guy gets a good greeting, he opens the door with a big ole smile and says "there she is" and gives her a hug, then does an elbow touch when pulling back, he then claims that he never caught her name (prob b.s.), and then gives her a slow double handed handshake when making a formal intro. This all equals good kino and rapport building, and good impression right off the bat.

The guy does a good job of putting off a chill, friendly, light and playful vibe. He seems to have a positive attitude and he keeps convo flowing, balancing talking and asking her questions. He teases her playful, and does a good job of handling her shit tests. She keeps on trying to accuse him of being a player, and he does a good job of playing it off, while not agreeing or denying, coming off as confident and honest at the same time.

Now my critique, from the get go, I thought this guy needed to step up his fashion game, the outfit he's wearing to meet her is whack (to his defense it was prob over a decade ago). Next dude probably could have escalated sooner at dinner, but he did a good job of escalating at the bar. Next, probably what really fucked him, was that he had the cat in the bag, everything was sewed up, but he got too "nice guy" at the end. This chick was wanting an "alpha" to go caveman, she had it for a min, but then dude swtiched up and got all "sensitive beta" at the end, in RVF talk, "her pussy dried up."

The date recap just goes to show, how fickle women can be.

good game, but bad style....just like you said. Can't believe guys go on a date that way..