rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Date ideas for DC, Alexandria, or Arlington?

Evening Gentlemen/fellow Swoopers,

I didnt know whether to put this in the Game or Travel section, but oh well

-I recently moved into this area a couple months ago and doing the independent lifestyle after school. Don't have a 9-5 yet so things have been a bit rough, but been making moves in the past couple weeks and finally getting things on the right track now.
- Anyways, I dont know as much about the city as I would like to besides the usual tourist bullsh** -and just a FEW bars in Arlington, and some of Old Town. I was just wondering if any of you can make any personal recommendations/rants for date ideas in the area. I've looked up places on yelp, but was wondering if anybody here might know any hidden gyms or places for awesome views and what not (what chicks love, etc.). Anything. I know plenty of usual/good date ideas, but am trying to find particular places that are awesome to take a girl to (as well as hopefully not mucho money as of right now, and any ideas for under 21 would be nice as well.) Just wondering.
-Not just restaurants, dinner dates are lame (unless you are cooking for her). Any good places for being active, fun, spontaneous, etc. Things to see in the city/areas as night, that people might not know about or the hole in the wall type places (that are maybe off the beaten path, but amazing. These could be restaurants or bars, etc.)

Any help and advice is mucho appreciated guys,

Thanks for the time,

Knowledge

Quote: (04-13-2012 12:38 AM)IpsaScientiaPotestasEst Wrote:  

-I recently moved into this area a couple months ago and doing the independent lifestyle after school. Don't have a 9-5 yet so things have been a bit rough, but been making moves in the past couple weeks and finally getting things on the right track now.
- Anyways, I dont know as much about the city as I would like to besides the usual tourist bullsh** -and just a FEW bars in Arlington, and some of Old Town. I was just wondering if any of you can make any personal recommendations/rants for date ideas in the area. I've looked up places on yelp, but was wondering if anybody here might know any hidden gyms or places for awesome views and what not (what chicks love, etc.). Anything. I know plenty of usual/good date ideas, but am trying to find particular places that are awesome to take a girl to (as well as hopefully not mucho money as of right now, and any ideas for under 21 would be nice as well.) Just wondering.
-Not just restaurants, dinner dates are lame (unless you are cooking for her). Any good places for being active, fun, spontaneous, etc. Things to see in the city/areas as night, that people might not know about or the hole in the wall type places (that are maybe off the beaten path, but amazing. These could be restaurants or bars, etc.)

Thanks for the time,

Knowledge

Alot of PUAs get too wrapped up trying to come up with the perfect date idea. I wouldn't worry about it too much, because it's going to be about your connection with her, and not what you want to do.

The best date spot is a bar within walking distance of your house for bouncing.

Quote: (04-14-2012 09:26 PM)Celtic Wrote:  

Thanks for the time,

Knowledge

Alot of PUAs get too wrapped up trying to come up with the perfect date idea. I wouldn't worry about it too much, because it's going to be about your connection with her, and not what you want to do.

Disagree! Depends on the girl, if you already know some info about her such as her hobbies or the fact that she is adventurous do something along those lines. For example a chick i've been talking to casually dropped that she plays volleyball so I invited her to play some at the beach volleyball courts by the Lincoln Memorial and then hit the Georgetown waterfront (just a mile away) for some drinks outdoors (since i'm sure both of us will be sweating).

BCZ, this sounds like a good idea. I'm just not sure a girl is going to be willing to have a drink while stinky, sweaty, sandy, and not looking good, particularly at waterfront which is classy location.

I suppose it really depends if you're playing lazy chill six person vball or doubles.

Quote: (05-01-2012 09:26 PM)BCZalgyris Wrote:  

Quote: (04-14-2012 09:26 PM)Celtic Wrote:  

Thanks for the time,

Knowledge

Disagree! Depends on the girl, if you already know some info about her such as her hobbies or the fact that she is adventurous do something along those lines. For example a chick i've been talking to casually dropped that she plays volleyball so I invited her to play some at the beach volleyball courts by the Lincoln Memorial and then hit the Georgetown waterfront (just a mile away) for some drinks outdoors (since i'm sure both of us will be sweating).

It really depends what you're going for. If you're after the SNL, then logistics are everything and you want give her a low-pressure way of either coming back to your place or letting you into hers. Unless you plan to segue into night plans and you get her to bring a change of clothes to your place, I don't see how your date can end with the bang.

Also, a lot of broads these days, especially in a place like DC, will hold it against you if you plan anything too elaborate and by too elaborate I mean anything more interesting than drinks. This is a city full of socially awkward girls who often interpret any attempt to "make a connection" as needy or creepy. When it comes to dates in DC, K.I.S.S. or keep it simple, stupid.